Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 36 / 40«1234353637383940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-08, 15:25 | Üzenet/Post # 701
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Another Shapeoko analog engraving. Did this one on Poplar at 60IPM, .006" PR, 30% FRC @ 45 degrees. It's 7-1/4"X 4-3/4" in size.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 3901838.jpg(101Kb) · 1105118.jpg(80Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Szerda, 2014-10-08, 15:27

Doug Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-08, 21:58 | Üzenet/Post # 702
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Jeff, another excellent masterpiece.  Looks like you've got it tuned in well.

Jerry, the lacquer I have been using is from Home Depot.  It's Rust-Oleoum Gloss white lacquer spray can.  I spray a light coating just enough to get full coverage, let dry and then sand lightly (1st coat tends to raise grain), then apply another light coat.  I also find that the lacquered surface is slightly harder to burn.  For example, if I burn wood at 80 ipm, then need to reduce to 65-70 ipm for the lacquered surface (assume all other settings same).  Play with it, have fun.  Hope this helps.  Oh, as a side note, don't apply a lacquer seal coat to the finished work.  It melts the undercoat and blends together destroying a lot of the detail.  Messed up a great 3.5 hr burn today.  Experience best teacher per Jeff.

Doug

Doug Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-10, 23:19 | Üzenet/Post # 703
ismerkedő tag
A little more testing on paint and lacquer.  For me, I've determined that I that I prefer lacquer to paint.  First it is fast drying.  Second, it does not smudge without seal coat.  Actual burn results were fairly close.  Slightly less smell with lacquer.  Did same file in lacquer and paint.  On lacquer 1 had a lost steps problem which occurred on rapid 0 to -0.0255" movements.  Changed stepper and appears to have corrected problem.  Paint 1 is same file as lacquer 1.  On the paint I touched the burn and it smudged, so applied a seal coat.  Lacquer 2 is a small church which we attend.  For all three, the res is 0.005".  Had been using 0.006", however the lines were visible.

Csatolások/Attachments: 6341943.jpg(97Kb) · 0824293.jpg(98Kb) · 6495017.jpg(80Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-10-11, 00:34 | Üzenet/Post # 704
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
OK Doug,
Come clean now.  Admit you're using a Kodak Brownie. biggrin

Very nicely done.  They really do look like old Kodak B&W photos.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Doug Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-10-11, 01:04 | Üzenet/Post # 705
ismerkedő tag
Thanks John.  Did at one time have a Kodak Brownie - but, thanks to PEP, they are the real thing.  Must admit that they actually look better than the photos.  I like the effect of lacquer as an alternate to plain wood.  Just adds to the fun part.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-10-11, 23:36 | Üzenet/Post # 706
komoly tag
Idézet Doug ()
Jeff, another excellent masterpiece.

Sorry for a late reply Doug, but thank you. Your not doing to bad yourself. I should fire up the mini and try some Lacquer also.  cool

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-10-12, 19:47 | Üzenet/Post # 707
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Doug
Did you do the Church Horizontal or 45 deg. ? (by the way it's outstanding) I am doing a lighthouse with 45 Deg. at .005 pixel resolution and I am seeing random spaces the picture. I don't think it is skipped lines but I don't know. I don't remember seeing them when I do things in horizontal but this is my first attempt with the white lacquer. I am going to try one with the lacquer horizontal and see if they go away. It might be that the white paint is showing little imperfections I didn't see before or my machine doesn't like to do 45 deg. I'll show it later when it is out of the machine and I can stand back and look.
Thanks Jerry

Hozzáadva (2014-10-12, 19:47)
---------------------------------------------
cry Hi All
I have been trying to figure out what this is doing and has me stumped. I am going to try to explain. Mach3 can not run above 10,000.000 lines and the file I am running has 14,000,000 so I divided it in half. I ran the first half yesterday and it has lines as described above. I am running the second half today and it is as clear as can be.(NO lines). At a close look, I am pretty sure it is not skipping lines, it is changing intensity on the burn. The lines seem to be darker on one line pass and somewhere along the next line pass is lighter. The picture is good but it has light lines in it. Today is good so far?,?,?.
What do you think?
Thanks
Jerry

Doug Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-10-12, 23:23 | Üzenet/Post # 708
ismerkedő tag
Jerry,
I normally run either horizontal or vertical, whichever is cross grain.  I do this both on bare wood or lacquer.  Have ran 45 deg, however did not see much difference than running cross grain.  From your description, it does not sound like you are missing steps.  When I was having problem with missing steps it was quite noticeable; as with the photo in the earlier post.  You can check by A axis (encoder) or C back to "0" and checking if amps/voltage values same as started.  Could you take a photo of the work and post?  Is your lacquer coverage heavy or light?  Don't think this would be source of your line problem as you noted it was on first burn and not second half.  I just try to get full, even coverage.
Doug

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-15, 18:30 | Üzenet/Post # 709
komoly tag
I found something you might hurt Causing this problem with the lines in my pictures. I do not know why it would be in the 45 deg. and not in the horizon. Maybe it just does not show up as much. The lines seem to be Slightly different shades and I thought the encoder might be doing something goofy. So I turned down the velocity and acceleration by 50% in Mach3 and things look a lot better. I think Z axis was skipping lines?,?,?. I do not know what the settings but I sanded down Should Be the Light House and am going to try again at These new settings. The no lines I was getting started on the second day to get patches with lines so I needed to try something else. Hope this will work
First one with white Lacquer. 3D 5.8 in deep, 30 x 32 ', two separate programs pep4 compensation for laser focus. 60 ipm, horizontal (still can not get 45deg. To Work), .005 "PR, frame not done yet and no seal coat. Poplar wood. Thanks Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 8777046.jpg(68Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-10-15, 20:05

Doug Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-15, 21:39 | Üzenet/Post # 710
ismerkedő tag
Jerry,  did lowering velocity and acceleration solve the line skip?  Last week I was having problems with lost steps with the encoder "A" axis.  Most burns would run fine, then when the burn contained a lots of large "A" movements rapid it would lose steps.  I kept my X, Y, and Z velocity and acceleration the same but lowered the acceleration of "A" until it no longer lost steps.  All appears working well now.

