Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 23 / 40«1221222324253940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-02-22, 00:03 | Üzenet/Post # 441
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Last one, my wife's car. 1976 Jaguar XJS with a 350 small block Chevy conversion with Accel programmable fuel injection. I waited till this one to post the settings because I was adjusting them as I proceeded to the next one. I'm very happy with these settings on mirrors. The feedrate was 180IPM, 3/4 power, 45% FRC, .005" PR, -.010" down from the 5v jump of the encoder to zero the axis, then used a +.009" safe for the extended edges. I used analog modulation on all three of them. It was 11"X8.25" and took 2h-13m to engrave.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 0836339.jpg(67Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Szombat, 2014-02-22, 00:10

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-02-22, 10:09 | Üzenet/Post # 442
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jeff, they are simply awesome, congrats!

H1i.hu

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-02-22, 19:00 | Üzenet/Post # 443
komoly tag
Thank you Amator!

Now I need to move on to getting the settings for another type of material.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-02-23, 14:00 | Üzenet/Post # 444
alapvető tag
What's the new material you will be trying Jeff ?

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-02-23, 18:05 | Üzenet/Post # 445
komoly tag
Hi Tweakie,

What I meant by that is, since I blew a diode from too high max amps not long ago, I had to start over with two new diodes and my settings for the materials. I had all of them documented, but now that I backed the max amps down, I'm trying to get the settings fine tuned for them again.

I am working on something new, but still have bugs in the process. I will post it when I get it to work properly.  up

Jeff 

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-24, 05:25 | Üzenet/Post # 446
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Problems are sure a lot of fun. This is the first diode and with the analog. Still working on the DAC.
CAD on the router and two half days I was to close to the bottom and I made some firewood. Glued new board 11 hrs. on the router is now ready to laser. Used back of bad board to set up the laser, smooth side. Got it looking good at 35 ipm -0.0245 and 0.0000. Put in the new board and started it up, Way to light. Slowed it down, still to Slow Down Light again. 24 hrs later it is almost done. I think I need to figure out the dark, lighter and light, darker and find the middle of my focus. Did not come out to bad but it sure took a long time. Without frame 18 X 20 inches.
Jeff
Great job and good looking Jagrolet.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 3597244.jpg(144Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Hétfő, 2014-02-24, 05:35

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-24, 08:30 | Üzenet/Post # 447
alapvető tag
Excellent work Jerry. respect

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-24, 13:03 | Üzenet/Post # 448
komoly tag
Thanks Jerry,

You sure do have a talent on your artistic projects and that sure is excellent. I wouldn't have the patience or even the skills to do anything like that. I'm a metal butcher by trade and I have a hard time with wood. biggrin  

Is that Poplar? If so, I know it is harder to burn then Baltic Birch and that may be why you have to run so slow. I assume you meant you used the encoder. Are you able to get the analog modulation to full 5v at full depth? Also, if your using a high feedrate change percentage in PEP, it sure will slow things down considerably in the darker areas.

Post what settings/details you used and maybe I can help you with your settings slightly to speed it up some.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-24, 16:32 | Üzenet/Post # 449
komoly tag
Hi Jeff
Poplar Yes it is, and I am pretty sure I am getting 5 volts. I had used the meter When I set it up and I will give me 1.7 amps When it is black on PEP. At first I could not zero the encoder I had it set to tight in Mach3 at the place turned it over to 5 volts. I did some recalculating and it Seems to be doing good now. Also I do some metal butchering my self but I starter using wood Because I get to use my mistakes to heat the shop, I do keep worm. I love your mirrors and want to try more myself. I think I'll wait till it worms up, heat the glass will not have a 27 T shop.at I'll post If I can get it to work. By the way I can see you in the mirror taking the picture of the Jag.
Thanks for the help!
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 0941644.jpg(112Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-24, 16:42 | Üzenet/Post # 450
komoly tag
Yea Jerry,

It's not easy taking photos of mirrors without getting a reflection of something in it. What I do like about engraving mirrors, it's like a Lithophane when backlit, except a mirror will look good when it's not backlit too. None of them I posted recently are backlit.

looking at your settings of using a .01" pixel resolution, do you see using an eye loop on the engraving, an un-burned line in between the burned lines. The key the getting speed is to get the focal spot as small as possible. The burning power gets more intense the smaller it is. The left side of the barn looks like it is burning pretty dark there and if you could get a smaller burn line, you may be able to speed it up some and still use the same pixel resolution. This most likely will lighten that area some, but will not effect the detail or quality.

What I use to focus my lens is a black anodized piece of aluminum. If you throttle your laser diode a little, you can see when the dia. gets the smallest with your safety glasses on of course. What I do is, I know how thick the anodized aluminum piece is and lay it down on the table. When I get it focused just right, I then move my Z axis down that thickness and zero my Z axis. The thickness of the wood or material will be up from there. I notice you are using the Z as the 3rd axis (power for laser). Do you have a Z axis that goes up and down on your machine? On my servo machine, I use a separate axis and motor for the laser power (A) so that leaves the the Z axis free for moving the laser diode up and down to adjust for the material thickness. Since I have two diodes focused to the same spot, this distance is more critical.

On my mini, the encoder is tied to the Z axis, but I can still move it up and down to adjust it within a small range which does not effect the focal point. I'm not sure how yours is setup, but it could effect the outcome also. 

