Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 26 / 40«1224252627283940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

Chance Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-03-23, 16:42 | Üzenet/Post # 501
nézelődő tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 1
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Are you serious Jeff?  You downloaded a copy of MY ENGRAVING that I posted for a CO2 photo engraving contest on another forum.  You then post on this forum and claim this to be your quality engraving?  I see the "Woodcock Method" is really just you using someone else's CO2 work on your laser diode.  May Karma be with you.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-03-23, 18:45 | Üzenet/Post # 502
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the HobbyCNCart forum and glad to see you here!!

I can assure you, that is not your CO2 engraving, however it is a quality LD engraving I did for a comparison only.

This was a test to see what kind of detail I could get with my LD compared to a CO2 on wood. You know awhile back I tried to get someone on there to engrave the same photo with there CO2 on wood for a comparison and could not get any takers. Now that they started the contest, it gave me the opportunity to do this comparison. I know now why I could not get any takers before and I believe it was for the same reason they would not let us Laser Diode engravers enter there contest. It would not have been a level playing field. I can only hope that they will give us a chance at this in the future, but I doubt they will.

It looks like a CO2 does not get as good a quality on wood (in my opinion) using a dithered B&W image and pulsing the laser compared to my Laser Diode photo engraving process.  Your submission confirmed it and I thank you. I use a 24bit color photo and the "Woodcock Method" (analog modulation) on these engravings. I call it the "Woodcock Method" because I was the one that developed this photo engraving process using standard Gcodes and a Laser Diode.

You should continue to join us on this forum. There is a great bunch of creative people here and there is a section just for CO2 users. There is not any influence from commercial interests here either. This forum is all about creating Art with your CNC machine and learning from each other no matter if it's for your Hobby or other.

Good Karma will always be with me. Thank you!  biggrin

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Hétfő, 2014-03-24, 12:33

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-03-23, 21:23 | Üzenet/Post # 503
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Jeff
    That is beautiful. I see something in your picture and I have been fighting it is part of the problem I am Involved with speed, Trying to get figured out. The wood grain in your picture is really nice looking and I Have Been Trying To Make It Look Like When I do it with the CO2 it comes out with a lot less grain showing. I'll speed up a little and let it finish the job to see what will happen.
    Does your MINI have two lasers? I can not get faster than 35 to 40 IPM. I Have Been Trying to keep my amps about 1.5 and I think if I upped my amps to around 1.7 I could pick up some speed. Still got a lot of messing around to do, to even to get close to your kitty cat.
jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-03-23, 22:18 | Üzenet/Post # 504
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Jerry,
I'm not sure of which laser diode you have, but it should easily do 1.7 amps, which is where I have my Nichia 9mm diode set to. I suggest you try 60ipm, 35% feed rate change, 1.7 amps, and use the 45 left angle settings at .007 pixel resolution for testing.
John

I should mention that is for Baltic Birch ply. Popular may need 70 ipm ?

I paint with a blue light beam.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Vasárnap, 2014-03-23, 22:20

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-03-24, 00:57 | Üzenet/Post # 505
komoly tag
Thanks Jerry,

My mini is only a 1W single diode. The grain effect is hard to overcome with a laser diode. It just does not have the power like a CO2. You may have to find some wood that does not have allot of grains in it like Basswood.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-03-24, 22:11 | Üzenet/Post # 506
komoly tag
I Tried a new image to Gcode program today with my 1W mini. It's called PicLaser Lite. It actually works pretty darn good. I just set it for 37IPM, .006" PR and ran it vertical across the grains using analog modulation on Birch Ply.

Simple program with fantastic results.  thumb

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 8304822.jpg(102Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2014-03-25, 01:29

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-03-25, 03:36 | Üzenet/Post # 507
Fontos tag
Thank you Jeff. Much appreciated. Guess I had better get busy now and do a big image myself now, seeing as how it didn't burn up your laser. biggrin

PicLaser Lite is a new limited feature program that I am targeting at Arduino GRBL users.
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-03-25, 03:49 | Üzenet/Post # 508
komoly tag
John,

I know she's smoking hot, but the mini's LD is indestructible.  biggrin

I think I will use this one for a mouse pad. That little bugger is getting bored and needs something better to look at. laugh   

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-03-25, 04:05 | Üzenet/Post # 509
Fontos tag
Hey,
You could start a new business with that idea. Bet sales would be good. yes

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-03-26, 01:59 | Üzenet/Post # 510
komoly tag
I'll buy one to! I need a new mouse pad. Probably have to keep it in the shop though.
jerry Added (2014-03-26, 01:59) --------------------------- ------------------ Does any one have a suggestion, Jeff, on how to set the Velocity and Acceleration on Z axes When it is running on the Encoder (Mechanical Control Method) ? I been messing with it and it makes a mess When it is not set right and now it is set wrong for sure. When it is to slow it will leave dark spots and burnt When it is to fast it will leave white splotches ( I think ). I'm having problems finding the middle spot. Keep In Mind I might be chasing my tail, I do that a lot you know. Thanks Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-03-26, 02:00

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-03-26, 03:35 | Üzenet/Post # 511
komoly tag
Hi Jerry,

If you have the encoder tied to just a stepper with nothing else, you could set the vel and accel fairly high because there is no load. However, on my servo machine I have the X,Y,Z and A set to all the same values in Motor Tuning. The A axis is for my encoder.  Even though the A axis servo will run faster and accel/de-accel quicker then the other axis's, Mach3 will limit the feedrate based on the slowest vel and accel axis settings when running all of them on the same line of code.

