Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 35 / 40«1233343536373940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-09-11, 22:24 | Üzenet/Post # 681
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Those came out fantastic Doug,

There is so many subject matters to choose from to engrave images and the list is endless. Thanks for sharing. This makes me want to dig out some of my old photos to engrave with. 

That's interesting what you found out about not merging layers and skipped steps. In Corel Photo Paint it always asks if I want to merge the layers when I save the file and I always selected yes, so I never came across that problem. Thanks for that information as it will help all of us here if they run into that same issue them self.

Jerry,

You sure have allot of talent and allot of patience with those large projects. 15 million lines of code? Whoa! 

I'm glad to hear your back on track trying the encoder again.   

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-09-12, 19:21 | Üzenet/Post # 682
komoly tag
I dug out this photo I had taken at the 2007 Porsche Rennsport Reunion (Daytona Speedway) of Bjorn Waldegard. I was part of the team that restored the 1971 Porsche 911 S/T car he drove in the 1971 East African Safari Rally Race. 36 years later, he dove the car again around the Daytona Speedway track.

After doing a little research on the net, I had discovered he passed away on August 29th.

http://www.eastafricansafarirally.com/bjorn-waldegard-safari-legend/

Rest In Peace Bjorn.

I used PEL, PLL and PS on the Shapeoko with the analog modulation on this one and TTL modulation on the one down below.

Jeff

http://www.eastafricansafarirally.com/photos-video/
Csatolások/Attachments: 3910657.jpg(74Kb) · 4689947.jpg(126Kb) · 4367864.jpg(124Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2014-09-12, 22:47

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-09-15, 16:16 | Üzenet/Post # 683
komoly tag
I'm really starting to get the settings fine tuned on the Shapeoko and I did this one today using PicLaser Lite and PicSender. I ran it at 65IPM, .005" PR, vertical across the grains on Poplar.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 1852310.jpg(115Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-09-15, 16:25 | Üzenet/Post # 684
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Absolutely excellent work Jeff.  respect

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-09-15, 20:31 | Üzenet/Post # 685
komoly tag
Thank you Tweakie,

For quite some time, I did not think this was even possible with an Arduino controlled CNC machine, until John proved me wrong. I know I could not have came this far with this laser engraving process if it wasn't for his programming talents and skills. Thank you too John.  respect   

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-09-16, 01:15 | Üzenet/Post # 686
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Thanks Jeff,
But you really give yourself far too little credit. yes
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-09-20, 20:58 | Üzenet/Post # 687
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1

I finally FINISHED  the Pelican it is almost life-size  the frame is 30 X 30 inches 14,000,000 lines of code divided in half for Mach 3. The cut depth is 0.625 inches and the diode only has a bit over 0.25 inches in focus. It took 3 Z level burns to complete at over 24 hours a burn. That's 6 days my laser was running. I ran the resolution at 0.0050, speed 60 IPM and Horizontal. The Z adjustment made me a little apprehensive after two days on the first level but it came out okay. I didn't see any over burn.  Had a little hiccup with BobCad on the cut but PEP worked beautiful on the burn (thank you John). By the way the cut took 2 days.
Oh Jeff, That's Marilyn Monroe. What a good job! Now try her in 3D, life size.
Jerry

(That's over 9 days with the frame at 65 an hr. ha,ha it's a good thing this is fun)
Csatolások/Attachments: 0617074.jpg(180Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szombat, 2014-09-20, 21:00

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-09-21, 13:20 | Üzenet/Post # 688
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Jerry,
You have the "patience of Job."

Congratulations on this wonderful example of your artistic excellence, and for increasing the art of laser engraving.  respect

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Doug Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-09-27, 14:12 | Üzenet/Post # 689
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Good morning all,

First let me give a big "well done" to the new designed PicEngrave.com website.  Jeff (and his son, Jeff) and John did a great job.

The photo is my first attempt at laser engraving on a material other than plain wood.  Jeff uses a white wash stain, however I only had a rattle can of white paint.  Not up to Jeff's work, but I'm having fun.  Ran this at 70 ipm, 0.006" res, 35% FRC, horzonial.  Size is 10x6.67".  Will get some white wash pickling stain next week and compare the difference.

Doug
Csatolások/Attachments: 4783278.jpg(149Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Doug - Szombat, 2014-09-27, 14:15

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-09-27, 14:57 | Üzenet/Post # 690
komoly tag
Wow !!! Doug
That's Beautiful
I want to here more about this White Wash? What's under the paint?
Thanks Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-09-27, 16:19 | Üzenet/Post # 691
komoly tag
Thank you Doug,

Your white paint engraving came out very good with outstanding detail. I see some vertical lines running through the image. Was those in the surface you painted and they transferred through the paint? It doesn't look like they were caused by the Laser Diode.

