Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 6 / 40«12456783940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-08-05, 21:08 | Üzenet/Post # 101
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Tweakie,
Absolutely correct, but I only meant for tap water to be used short-term for testing.  I can't see where shifting in both X and Y, like seen in Jerry's images without loss of steps, can be anything else but beam alignment shift.  His observation of adding ice certainly seems to point in that direction.  Again, I'm speaking from a position of no hands-on experience.
JohnC

I paint with a blue light beam.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-08-05, 21:32 | Üzenet/Post # 102
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
I finally have enough power to implement 256 incremental steps on a mirror. Ran this with PEP4 ver. 133 with a .01" pixel res. and 2X vertical at 120IPM with full power.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 6852854.jpg(83Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 08:03 | Üzenet/Post # 103
alapvető tag
Idézet
I can't see where shifting in both X and Y, like seen in Jerry's images without loss of steps, can be anything else but beam alignment shift. His observation of adding ice certainly seems to point in that direction.

Hi John,

That certainly seems to be the most plausible explanation.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 08:05 | Üzenet/Post # 104
alapvető tag
Hi Jeff,

Excellent work with the mirror. respect

Have you sprayed the back after etching ?

Tweakie.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 08:21 | Üzenet/Post # 105
alapvető tag
Hi Jerry,

Following John’s thoughts on this…

Perhaps you could take a few moments to carefully inspect you laser tube to make absolutely certain that there are no air bubbles (air pockets) – particularly inside the little water jackets at each end of the tube.

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 10:27 | Üzenet/Post # 106
komoly tag
Thanks Tweakie,

I only spray it with a light coat of clear to seal it. To much clear will dull the image. I reverse the power when doing these, so white is the highest power, which turns the front white. Black does not burn through so it stays silver and then I get the levels in between by varying the power. The original image was not a good example for any shading, but I plan on trying a real photo today. I'm just experimenting to get my settings worked out for the different materials right now.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2013-08-06, 13:17

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 12:47 | Üzenet/Post # 107
alapvető tag
Hi John,

Further to my earlier post – I think the only thing we know for certain is that it is not the actual PEP produced GCode (but, I suppose it could possibly be Mach3 getting into trouble with it’s interpretation of the code).

One further thought…
If thermal expansion / contraction of the laser tube's optical system somehow produced the horizontal shift shown here http://kiskz.ucoz.hu/_fr/2/2984163.jpg then should it not also produce horizontal shift when scanning vertically ??
Strange that vertical scanning produces a vertical shift. http://kiskz.ucoz.hu/_fr/2/5300353.jpg

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 19:10 | Üzenet/Post # 108
Fontos tag
Tweakie,
I'm probably interpreting the images differently, but both seem to show the same vertical and horizontal displacements to me.
John

Hozzáadva (2013-08-06, 19:10)
---------------------------------------------
On Jerry's smaller images, which take less time, the effect is either missing or minimal, adding further evidence to beam misalignment worsening with longer run times.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-08-06, 22:16 | Üzenet/Post # 109
komoly tag
Did this one today with .006" pixel resolution, analog modulation, 120 IPM with full power. It's 11.375" X 10.5" and it took 2 hours 55 minutes to engrave.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 5848530.jpg(103Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-08-07, 03:57 | Üzenet/Post # 110
Fontos tag
Jeff,
You just get better and better, and harder to catch. yes
JohnC

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-08-07, 12:45 | Üzenet/Post # 111
komoly tag
Thanks John,

Before I changed my router's X&Y motor timing belt ratios to get higher blended feedrates, I backed off the power of the two laser diodes by adjusting the driver down to 3.8A max. Now that I can run at a blended feedrate of 165IPM, I need to adjust it back up to 4.8A max to speed up the engravings.

I'm very happy with this setup using the MA3 shaft encoder again because it gives me so many ways to adjust the power levels and ranges for different materials. I'm no longer restrained by the Z axis so I can set the zero starting burning point anywhere and then change the steps in the motor tuning to get the range of power from there. I'm using the same .0000" minimum and -.0256" max depth in your program for all materials now. I also noticed I am getting a smaller focal spot with the new lenses and these laser diodes. The best I can tell by my engravings, it looks like a .004"-.005" burn line.

Now I just need to resolve the mass weight inertia oscillations running at these high accelerations and feedrates when reversing the axis directions so quickly.  yes

Any ideas anyone? Tweakie, did you have this issue with your CO2 and if so, how did you resolve it? Right now I'm adding a black or white band on the edges of the image where the code reverses directions so the laser is at it's lowest power when this happens.   

