Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 34 / 40«1232333435363940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-08-08, 07:46 | Üzenet/Post # 661
alapvető tag
That's great news John ok

Wishing you all (John, Jeff & Son) every success in this new venture, which I am sure will take off very well indeed.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-08-08, 10:50 | Üzenet/Post # 662
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Thanks John for your very nice announcement of our venture together.

Thank you too Tweakie.

We have some new software ideas that we are all working together on and my son has been designing a new web site for all our Pic products. 

Jeff 

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Doug Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-08-09, 22:13 | Üzenet/Post # 663
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Congratulations!!  Y'all will make a great team.  Congratulations!!

Had a photo I took of my mom on 4th of July, my dad's birthday; both 91.  Not the greatest quality photo and I'm no expert in photoshop and did not take a lot of time to adjustments/cleanup.  Made some adjustments then sharpened 10 in PEP and let it run.  Think have my laser about as close tuned in as I can expect and now focusing on photo requirement/looks for good burn.  This is not the best, however was pleased with the initial test result.  Burned at 80 ipm, 0.006" PR, horz across grain, 30% FRC, about 7.5" wide by 7" high, birch ply.

Csatolások/Attachments: 7621805.jpg(130Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-08-09, 23:01 | Üzenet/Post # 664
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Congratulations To you all, you-all. I'll be keeping an eye on what you are putting together. and thanks for all the help
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-08-10, 23:31 | Üzenet/Post # 665
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Tweakie,
Thank you for your kind words.  I am excited to be able to work more closely with Jeff and his son.

Doug,
You really have that tuned in well.  I know your mom was very pleased with your work.  Excellent. respect

Jerry,
Thanks for your well wishes.  Keeping up with Jeff has always been a little challenging for me, and now even more so with his son added in.  smile

They are really good associates to have.  I only wish they lived closer than 5 hours to me.  I would learn a lot more, I'm sure.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Vasárnap, 2014-08-10, 23:34

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-08-11, 17:01 | Üzenet/Post # 666
komoly tag
Thanks guys for the great big congrats. 

Doug, I'm still struggling to catch up with you. I needed to get my accels up higher then 70 without loosing steps, so I ordered a longer and higher in/oz nema 17 for the Z axis. It would have been a bigger project to change over to a nema 23. It should be here today and I will be up and running again soon.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Doug Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-08-12, 00:08 | Üzenet/Post # 667
ismerkedő tag
Jeff, don't know how important the 4th axis is to you on your mini.  As you know, I originally setup my machine to your proven design.  However with the higher power diode I was having major problems with burn quality.  Think you noted same with your change to a different diode.  My control box that holds the LD and other electronics is rather large and I thought that it could be part of the problem with the rapid Z movements.  As I had no immediate plans to use 4th axis for rotary, easiest change was to move encoder to 4th using a nema 23 (same 23 as on X and Y).  Left the 2:1 pulleys  on Z and adjusted steps to get 1:1 measurement.  Once set Z to zero, it does not move during engraving.  With my steps/inch I have all axis (X, Y, Z, A) set at 85 accel without losing steps.  Velocity is at 105.  Could go higher on X and Y but limited on A due to steps/inch.   It was quick and easy to do this change.  Whenever I decide to do the rotary, then will do the 17 to 23 mod on Z but don't expect anytime soon.  I also have found using the simple led probe I made a quick and easy way to set Z zero.

Post a photo of your conversion when you complete it.  Interested to see your new setup.

PEP is great now -  wonder what great works to follow with the John / Jeff and Jeff team.

Doug

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-08-12, 02:16 | Üzenet/Post # 668
komoly tag
Doug,

The 4th axis is very important for the mini and I will never change the way it is. I plan on engraving on some round stock on it in the near future. I have another machine coming and plan to mount the encoder on it the same way. It's an Arduino UNO controlled 3 axis machine.

I'm very happy with how the encoder performs mounted to the Z axis. It just made a worlds record for the longest lasting analog modulated laser diode photo engraving machine to date.  I should call Guinness. laugh

Yes, I ran into some issues with higher speeds and power, but I can ensure you, it will be resolved soon.

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2014-08-12, 11:08

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-08-12, 18:15 | Üzenet/Post # 669
komoly tag
Finally. 75IPM, 30% FRC, .006" PR, vertical across grains, no gamma and sharpen to 20. Accels on all three axis's are set to 90 now. The line going across the top is a seam in the Birch Ply.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 0127286.jpg(102Kb)

Doug Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-08-12, 21:33 | Üzenet/Post # 670
ismerkedő tag
Absolutely great!

