Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 27 / 40«1225262728293940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-03-31, 00:57 | Üzenet/Post # 521
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Nicely done, Jeff.
Looks like you and Jr. have RS dialed in PDG now.
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-03-31, 06:18 | Üzenet/Post # 522
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Jeff and John
Jeff
That's Great Work!
And thanks for all the help to you and John and the positive input.
'll be out of the laser for a while. My compressor spit out a bunch of little balls. jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-04, 14:27 | Üzenet/Post # 523
Fontos tag
Idézet JJWMACHINECO ()
Did this one yesterday for a friend of mine and it's the 3D L&H I did before, but it was done on Poplar this time.

Jeff

Well, My wife and I had the pleasure of finally meeting Jeff and his delightful wife, Helen, yesterday when they stopped by our home on their way back to their home from a trip to South Florida. He surprised me with his gracious gift of the Laural and Hardy engraving he recently did (post 520). He also gave me the engraving he did (post #488) of the dragon. Both of these engravings have to be personally held and seen to fully appreciate them; the posted pictures do not fully convey how unique they really are. They will always be displayed treasures in my home.

From our brief time together yesterday and some hints Jeff made, I am sure that this forum may soon see another unique, and first time, engraving project posted by Jeff.

Our visit together was all too short for a first meeting, but he and his wife still had a long journey home ahead of them pulling a trailer with two large diesel boat engines on it.

Jeff and Helen, thank you very much for your visit and gifts. My wife and I appreciate you taking time from your long road trip to go out of your way and stop by for a visit. I am eagerly anticipating our next visit together, but at your home and shop so I can see more of the widely diversified projects you are working on.

John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-04, 19:57 | Üzenet/Post # 524
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Thanks Jerry,

Sorry it took sooo long to respond. As John explained, we have been out of town.

John, it sure was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife and I wish we could have stayed longer! I was very impressed with the different machines you have built, but I don't think my wife knew exactly what she was looking at. biggrin  

She sure was very happy with the gift you made for her while she watched and that sure did impress her. Thank you also for the generous gifts you made for me and Jr. too. We all got a big kick out of "The Take Off"  laugh

Looking forward to your visit in the future.

Here is a photo of my friends 50' Power Cat those two 125HP Turbo charged Yanmar diesel engines will be installed in.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 5605306.jpg(149Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-04, 21:17 | Üzenet/Post # 525
Fontos tag
Thanks Jeff,
Nice little boat there (drool, drool, drool, drool etc.)

I forgot to take a picture of "The Take Off", so it you want to post one, please do. smile
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-04, 22:15 | Üzenet/Post # 526
komoly tag
Idézet picengraver ()
I forgot to take a picture of "The Take Off", so if you want to post one, please do.

laugh
Csatolások/Attachments: 9983725.jpg(149Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-04-05, 03:09 | Üzenet/Post # 527
Fontos tag
For those who don't know, Jeff's home and shop are in a wooded area, no other homes in sight from his place. Infer what you will from "The Take Off". biggrin
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-04-07, 20:48 | Üzenet/Post # 528
komoly tag
Here is a spindle/laser engraving I did from a picture I took on our trip of a 100 year old house built on top of a Calusa Indian Shell Mound.

http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/lessons/calusa/calusa1.htm

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 0721337.jpg(122Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-04-10, 01:13 | Üzenet/Post # 529
Fontos tag
Nice Jeff,
Sigh! Old Florida - where did it go?
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-16, 21:53 | Üzenet/Post # 530
komoly tag
Here is one way to make BIG money.  biggrin