Jeff

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-08-07, 13:02 | Üzenet/Post # 112
alapvető tag
Jeff,

I initially added the 'null' bands to the sides of the artwork to allow for the acceleration / deceleration zones but now have a better algorithm to adjust output power with feed-rate and use 'exact stop' mode to prevent the blended Y axis movement at the X axis line ends. (the combined mass of my X and Z axes prevents me using a feed-rate in excess of 4500mm/min with an Acceleration above 450mm/sec/sec).

Everything is a compromise wacko

Tweakie.

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-08-09, 23:17 | Üzenet/Post # 113
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Well I don't think that was it. I set up and dreamed up a way to keep things the right temperature. Ice packs behind the H2O cooler fan and small ice packs in the water tank watching close I could keep it between 72 and 77 degrees F.   I did it early so it would be cool in the shop, opened up the shop and started the program. I ran about 2/3 of the program with out a problem it had a few light spots where I adjusted the speed to get the color like I wanted about 62 inches a minute and it was looking good. Then the electricity went off all over the neighborhood. So when it came back on I sanded it down and started all over. I changed the speed in the program From 72 to 62 I.P.M. and started the program. See what I get, it is back and I tried to keep the temperature between 72 and 77, its a nice cool day, I have a fan blowing on everything. I'll try something new tomorrow.
Thanks Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 1114388.jpg(63Kb) · 9780984.jpg(107Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-10, 08:11 | Üzenet/Post # 114
alapvető tag
Jerry,

Did you check for air pockets as I suggested in post #105 ?

Tweakie.

Pabló Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-10, 10:55 | Üzenet/Post # 115
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 675
Kitüntetések/Medals: 2
JJWMACHINECO

Jeff, this is very nice .
black points are burnt, and was dyed black?
There is some paint, which sepia kind (jellow) of image can be achieved?
this is very nice

Thanks Pabló

Pablo83.weebly.com

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-10, 12:05 | Üzenet/Post # 116
komoly tag
Thanks Pablo,

I only used clear paint on the back to seal it. No colors. It turns out like a Lithophane except the image is visible with a light behind it or without a light behind it. The two mirrors I posted has no light behind them.

Try it yourself with TTL, except invert the colors of the image first. More power will burn the image white on the front and the least or no power will stay silver and look black. You should be able to get similar results with DotG this way.  I found that mirrors with a white back coating works best for this process.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-10, 13:13 | Üzenet/Post # 117
komoly tag
Tweakie
Yes I did. Both ends of the tube have no air bubbles. Could it possible be that my water pump is to slow ??? I could see what the flow rate by measuring how fast the water is returning to the reservoir, but I don't know what I will need.
What do you think?
Thanks Jerry
2 minutes and 10 seconds to fill 1 gallon.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szombat, 2013-08-10, 14:45

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-10, 13:31 | Üzenet/Post # 118
alapvető tag
Jerry,

As long as you are getting a reasonable, visual, flow out of your 'return to reservoir' tube then that would be OK. If it is just a dribble then, I think, there would be cause for concern.

Tweakie.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-08-10, 19:05 | Üzenet/Post # 119
komoly tag
Tweakie
Here is a video of it making the mistake see it on the right side of the picture. http://youtu.be/peUg_nBm7OE
Thanks Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-08-10, 19:05)
---------------------------------------------
Tweakie
I am going to run this program to the end and see if it will tell me anything. I will post a picture of the picture and see if it will tell you anything. I see some things now that I did not see before. Could a mirror that is not real flat throw the laser beam around like that and change the intensity of the beam? The Amps and the H2O temp I have watched and seem to be no drastic change. I can see the color change when the beam moves X+ The burn seems to be darker ????
Thanks
Jerry

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-08-11, 10:34 | Üzenet/Post # 120
alapvető tag
Hi Jerry,

It is good to know that your cooling water temperature is remaining pretty stable.

In simple terms, if your mirrors get hot (which I doubt) then they are just not high enough quality.

The AR coating on the focus lens does generate a bit of heat.
Perhaps worth checking - If you are using a Plano/Convex lens then the convex side should face towards the tube and the flat side towards the work.

If your lens is getting too hot then it could possibly be the source of the distortion but this would not, I think, explain the cyclic nature of the distortion.

Idézet
I can see the color change when the beam moves X+ The burn seems to be darker ????

If the beam alignment is not correct then moving the X axis will place the centre of the beam at a slightly different position on the lens thus changing the focal point and in turn the power density at the surface of the work.

If it helps, Ray Scott’s article on beam alignment is here… http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/Manuals/BeamAlignment.html
It does not all relate to your particular laser machine but it is well worth reading.

Tweakie.

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 6 / 40«12456783940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016