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-08-12, 22:23 | Üzenet/Post # 671
komoly tag
Thanks Doug,

I'm on a roll and I felt this one was needed. 80IPM, 25% FRC, .006" PR, no gamma change, sharpened to 12, 45 degree left and full power.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 1514621.jpg(99Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-08-13, 01:11 | Üzenet/Post # 672
Fontos tag
Jeff,
What a great tribute to one of the best comedians I ever watched and enjoyed.  So sad.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-08-15, 02:36 | Üzenet/Post # 673
komoly tag
Well I finely got my web page almost done, now what do I do with it?
Here is my latest achievement, I am running a little faster now and I finely have a handle on Pixel Resolution. This one is at 90 IPM and .007 pixel resolution and 35% feed rate change. I painted this with investable light It is 30 inches X 23 inches. By the way this is where I live and they finely got the street paved.
Thanks Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 5110608.jpg(134Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-08-15, 10:23 | Üzenet/Post # 674
Fontos tag
As always Jerry, your work is excellent.  hands

I hope you don't mind, but I am posting the link to your web site so all can see it.
http://www.oldcharms.com/

John

Doug Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-08-18, 21:30 | Üzenet/Post # 675
ismerkedő tag
Jeff/John,  ran the Jimmy Stewart pic today.  Ran 4 hrs without any lost steps.  Reviewed the code for the file noted in my email.  All appears well, however when I run it the 'A' stepper loses steps.  Got a ghost somewhere.  Just going to discard as can not duplicate with other photos.  Only thing change in the Jimmy Stewart was I ran at 80 ipm instead of 75.
Csatolások/Attachments: 6434438.jpg(344Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-08-18, 23:01 | Üzenet/Post # 676
komoly tag
WOW Doug,

that came out excellent and you squeaked by me 5 IPM faster too.   respect  

Jeff

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-08-19, 09:13 | Üzenet/Post # 677
alapvető tag
Ditto what Jeff has said - excellent work Doug ok

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-09-05, 23:15 | Üzenet/Post # 678
komoly tag
Just finishing up another build. This time a Shapeoko 2, Arduino UNO R3, grbl shield with a 9MM Nichia, MA3 encoder and a Flexmod P3. I used PicEdit Lite, PicLaser Lite and PicSender to engrave this image. I have allot of fine tuning still to do, but it's progressing.

Check out our new web site.

www.picengrave.com

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 9712390.jpg(101Kb) · 7735538.jpg(77Kb) · 0396113.jpg(99Kb)

Doug Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-09-10, 23:38 | Üzenet/Post # 679
ismerkedő tag
Jeff, Great work as always.  Been wondering what you were up to.  Today I think I discovered a solution to one of my problems.  If you recall, recently I had a file that the stepper A-axis stepper would lose steps when I ran it.  Then I would run a different file and all would run well without any step lost.  Today was doing a scan test photo and the lost step problem came back.  Think have found my problem.  I scanned the photo, did some minor editing in Photoshop CS6 with adjustment layers, then saved as .jpg file.  Loaded into PEP (sharpened, etc.) and generated g-code.  A-axis stepper lost steps.  Reduced acceleration but did not solve problem.  I then went back to Photoshop and loaded photo, then merged the layers prior to saving the .jpg.  Then to PEP for processing.  Ran 3.5 hours without any lost steps.  Must be something with saving a photo from Photoshop without merging layers that PEP does not like.

BTW, that little type on the right is me, 71 years ago.  The little cute gal on the left with the knobby knees is my bride.

Doug

Csatolások/Attachments: 0370465.jpg(92Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-09-11, 20:19 | Üzenet/Post # 680
komoly tag
The Pelican is on scrap popular wood and I had a little oops with Mach3. The file was 15 + million lines and it ran out of memory in at Mach 13 + million. Its 30 X 30 inches at .005 resolution at 60 IPM, Took two days to burn. I'm burning it 3D now hope it works. John let me know how to fix it and it's perfect thank you John. It did not miss a line. Might have wormed up the machine before I started there was a Slightly lighter area at the start but no one would know if I did not show it. Oh Jeff, I'm starting to get your encoder figured out. I'm going to do this 3D one with the Diode and not the CO2 it will be the first.
Thanks again
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 4191053.jpg(216Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Csütörtök, 2014-09-11, 20:31

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 34 / 40«1232333435363940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016