Today continued my testing (actually learning) with the below.  Took a birch ply board, sprayed the right half with white lacquer.  I started out using settings that had burned well on maple.  Birch burned easier and was darker (lower left).  Burned the lacquer (lower right) with same file as lower left.  Still a little dark.  Edited the photo in PEP to brighten and increased speed from 80 ipm to 90 ipm.  The top left still too dark and would need some photoshop work on photo.  The top right lacquer is not looking too bad.  Closer to the original photo (top) that I scanned.

The photo is another vintage one from early childhood.  One of those rare heavy snow days in Georgia.

Hope y'all don't mind my learning photos.  Thought others might benefit form my mistakes.

Csatolások/Attachments: 9728479.jpg(155Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-10-16, 02:30 | Üzenet/Post # 711
komoly tag
Doug
I would say it is a lot better but it still isn't right. I had a restart and it seemed to do something to Z Axis. I am running that lighthouse on a flat piece of Poplar With White Lacquer and after the restart  I started seeing burn marks on the white areas . I reset my Z to zero and it is looking good. I don't know for how long. I am running it at 45 Deg. I will probably have 3 more restarts but I will re-zero first. The file size is over 14 million lines so I had to make 2 files for Mach3. It's running right now but I won't know if it's a keeper for a couple of more days. 60 IPM is slow, slow, slow.
     I don't know rare snow days, we'll soon be having rare non-snow days. Montana is cool. Daaah.
     Any thing you can engrave that comes out good is an alright picture. And in my early childhood we only had black and white and if you wanted color it was bark red and light red, also it was a month to see if your picture came out.
Thanks
Jerry
Jeff
Could you tell me what your Acceleration and Velocity are set at for the Encoder?
Thanks Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-10-16, 12:26 | Üzenet/Post # 712
komoly tag
Hi Jerry,

Each one of our machines are different, so there is no really any rule for these settings and is really machine specific. The mini's accels for all three axis's are 70 and Vel. is 80. On the servo machine all three axis's accels are 125 and Vel. 250. I found if you can get your steps per lower, your accels and Vel. can increase without loosing position/steps. 

The Shapeoko accels are 1100 mm/sec^2 (43.30 in/s2 ) on all three and Vel. 2540 max rate, mm/min (100IPM) 

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-10-16, 18:25 | Üzenet/Post # 713
komoly tag
I think I 'm going again. At least for now.
I put my Velocity and Acceleration back and changed Step pulse and Drive Pulse back to 10 instead of 2. Someone told me to do that a long time ago but this is the third computer on that machine and it must of slipped through the crack. It does seem to be working good now I'll lit you know when it finishes this light-house for the third time. By the way it does skip lines on horizontal but it isn't as noticeable.
Thanks
Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-17, 00:15 | Üzenet/Post # 714
komoly tag
Wow, Jerry and Doug,

Both of you guys are creating masterpieces.  respect

Been side tracked and real busy the last few days writing instructions on how our Shapeoko build was constructed on instructables. We just posted it a couple of hours ago and we are Featured already.   prof biggrin  

http://www.instructables.com/tag....EATURED

http://www.instructables.com/id....er-Phot

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-17, 04:23 | Üzenet/Post # 715
Fontos tag
Nicely done Jeff. hands
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-17, 04:50 | Üzenet/Post # 716
komoly tag
Thanks John,

Don't forget to vote.  help

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-22, 23:24 | Üzenet/Post # 717
komoly tag

Another Attempt with white lacquer. 3D, Deep .625, IPM 64, .005 Pixel Resolution, Poplar Wood, Lower 3rd axis depth -.009, Horizontal 17 X 26 In. Yet no frame and not painted.
Thanks Jerry
Csatolások/Attachments: 0145735.jpg(115Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-10-22, 23:29

Doug Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-24, 14:41 | Üzenet/Post # 718
ismerkedő tag
Jerry, looking good.  Great work.  Got to give poplar wood a try.  Have used for my 3d router work, but not for laser.  Always a pleasure to see your accomplishments.
Doug

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-10-25, 02:48 | Üzenet/Post # 719
Fontos tag
Jerry,
You deserve a Blue Ribbon, lots of them.
John

Tp Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-29, 20:08 | Üzenet/Post # 720
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 19
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Hello, brand new to the forum...I have just recently purchased Picengrave Plus just been practicing TTl. I have read all the forums (on this site and all the others) through the formative-years of laser engraving as developed by Jeff and John. My name is Tony I go by tp for short from Joplin, Mo.

Hozzáadva (2014-10-29, 20:08)
---------------------------------------------
This is a picture of a Watt Disney artclip I did before I bought the program
Uh! I used a .008 PR and 30ipm max z .0255....

I know from reading on the forum that there is wealth of experience here
I am hoping you will share that with me

open for any kind of advice you care to give
thank
tp

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 36 / 40«1234353637383940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016