Jeff

Doug Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-09-27, 16:46 | Üzenet/Post # 692
ismerkedő tag
Jerry,  the ply under the white paint is maple.  Normally use birch, but I'm out at this time.  The white paint was full coverage with not wood grain show through.

Jeff, noticed those also.  They are actually more pronounced in the photo than the engraving. Guess it could be surface marks in the wood, most likely from the planner. Not sure without some testing.  Any suggestions welcome.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-10-01, 16:33 | Üzenet/Post # 693
komoly tag
I again did not think I could get as good of results with an Arduino, grbl and a belt drive Shapeoko as Mach3 on the mini or servo, but I finally got my settings very fine tuned now and here is the results.

My settings in PEP were .006" PR, 45 degree, 60IPM and 20% FRC on Birch Ply.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 4644295.jpg(392Kb) · 0424911.jpg(358Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-10-02, 22:11 | Üzenet/Post # 694
komoly tag
Jeff
That's outstanding !!! How big is it?
Jerry

Doug Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-10-02, 22:40 | Üzenet/Post # 695
ismerkedő tag
Jeff, great work!  Always a pleasure to see your handy work.

Today while I was working in the yard I ran a couple of tests just to see difference between plain wood and a white lacquer surface.  If doing to keep certainly could fine tune for clearer res, etc. but this was for comparison testing only.  Thought it might be of interest.  Both files are 75 ipm, 0.006" res, horz across grain, 30% FRC.  Wood is 1/4" maple ply with mdf core.  Size is 6.67"x10".  Sprayed light coat, just enough to lightly cover, of white lacquer (from Home Depot @ $3.77 a can).  Grain is pretty pronounced in wood burn and slightly showing in the sprayed piece.  From the results, could probably increase to 80 ipm for the wood to lighten slightly and increase the FRC on the sprayed to darken.

Csatolások/Attachments: 3286684.jpg(32Kb) · 8093743.jpg(29Kb) · 4017784.jpg(40Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-10-02, 23:01 | Üzenet/Post # 696
komoly tag
Thanks Jerry,

It's not big like your projects are. The size is 9" X 7-1/4". 

Thank you too Doug. The white paint sure brings out the 8bit shading, but both came out excellent. I'm having a hard time keeping up with you now, that's for sure. Are you having fun yet?   biggrin

The white Red Devil paint at Family Dollar is only a buck. I have not tried on wood yet, but it works real good on aluminum then engraved. Maybe I need to try it on some wood with the Shapeoko, except it does not have any fume extraction yet. sad

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Csütörtök, 2014-10-02, 23:02

Doug Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-03, 02:50 | Üzenet/Post # 697
ismerkedő tag
I've tried white spray paint on wood and the white lacquer.  Fumes/smell from the paint were overpowering.  There is very little fumes/smell from the lacquer in comparison.  Note was only using light coat.  Probably more fumes/smell with heavy coat.  Also with the heavier white paint I got some tendency to rub off and applied a coat of satin lacquer to seal.  Got to give the lacquer and Red Devil a try on aluminum.  Jeff, am I correct that on aluminum a heavier coat is required?

And yes, I'm having fun.

Footnote - the house shown in the photos is the house which both my father and I was born in.  Except then it was an old unpainted farm house.  Been remodeled over the years.  My dad still lives in it.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-10-03, 15:06 | Üzenet/Post # 698
komoly tag
Not necessarily Doug. It just needs to be an even completely covered coat. I spray from all fours sides one time each to ensure it's even.

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2014-10-03, 15:33

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-10-07, 00:27 | Üzenet/Post # 699
komoly tag
Doug or Jeff
I am getting ready to try the lacquer trick on Poplar and I would like to know a little more about the paint?  Just use a spray can of white Lacquer?  Gloss, Flat of Semi-Gloss?  Cover Good 4 ways? I think I figured out a way to get the 3D depth to work with the Diode a little easier than it did with the Pelican. I hope! I'll let you see if it works.
Thanks Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-10-07, 03:22 | Üzenet/Post # 700
komoly tag
Jerry,

I used white Red Devil gloss enamel on aluminum, but used MINWAX white wash pickling stain on wood. Applied evenly with a brush and it worked pretty good.

Jeff

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 35 / 40«1233343536373940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016