Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 1 / 11
A fórum moderátora: KisKZ, tweakie, Amatőr 
Fórum » Only in English » Mach3 related issues » A new Wrapper function. (Wrapping an existing toolpath around a cylindrical workpiece)
A new Wrapper function.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-12-19, 09:38 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Something that may be of interest to those that use a 4th Axis with Mach3.

Terry (TP / VMax) has now produced an additional Mach screen that allows the Y and A axes tool-paths (complete with port and pin settings) to be easily exchanged within Mach3 (and a backup created to restore the original settings) thus requiring no changes to the original GCode in order to facilitate rotary machining.

This has been shown to enable a very fast solution to transferring an existing X, Y toolpath to an X, A toolpath. The existing steps per unit for the A axis are used to calculate the new linear steps per unit based on the specified work diameter and more details (including a download of the wizard screen) can be found in this thread; http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,23216.0.html

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 3252538.jpg(44Kb)

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-12-19, 14:53 | Üzenet/Post # 2
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
tweakie, that is a great thing, I think it's only a question of time for the hobbysts who own a router to have a 4th axis. As I see the 1.03 is the final version. Am I correct?

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-12-19, 16:47 | Üzenet/Post # 3
alapvető tag
Hi Amator,

I am using version 1.03 but I think Terry is likely to make a few more refinements before his is finished with this idea biggrin

A 4th axis is nice but mine does not get used that much however I am very impressed with the possibility of panorama lithophanes on tubular stock as Zasti made so perhaps this is something I will have to try.

Tweakie.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-12-20, 09:45 | Üzenet/Post # 4
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
tweakie, yes, Zasti's work automatically call the ideas to make something lighting, lampion, or led related things.
If I will be able to start my machine again, I'd like to try the glass engraving on a bottle. I think this Mach screen will be just perfect.

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 11:15 | Üzenet/Post # 5
alapvető tag
Idézet
I'd like to try the glass engraving on a bottle.

Hi Amator,

This new Mach Screen should work well but I think you would have to select a suitable bottle or perhaps use a spring loaded engraving tool - the bottles we have here are not precisely round. sad

Tweakie.

Fórum » Only in English » Mach3 related issues » A new Wrapper function. (Wrapping an existing toolpath around a cylindrical workpiece)
Oldal 1 / 11
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016