Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 32 / 40«1230313233343940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 00:54 | Üzenet/Post # 621
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Mike,
PicEngrave Pro does not directly support GRBL with the current version.  Some minor manual editing of the gcode will be necessary, and GRBL will need to be set up to work with a method of laser control supported by the Z axis, such as the analog DAC method we use with Mach3.

GRBL support may be added to PEP in a future update, but this is not a firm decision at this time.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

madmike8 Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 01:54 | Üzenet/Post # 622
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 7
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
What I hope to do is hack Marlin to support Picengrave. I was wondering if picengrave supported spindle speed as a way to control the laser.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 02:50 | Üzenet/Post # 623
Fontos tag
Mike,
PEP does not support spindle speed for engraving.  And, my apology, but it is not being considered for any future update.  I have looked into it, and the amount of coding changes required would be more extensive than time permits at this time.  This is not to say that at some future date spindle speed will not be supported.

PicLaser Lite, however, does support spindle speed for laser engraving.  A custom version of PLL is being siupplied as part of the Kichstarter project, The LazerBlade (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1537608281/lazerblade-the-affordable-laser-cutter-engraver), and the LB will use spindle speed for laser intensity control. I hope to be re-releasing the standard version of PLL soon.
John

madmike8 Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 04:59 | Üzenet/Post # 624
nézelődő tag
Hmm, I guess PLL is probably where I need to start.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-06-22, 07:42 | Üzenet/Post # 625
alapvető tag
Hi Madmike,

Welcome to the forum.
I am certain you will not be disappointed with PLL. John has worked long and hard on this software and the back-up service he provides through this forum is second to none.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-06-22, 14:08 | Üzenet/Post # 626
Fontos tag
Thank you very much Tweakie.  Much appreciated.

Mike, please contact me off list via email (picengrave AT verizon DOT net).

John

madmike8 Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-06-24, 16:47 | Üzenet/Post # 627
nézelődő tag
Hey John, I will shoot you off an email today. I've been trying to catch up on a lot of reading/learning on the forums.

I'm still wrapping my head around all of this. I downloaded your demo today, and it looks good. I just realized that it supported spindle engraving too. LOL. I'll have to try that with my Shapeoko!

I think I'm still about two months out before I have a working Laser CNC setup. Busy time of year for me.

Tweakie, thanks for the Welcome. I'm already sold on John's software, and from the looks of it I'll probably be getting both. LOL

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-28, 14:00 | Üzenet/Post # 628
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Just finished another wedding gift. PEP is great. CO2 laser, 21 X 25, 35% feed Rate Change, 70 ipm., Analog, Pix. Res. 0.01, Ver.4.2.6, Poplar + Barn wood.

Thanks Jerry
Csatolások/Attachments: 1143610.jpg(209Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-28, 15:18 | Üzenet/Post # 629
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
As always, excellent work Jerry.  respect

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-06-29, 10:23 | Üzenet/Post # 630
Fontos tag
Jerry,
You are a true artist.  I hope other members here get an opportunity to view your work on your web site soon. hands
John

Doug Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-07-14, 17:36 | Üzenet/Post # 631
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Been taking a break from the "laser".  I was having a hard time (mostly due to lack of experience) getting the quality desired.  Mostly coming out too dark with about 1.9 amp max value.  I have encoder setup on 4th "A" axis.  Tried reducing max value in PicEngrave and also changing steps to reduce power.  Still had a problem (again still in the learning curve).  Today I reset the FlexMod to 1.4 amp max at 5 volts.  Relatively simple process with the encoder/A axis setup.  Did a test burn this morning with a black/white photo from the web.  No adjustments to photo were made.  PicEngrave settings were 0.006 res, -0.0255" max depth, 0.0" min,  A-axis "0" at 0.003", 45 degree.  Speeds varied from initial 70 ipm to 90 ipm.  Wood was birch plywood.  Getting closer.

Csatolások/Attachments: 6071426.jpg(8Kb) · 3844069.jpg(71Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-07-14, 19:34 | Üzenet/Post # 632
Fontos tag
Doug,
I think the .006" pixel res may be causing extra darkening.  Try .0075" as a min. PR and see if it helps without changing anything else.

John

Doug Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-07-14, 23:19 | Üzenet/Post # 633
ismerkedő tag
Ran these at .0075" and also couple at .009" PR at several feed rates.  Not the best photo, but here tis.

Csatolások/Attachments: 5244570.jpg(96Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-07-15, 02:35 | Üzenet/Post # 634
Fontos tag
Hi Doug,
Good going.  The only way to get tuned in is to burn wood.

From the images it appears you are close, but the size of the images may now be a limiting factor.  Smaller images just do not engrave as well as the same image in a larger size.  There just isn't enough detail in small images, especially when the majority of the image's pixels fall in the middle gray shades.

And the wood is also "biased" against small images.  For example, if you were to burn, say, three pixel is a row, all with the same feed rate and laser settings, chances are the three will not burn identically.  One, maybe two, will lighter or darker than the other.

I'm not sure this is a good description.  It's difficult to describe the effect with words.  Maybe Jeff can elaborate more.

Try the same image in a larger size when you get time and see if it does better.

John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-07-15, 11:33 | Üzenet/Post # 635
komoly tag
Doug,

I agree that small engravings will not give the same results as larger ones, but I also want to say, satisfaction of the results will be in the eye of the artist creating the engraving.  yes

What settings, photo editing and the opinion of the results may work for us on our machine but may be different then what someone else believes or views with there own eyes done on there own machine. Example is, I noticed you did not adjust gamma or sharpen the image at all and that would not work for us as how we would view the final engravings results to be satisfied with them.

With that being said, I can only suggest as John stated "The only way to get tuned in is to burn wood" Do that until YOU are happy with the results. No one else's opinion should matter.

Jeff 

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Doug Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-07-15, 13:07 | Üzenet/Post # 636
ismerkedő tag
Thanks for the comments.  Always welcome.  Was aware of limitations of small images.  Main reason used the small image was initial testing and "total time of burn".  Much faster to "ball park" then go to larger image.  Also noticed that wood being wood that same image burns slightly different depending on position.  Now that I have reduced power to 1.4 amp max, still running at 80-90 ipm, I think I have better control.  Agree, 'Burn, burn, burn, ............."

Doug Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-07-18, 16:57 | Üzenet/Post # 637
ismerkedő tag
Been playing around.  Changed the diode lens back to original and refocused.  Burn line measures in the 0.004"+ range. This morning burned photo of my dad on his 91st birthday.  Settings for this burn was 60 ipm, 0.006" res, vertical.  Sharpen 10 in PicEngrave.  Wood is 0.25" maple melamine.

Csatolások/Attachments: 1096146.jpg(102Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-07-18, 17:01 | Üzenet/Post # 638
alapvető tag
Excellent work Doug respect

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-07-18, 17:15 | Üzenet/Post # 639
komoly tag
WOW!!

You really have it tuned in now Doug! It really makes a difference getting the beam focused down small and keeping the Pixel resolution to a minimum. The detail sure stands out on your latest and it looks so photo realistic.

hands hands hands

Oh ho, your catching up to me.  yes

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-07-19, 11:42 | Üzenet/Post # 640
Fontos tag
Doug,
Absolutely outstanding.  I know your dad and your family will be pleased to see this new family heirloom.  You should be very proud of this engraving. yes

Where did you buy the maple melamine?  It looks like a good wood to use.

John

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 32 / 40«1230313233343940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016