Csatolások/Attachments: 9269687.jpg(102Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-04-17, 01:47 | Üzenet/Post # 531
Fontos tag
Thanks Jeff,
This is about as close as I will ever come to seeing one of those. sad
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-04-17, 07:25 | Üzenet/Post # 532
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-04-17, 21:11 | Üzenet/Post # 533
komoly tag
I figured while I'm on a roll making BIG money, I DECIDED to make this one for my friend with the Power Cat: laugh: Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 9337698.jpg(105Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-18, 12:12 | Üzenet/Post # 534
Fontos tag
Better yet, Jeff, but I really think a credit card would be a better fit to my finances. biggrin
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-04-22, 19:23 | Üzenet/Post # 535
komoly tag
Hi John
I can scribble with a blue light beam but my painting really sucks. I am in over my head and I still can not get the DAC or the Encoder to do good.  I have twisted so many knobs and now my CO2 is giving me fits. 
I tried the PEP Beta 426 on TTL for my CO2 Laser but it does not have Skip White Bkgnd. Would there be any difference in the programs if I used PEP 424 instead of 426 for the CO2?
  Florida was on the news the other morning about a bad rain storm coming your way. Are you all Okay?
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-04-22, 20:23 | Üzenet/Post # 536
Fontos tag
Hi Jerry,
Good to see you finally got thawed out. biggrin   It's a little chilly here today (74°F), but I'm wearing my shorts.

No problem with the rain it - it was a non-event.  I think Jeff might have got more up at his end of the state.

Use 4.2.4 if it works for you.  I'm still debugging and fixing 4..2.6.

I thought you had the DAC and encoder doing prety good now.  Maybe you just need to pack up and move to Florida so Jeff and I can help more.  Remember, no snow here. lol

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-23, 01:47 | Üzenet/Post # 537
komoly tag
John
    Keep in mind I am not real sure I know what I am talking about but if I can explain what I think I an trying to say maybe you'll understand. I have been running V 424 and V426 trying to get them to work in TTL mode for the CO2 laser. V 424 can take out the white background but it runs real rough and jumpy and it will put the Y axes lines all jumbled up. The V 426 runs real good but the project has a lot of white and this going to take a lot longer to do. I will do this one with V 426 but if that is something you could get to work when you do the new software I would be one excited laser operator.
   I do not know what is causing the V 424 to be so spasmodic, I probably have something set wrong but the V 426 is doing a real beautiful job. I'll post it if it comes out good. I wanted to use the Diode Laser for this but I just can't get it to come out looking as wall as the CO2.
    By the way that information that Jeff gave me on adjusting pixel resolution works real good for the CO2 laser as well. (Thank you Jeff)
Thank you
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-23, 10:47 | Üzenet/Post # 538
Fontos tag
Jerry,
By its nature, TTL should run "rough" since it makes sharp transitions from white to black and vice-versa. When image engraving with gcode machines, we are really pushing the feed rate limits of gcode capabilities. With heavier machines, the abrupt start/stop action of TTL mode causes much more jumpiness and vibration. Using Analog Mode instead of TTL can smooth this out. Also, with TTL, using slower feed rates is necessary.

Try this: With your dithered image (black and white only), use Analog Laser mode instead of TTL to generate the gcode file and see if it runs better for you.

The Y axis lines getting jumbled up must have something to do with your stepper drivers or Mach3 settings. I think that maybe if you are using Chinese stepper drivers, they could very well be causing some of your problems. Lots of users complain about them and say their problems disappear when they switch to better drivers. I don't remember for certain what drivers you have. Also, in many cases, just changing from the parallel port to a SmoothStepper can improve machine smoothness.
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Szerda, 2014-04-23, 10:51

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-25, 05:13 | Üzenet/Post # 539
komoly tag
John
Thank You and I will try hurt. The program runs real good with the V426. it does not jump and it is as smooth as silk I am going to try it some more but it does not skip the white. I can run it quite a bit faster than the V424. Also and this might be, for me, something to take into consideration.
Thanks again
, Jerry

Hozzáadva (2014-04-25, 05:13)
---------------------------------------------
John
I had a chance to try hurt tonight and it worked real good thank you.
jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-04-23, 15:07

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-04-26, 03:46 | Üzenet/Post # 540
Fontos tag
"I had a chance to try hurt tonight and it worked real good thank you. "

Thanks Jerry, but what is "hurt" ???? smile
John

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 27 / 40«1225262728293940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016