Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 4 / 40«1234563940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-07-27, 21:11 | Üzenet/Post # 61
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Tweakie
That didn't do it. I reset to 1600 and it did okay for about an hour The light and dark at the start is me messing with the Pot. It seems to work better until something worms up, But I am not sure. John I set the steps/per for C to 10000 with my stepper drivers at 2000  what do I need to set C to if I change to 1600. I think I'll try a different computer and see if that will do something.

Thanks Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-07-27, 21:11)
---------------------------------------------
Tweakie
Just a quick note the computer isn't the problem.  A different computer the same waves.
Jerry
Csatolások/Attachments: 6182112.jpg(136Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-07-27, 23:27 | Üzenet/Post # 62
komoly tag
Tweakie I did a test program in Bob Cad to see how it would do to return to a spot. It did great! I don't understand what it is doing??? And I don't know what to fix.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 7397327.jpg(129Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szombat, 2013-07-27, 23:53

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-07-28, 00:36 | Üzenet/Post # 63
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Jerry,
Interesting test.  When your laser is firing in continuous mode(? - not pulsing on and off), it runs perfectly.  When pulsing rapidly (dithered photos), then you get sine curves in the image.  To me, this points to possible RF interference from the laser power supply/tube perhaps getting into your stepper driver electronic circuits.  Can you try a test with the stepper drivers separated farther away from the laser and its power supply?
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-29, 20:31 | Üzenet/Post # 64
komoly tag
John
I moved all the electrical gear for the steppers and the brake out board, out of the laser. It is now in a separate box and not even attached at this time . but it is doing some new stuff. Three questions #1: Horizontal lines start out at "0" and gradually move to about X -.1  and maintain ????It did the same thing twice. #2: Dog picture has a halo abound parts of the inside between the legs and right side of the tail, Horizontal. #3: Vertical, laser started loosing power on the cut ( maybe mirror alignment ) ??? It is not wavy like it was and I can see the picture now.

Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 4881412.jpg(55Kb) · 6094666.jpg(88Kb) · 9796904.jpg(104Kb) · 6942851.jpg(182Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-29, 21:32 | Üzenet/Post # 65
Fontos tag
Jerry, 
I'm not sure if this is progress or not, but there is a difference, leading me to still be suspect of some type of interference.  I'm not sure what to suggest next.  Do your drives have a cooling fan directed at them?  Do your steppers get too hot to touch?
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-07-30, 01:39 | Üzenet/Post # 66
komoly tag
Hi John
Its a lot better, I had the back off and the laser was exposed. I covered it and look now. Still something wrong but it is only on one side now (Between two lasered objects on white background). I checked the stepper drivers nice and cool , the stepper power supplies have  cooling fans built in. Y motor was not to bad, I could hold it, but X motor was real worm. I could hold it but a few more degrees would be no. I am still getting that halo effect I sped up the acceleration to 8 in Mach 3 and changed the speed in PEP4 to 80 inches/per min. It is not as big but it is still there. It only occurs on white background between two lasered objects and it seems to distort the picture in those areas. See close-up.

Jerry
PS: I think that laser messes with your cell phone. I got hung up on twice. But that could have been Verizon.

I'm doing something wrong

Hozzáadva (2013-07-30, 01:39)
John My attachments are not downloading I'll try it here
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 8200544.jpg(163Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Kedd, 2013-07-30, 01:40

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-07-30, 02:01 | Üzenet/Post # 67
Fontos tag
Jerry,
The last two images now look like your laser is not fully turning off when it should sometimes, thus causing the trailing "shadows."  I seem to remember you mentioning this issue in an earlier post.  I think this is not likely to be a Mach3 setting issue, but more likely something is problematic with your TTL laser control circuitry/controller.
John

I think you have been chasing more than one problem.  Moving the drivers seems to have helped, and allowed another issue to be more clearly seen.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Kedd, 2013-07-30, 02:14

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-07-30, 07:05 | Üzenet/Post # 68
alapvető tag
Hi Jerry,

It certainly seems to be an illusive problem, or as John has suggested a set of illusive problems. wacko

It is interesting that moving the electrical parts around has changed the results which suggests possible electrical noise pick-up to me.
Just out of curiosity, did you replace the Laser tubes negative return wire (from the tube to the ammeter and ammeter back to the PSU) with shielded cable (with the shield connected to GND only at the PSU end) ??

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-07-30, 15:50 | Üzenet/Post # 69
komoly tag
Tweakie
I did change the wire but I was unable to get the wire I wanted and used some that I had to insulate on the outside. I will change as soon as I find the right type. and I did see why to only ground at the end.
I'll try Ebay.
Thanks Jerry

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-07-30, 16:19 | Üzenet/Post # 70
alapvető tag
Hi Jerry,

I have no personal experience of this but information from other forums suggests that the 'halo' effect, you mentioned earlier, can be caused by smoke residue etc. on the tube output coupler, mirrors or the focus lens. Perhaps inspecting and if necessary cleaning these components ( isopropyl alcohol) and also checking their tightness / alignment may be beneficial.