Try to set your Z axis vel and accel the same as your X and Y axis and try running it.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-03-27, 02:51 | Üzenet/Post # 512
komoly tag
Just finished this for a friends Anniversary. They hope I will like it. I did it with the DAC, 2W Diode, 16 X 14 inches, 35% feed rate change, 37.75 IPM, 45 Deg. Maximum Depth -0.0252, 0.0000 Min Depth, Pixel Resolution 0010. It's on Baltic Birch. I am still having trouble with my Encoder, maybe someday I'll have a picture I can share with the Encoder.
jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 2559343.jpg(134Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Csütörtök, 2014-03-27, 17:13

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-03-27, 18:49 | Üzenet/Post # 513
komoly tag
That came out excellent Jerry.  thumb

I'm not quite sure why you are having an issue with the encoder. It only outputs 0-5v based on rotation. Do you have a separate profile setup for the encoder then you do for the DAC? If so, is there something different in it as far as the CV tolerance, ect. Maybe the X,Y and Z accels need to be increased together. On my mini, the encoder is tied to the Z axis and moves both of them. I have all three of my axis's set to 50 for the accel and I can engrave at 50IPM with no issues. My servo machine is set at 130 for accel.

If your using a .01" PR, then it appears your laser diode may not be focused down as small as it could be, unless your using 2X with .01" PR.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-03-27, 20:17 | Üzenet/Post # 514
komoly tag
Jeff
I do have a separate Z axes stepper motor set up that I can switch. So the encoder is on it's own stepper but I have found that just a little tweak on Acceleration and Velocity will really mess stuff up and I haven't found the sweet spot yet. I can't be sure that is the answer but I'll try some later. Right now I'm working on my Ice Cube Motor ( Stirling ). I'll get back to messing around with it this afternoon.
Thanks Jerry
Oh by the way I haven't figured out what PR 0.010 does yet But 100 DPI makes the math on sizing real easy. and I am not using X2.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-03-27, 21:04 | Üzenet/Post # 515
komoly tag
Jerry,

if the encoder is tied to your Z axis stepper, maybe your Z axis is moving too much and effecting the focal point. On my mini, when it is Z-.0256 in the code, the Z axis (and laser Diode) only move half that much. .0128" which is not enough to effect the focal point. If your Z axis is moving too much also, it effects the Blended Feedrate too, so that may be why your having a hard time finding the sweet spot.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-03-27, 21:48 | Üzenet/Post # 516
komoly tag
Jeff
I have a switch in the line, I can turn the Z axis off for the machine and it turns the stepper on for the encoder I pre set the height and it will stay there when the encoder is running. I just reset my focus with anodized aluminum like you told me and it was right on.
Thanks again
Jerry

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-03-28, 00:33 | Üzenet/Post # 517
komoly tag
Jeff
I did this with the Encoder and it looks okay to me but it will not work good with the photo I have been working with. I'll try a new picture later. If I wanted to maintain the physical size but double the lines with the pixel resolution, Could I?
Any suggestions?
Jerry
Csatolások/Attachments: 7335564.jpg(121Kb) · 2361865.jpg(109Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-03-28, 01:06 | Üzenet/Post # 518
komoly tag
Hi Jerry,

So you do have a separate stepper motor for the encoder? Maybe it's the steps per. it's set at (LD power) based on your feedrate your using. What analog voltage do you get out of the encoder when zeroing that axis at Z.0000? Then when go to a Z-.0256 movement from that point? I believe that is where you need to find the sweet spot for the settings with the material you are engraving. This is very important for fine tuning it and getting it to engrave the shades correctly. It's just like adjusting the pots on the DAC for your lower and higher volts to the modulation input. More steps, more voltage range, less steps, less voltage range.

How many steps per. for that stepper motor does it take to go from 0-5V (0-360 degree rotation) in a Z.0000 to Z-.0256 movement? That will give you a better idea how where to set your power levels for the different materials.

Yes you can reduce the PR and still maintain the image size. First you need to use an eye loop or something and measure your burn line size to minimize the non burn lines between them. In Johns edit program, it has where you can change the pixel size of the image. Example, if you what your engraving to be 6" X 8", the pixel size is 600 X 800. If you determine your laser burn line is, .008" wide, then you multiply 600 times 1.25 = 750. Input 750 in where the 600 was and then click on the image on the screen. You will see it get bigger on the screen. As long as the Preserve Aspect Ratio is selected, the 800 will change to a 1000. If your burn line is .007", then use a 1.428 multiplier. .006" is 1.666 and .005" is a 2 multiplier.

Save it and open it in PEP again. Set the pixel resolution to the size of your burn line that you used for calculating. If it is a .008" burn line and you calculated and change the 600 X 800 to a 750 X 1000 size, when you input a .008" PR in and save the settings, the size will show 6" X 8" again down below and that will be the size it engraves, but the burn lines will be spaced out .008" instead of .01".

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2014-03-28, 01:09

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-03-28, 14:17 | Üzenet/Post # 519
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Your latest post of your friends is great work.  You are a true artist.
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-03-30, 18:27 | Üzenet/Post # 520
komoly tag
Did this one yesterday for a friend of mine and it's the 3D L&H I did before, but it was done on Poplar this time.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 0427928.jpg(89Kb)

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 26 / 40«1224252627283940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016