Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 8 / 40«126789103940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-27, 15:45 | Üzenet/Post # 141
alapvető tag
Hi Jerry,

Just some further thoughts…

It’s a bit difficult to explain but Mach3 will not make any axis movements smaller than the set step size. Therefore the blended X axis movement and imaginary rotary axis movement mean that the rotary axis direction pin does not actually change state until the X axis has travelled a short distance on it’s current GCode line.

Small X axis movements don’t have the problem – it’s only the longer X axis movements which have the blended movement problem.

My solution would be to try increasing your imaginary rotary axis travel distance in PEP and / or reduce it’s step size in Mach3.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-27, 16:02 | Üzenet/Post # 142
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Tweakie
     Yes I will try that with a small file of just the text I will see if the problem could happen when the dithering takes place. Also the picture edge is the edge and might lead to something. I'll do some testing soon and get back to you.
Thanks

John
    I am using V 4.2.1
Thanks
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-27, 16:13 | Üzenet/Post # 143
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Jerry,
Send me the bitmap image of the mill, and I will give it a try with my laser diode.  Also let me know what dithering method you are using.
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-27, 16:14 | Üzenet/Post # 144
alapvető tag
Jerry,

Just to clarify...

When I said reduce the imaginary rotary axis step size that means increasing the steps per unit for that axis. smile

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-08-28, 19:40 | Üzenet/Post # 145
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Here's my version of your mill image.  Sized to 10 x 8 inches and Atkinson dithered.  About 1hr. 45 min. at 80 ipm.

Near the bottom of the wall, in the center, you can see where some pixels are missing on one scan line.  This is where something triggered an Estop of my system, but I was able to reset and continue.

I think that at a larger size and with improved dithering, the image could be better yet.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 7443928.jpg(168Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-08-28, 23:06 | Üzenet/Post # 146
komoly tag
John
That's great!!! I can't wait till I can try it again.
Thanks Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-08-28, 23:06)
---------------------------------------------
Oh John
What does improved dithering mean? How can you improve something that's  great?
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 00:21 | Üzenet/Post # 147
Fontos tag
Idézet (Honk)
Oh JohnWhat does improved dithering mean? How can you improve something that's great?
Jerry
Jerry,
Thanks much, but in quick testing today, I think the Floyd-Steinberg dithering will do a better job for you than Atkinson.  I'll be able to test again Sunday next.
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 00:22

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 01:03 | Üzenet/Post # 148
komoly tag
Thanks John
I'll give it a try next week myself. I'm also anxious to try C-0.0001. I'll let you know.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 01:04

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 09:02 | Üzenet/Post # 149
alapvető tag
Idézet
I'm also anxious to try C-0.0001.

?

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 10:49 | Üzenet/Post # 150
Fontos tag
Tweakie,
I had replied earlier via email to Jerry that using a shorter C moves (C-.0001) should give him a higher TTL feed rate than if he was using longer moves (C-.0255).  Since he is using the C direction pin, minimizing axis moves should speed up Mach3 blended feed rate, or so my testing indicates.
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-29, 11:14 | Üzenet/Post # 151
alapvető tag
Hi John,

Thanks for the info I understand the reasoning.

It seems that everything CNC is a compromise.