Tweakie.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-07-31, 14:18 | Üzenet/Post # 71
komoly tag
Tweakie
This halo is only in areas that the background has been removed, in-between two lasered places. If the laser is moving horizontally the halo is on the right and left. If it is moving vertical it will be at the top and bottom. If There has been no background removed (white) areas there is no halo. If the background is only removed around the outside edge if will cut good. It is only in areas that have a white center (background removed) between two cut spaces. I have removed all my mirrors cleaned and reset. Reset my focus height  and it is still there. It does change with the angle of the cut somehow, I don't have it figured out but it seems to be more pronounced at right angles to the cut. I am going to try the butterfly again with this new program and see if it will leave the halo between the wings. This might be something I am doing or not doing when I make the program. I'll let you know.
Thanks Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2013-07-31, 14:27

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-07-31, 16:19 | Üzenet/Post # 72
alapvető tag
Jerry,

Are you using a rotary axis direction pin to switch your laser on / off. ??

That being the case, within Mach / Config / General Config make sure your Angular Properties boxes are unchecked.
If that makes no difference then within Mach / Config / Motor Tuning try increasing the Velocity and Acceleration for the particular rotary axis that you are using (save the settings after each change).

Tweakie.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-07-31, 19:16 | Üzenet/Post # 73
komoly tag
Tweakie
Well I got it completely and entirely messed up, so bad, that no one will be able to fix it. I un-checked the Angular Properties boxes, I completely re wired NO AMP GAUGE circuit. I tried changing Velocity and Acceleration From 50 to 150 Velocity and 1.5 to 7 Acceleration and In between, nothing has changed to the good, it is only worse. This is 4 circles 4 shades of gray and white center They are round in the program. also the bottom of the butterfly is suppose to be white between the wings. Pretty bad and getting worse. I am now quitting for the day and going to the Bowling Alley to take out my frustrations on other things that will not do what I want them to also. My Laser Power Supply is real close to 6 plug 110 v power strip I will try to move it tomorrow. ( I'll talk to you soon about the rotary pin axis thing. Is there another way to cycle the laser?)
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 7344504.jpg(36Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2013-07-31, 19:19

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-07-31, 22:05 | Üzenet/Post # 74
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Finally got my dual laser mounted on my servo router. Way to much power for the blended feedrate that I am able to get from this system to run at. I was able to engrave this one today using analog modulation at 110 IPM, but had to tame the power down to half of full. It was done on some Red Oak and the grains gave it a neat effect. The size was 7.3" X 5.3" and it took 48 minutes to engrave. Used PEP 4.2.1 at a .008" pixel resolution.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 1221400.jpg(140Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-07-31, 23:45 | Üzenet/Post # 75
alapvető tag
Jerry,

I have sent you an e-mail with suggestions and attached a GCode example for you to try.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-01, 03:09 | Üzenet/Post # 76
Fontos tag
Jeff,
I like. thumb
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-01, 03:34 | Üzenet/Post # 77
komoly tag
Thanks John,

It's not perfect and I'm working on getting better results. I could not use analog with my mini router on the Red Oak, but the dual 2.5W LD's has some real intense power to burn through it. By using the MA3 shaft encoder again on a 4th axis servo motor with a selectable PPR encoder, gives a way to set several different ratios for the power levels by changing the steps in motor tuning and still have the 256 steps needed for the 8-bit engravings.  up

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Csütörtök, 2013-08-01, 11:57

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-01, 21:06 | Üzenet/Post # 78
komoly tag
A little better. I still have some fine tuning to do. I engraved this one at .007" pixel resolution at 125 IPM using PEP ver. 77 with half laser power on the back of Birch Ply. It's 8.5" X 7" and it took 1 hour 10 minutes to engrave.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 6736431.jpg(103Kb) · 0994491.jpg(77Kb) · 6577280.jpg(63Kb) · 3483053.jpg(97Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-01, 21:41 | Üzenet/Post # 79
komoly tag
Tweakie

I almost bowl as good as I repair lasers but there both fun. Some strange things going on here, I'll try to explain. This might take a bit so bare with me. First I removed C and added an output on the same pin I ran the file you sent me with the butterfly and I still had the halo. Then I noticed an icon hidden on my desktop for Mach3 and it was labeled Mill. The one I was using was labeled Mach3 Mill, Both are Ver .062. I didn't see it after I changed to Ver. 062. So I tried it and The halo was gone. NOW. I changed back to use C and it ran good that file with M11P1 / M10P1 the butterfly??? it ran it .  I then tried a file I made as a test with 4 shades of gray in circles. There is a slight halo in the center (center has no background ) but I think it will be okay if I can figure out this new problem. I have a feeling it is somehow heat related as the programs start good and after a while start to deform. see pictures slight halo in center of circles and no halo in the butterfly.

Thanks Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-08-01, 21:41)
Jeff
Quick question
When you write this program is it done with out using the Pic Dither program? The encoder will do ? number of shades of gray from a color .JPG ?? I use that program with my router and Have had good outcomes.
WOW what a job.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 2984163.jpg(52Kb) · 6939576.jpg(48Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-08-01, 23:51 | Üzenet/Post # 80
komoly tag
Thanks Jerry,

Yes, I am using Picengrave Pro without dithering the image B&W first. It's processed from a color image like you do with a rotary engraving. My servo motor rotates the MA3 shaft encoder based on 256 depths of cut (shades) with that axis and sends a varied 0-5v to the analog modulated laser diode driver to vary the power.

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2013-08-02, 09:01

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 4 / 40«1234563940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016