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2014-02-25, 14:38

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-25, 17:46 | Üzenet/Post # 451
komoly tag
Hi JEFF
Most of what I have been doing is 2.5D  the depth is about 0.625 inches and that is about the amount of area I am in focus so I can see I need to pay a little more attention to focus thanks for the aluminum Idea. I have my Z axis switched with 2 steppers, one for the Encoder and One for up and down and so far it is been okay. I had to change Mach3 for the encoder to be right so my inches up and down are not what they say but most of my Z height is done by eye and homemade gauge. I'm starting to get it figured out.
Thanks for the help
Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-02-26, 17:26 | Üzenet/Post # 452
komoly tag
Hi Jerry,

We tried that over a year ago with a 2.5D wood engraving and analog lased shades on top of it, but they sure did not come out as good as yours do. Post # 294, 297, 301, 304 & 349.

http://hobbycncart.com/forum/63-151-15

I was spindle engraving them on my servo router, then analog laser engraved the shades on our Mini. It had it's limitations on depths because of the Mini's encoder is tied to the Z axis. Ever since then, I have been trying to figure out how to improve this process and do both technologies on my servo machine. The Dual laser's focal point is very critical, so we had to come up with a way to have the beam's focal point follow the contours.

Today, we finally was successful in doing this. We did it with a greyscale height map image and spindle engraved it with a 1/32" Ball End Mill in 3D instead of 2.5D. We then used the original image and generated the analog laser gcode. PEP 4 generated the gcode for both images. Then my son wrote a program to combine the axis movements from both files into one so the laser would follow the 3D contours up and down with the Z axis to maintain the focal point on the surface.

Here are the two images we used, except the text was removed and the background was darkened more.

Here are the results.

Not perfect, but pretty darn good for a first try.

Here is a video of it laser engraving the shades.

Remember, you seen it here first on the HobbyCNCArt forum. thumb

Jeff
Csatolások/Attachments: 4864990.jpg(67Kb) · 2720789.jpg(60Kb) · 1106382.jpg(302Kb) · 7084658.jpg(280Kb) · 1156096.jpg(293Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Szerda, 2014-02-26, 17:30

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-02-26, 17:58 | Üzenet/Post # 453
alapvető tag
That is nothing less than brilliant Jeff. respect

Keep up the good work. smile

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-02-26, 20:08 | Üzenet/Post # 454
komoly tag
Thank you Tweakie,

Now you know what we were working on. Jerry's fine work had inspired us to get off our butt's and finally proceed and finish with this idea and project.

If it wasn't for John's PEP, we sure would not have been successful with it either!

Thank you John for all your hard work!!

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-02-27, 00:06 | Üzenet/Post # 455
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Jeff AND son,
Very well done!
respect
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-02-27, 00:24 | Üzenet/Post # 456
komoly tag
Jeff
That I to behold the beauty! I toyed with the idea of ​​moving up and down like that but I built my Z axes out of old bicycle parts and it just is imposable to make it move up and down fast enough. I think
Jerry

Doug Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-02-27, 21:14 | Üzenet/Post # 457
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Got the machine (encoder setup) working enough to generate some smoke and start the fine tuning learning experience.  Attached is first burns while playing with different settings with picture editing and PicEngrave values.  Both ran at 80 ipm horizontal, 0.006 res.  On bottom burn sharpen to 10, gamma 1.2.  Top (or middle) same settings except not sharpened.  Wood is maple as that is what I had.  Going to get some birch and check out the difference.  Long way from Jeff and John.

Csatolások/Attachments: 8370072.jpg(75Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-02-27, 22:17 | Üzenet/Post # 458
komoly tag
Thanks John and Jerry!

Very nice first start Doug. 

I noticed in the hair area, you have some hesitating going on and burning some black spots there. Do you have your accels set as hi as possible on your machine so it will not hesitate in abrupt color changes? Reason I ask, you say you sharpened the bottom one which has more dark spots, then the middle one where you didn't. With CV active and accels cranked up, analog code should run smooth through those areas without any hesitation and not cause the black burn spots. On my mini, I have accel for X,Y & Z set to 50 and I almost always sharpen the image to 20.

Congratulations, your getting real close.

Jeff

Doug Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-02-28, 02:30 | Üzenet/Post # 459
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Noticed those areas also.  That is one reason tried without sharpen as seem to remember that sharpening darkens.  Maybe wrong.  X and Y are set to 100 vel and 50 accel, Z is set to 60 vel and 50 accel.  My controller is 10x instead of your 8x.  X and Y set to 10160 steps per inch.  Z is 21,428 steps per inch which gives full 0-5 volts at 0.0280" (about 4.8v and 1.8 amp at 0.0256 +safety net).  The high steps per inch limits max vel so may have to increase Mach from 25k hz to 35k hz.  Pretty sure have CV active, however will check tomorrow.  What CV values are you using on the mini?  All recommendations very welcome.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-02-28, 03:40 | Üzenet/Post # 460
komoly tag
Hi Doug,

That sure is a considerable more steps per for the Z axis then mine is. It could be effecting your blended feedrate. Mine is around 13,XXX. Can't remember the exact number at the moment, but tomorrow I will give you some settings I have on my mini. I know the CV tolerance in Gen. Conf. will cause hesitations also.

Jeff

Well, I was wrong about my steps per for the Z axis. It's set at 32,540, so your numbers should not be the problem, unless your Z axis is moving too far and the laser is going out of focus. My machine has both the step pulse and direction pulse set for 3. Snapshot shows my settings in Gen. Config. I'm using a Kernel Speed of 35Khz. You need to set it the same way in-order to get the vel. up the same on all 3 axis's otherwise the Z axis vel. being lower will effect your overall blended feedrate.

Csatolások/Attachments: Genconfig.jpg(197Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2014-02-28, 21:41

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 23 / 40«1221222324253940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016