Tweakie.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-31, 03:29 | Üzenet/Post # 152
komoly tag
Hi John
I tried that Floyd Steinberg and also the False Floyd Steinberg and started The program in each. I found that the light gray areas were way to white. I noticed that the same areas with the Atkinson Adjustable 0.125 were to dark. I messed around with the settings on the adjustment and I am going to do one with this setting at 0.031. It seems to lighten up the darker-light gray areas but I don't have a clue what the rest will do until I run it. I have reset C-0.0255 to C-0.0001 and also am going to run at 75 ISM. By the way, keep in mind that I do not even have any kind of an idea what I am trying to say but if I keep changing the settings enough something will soon work, Don't you think?
Thanks again
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-31, 11:16 | Üzenet/Post # 153
Fontos tag
Jerry,
It seems obvious that there is something electrical/mechanical with your system that is not right.  I do not believe it is a programming settings issue, although settings can make a difference/improvement.  I think it might be better for you to try simpler, smaller images until the problems are resolved.  Perhaps just try only engraving black and white images, such as the lettering in the mill image, and make one change/adjustment at a time until you get good repeatable results.  From your last mill image it appears, as Tweakie pointed out, that your laser is not turning off fast enough.  This would seem to be indicating a problem with the TTL controller response.  Using only black and white images will help in troubleshooting this.  Once this is fixed, then dithered gray scale images can be tried again.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-01, 14:45 | Üzenet/Post # 154
komoly tag
I have been doing some trial files with large and small files.  I found that when a large file is in Mach 3 that my keyboard arrows will move the torch about 3 or 4 inches when I try to adjust but the tab fly down arrows work good. I Emailed Art Soft on this issue and they said if I keep using files this large that I will have to get a external motion device instead of using my parallel port ???? Could this problem be connected to the issue I am having with  what Tweakie said in post #141. I will try to some more today to figure out something.
Thank you
Jerry
PS: This is from Mach3.
( It's possible you're having some weird PC issue and what you are seeing is the actually pulse stream from the parallel port being interrupted.)
(If you're going to keep running files that large, you may actually need to invest in an external motion device instead of relying on
the parallel port...)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-01, 14:52 | Üzenet/Post # 155
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Try turning off the tool path view after you set up to run a large file and before you click on start.  Tool path refresh on large files may very well be an issue, especially on slower computers.
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-01, 16:14 | Üzenet/Post # 156
alapvető tag
Idézet
I found that when a large file is in Mach 3 that my keyboard arrows will move the torch about 3 or 4 inches when I try to adjust but the tab fly down arrows work good.

Hi Jerry,

This is one of the peculiarities with Mach3.
I get exactly the same issue with large files and keyboard jogging but it does not affect the running of the GCode in any way.

Tweakie.

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-02, 02:28 | Üzenet/Post # 157
komoly tag
Hi to all
I'm still not frustrated but it's getting close. What Tweakie was talking about, laser is not turning off fast enough, I tried a bunch of tests with letters and watched the edges, I discovered the slower I run the FPM the smaller the edge problem. I can almost make it go away but Christmas would be when the next file is done. Does anyone know another way to test to see if this is what is going on? (Besides  buying a new power supply). It sure makes sense to me.
Thanks Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Hétfő, 2013-09-02, 02:30

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-02, 06:38 | Üzenet/Post # 158
alapvető tag
Jerry, just a suggestion which may shed some light on the problem.

Within Mach3…

Config / Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs, un-check ‘Enabled’ for the C Axis.
Config / Ports & Pins / Output Signals, check ‘Enabled’ for Output#1 and configure it to the same Port#, Pin Number & Active state you have set for your C Axis.

This will now enable your laser to be triggered from the M11P1 / M10P1 command set rather than the C Axis direction pin.

Run your modified, Butterfly GCode file (if necessary adjust the feed-rate using the FRO slider).

To revert back to the C Axis direction pin method of laser control then just ‘Disable’ Output#1 in Output Signals and ‘Enable’ C Axis in Motor Outputs and you are back to where you were before.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

Just an after thought - If you are already using Output#1 for spindle control (M3 / M5) then you need to re-configure the Spindle Setup to use Output#2.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by tweakie - Hétfő, 2013-09-02, 06:57

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-02, 16:21 | Üzenet/Post # 159
komoly tag
Tweakie
Here is the first attempt at the butterfly with the modified code. I can see that it is not turning off the laser when it is suppose to also. I think I don't know what I am doing!
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 5433306.jpg(44Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-02, 18:51 | Üzenet/Post # 160
Fontos tag
Jerry,
What are the velocity and acceleration settings you are using for your C axis, and Mach3 version?  I don't believe they are the problem, but just double checking.  Also, can you please post details of your laser controller?
John

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 8 / 40«126789103940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016