Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 20 / 40«1218192021223940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-18, 01:17 | Üzenet/Post # 381
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Hi Jerry,

What the feed rate change option does, when you set your feedrate, it will lower it by the percentage that it's set at the full depth and a scales it in between. Example, lets say you set the feed at 100IPM and feed rate change at 50% with a full depth of -.255. At half of full depth, the feed rate will be 75IPM and at full depth the feed rate will be 50IPM. The feed rate will change every line of code PEP generates to reflect a percentage of the feed rate based on the depth.

It's a very ingenious option John added to his program to slow the laser down in darker areas and speed up in lighter areas. It combines analog modulation and variable feedrate. I have also used it to do lithophanes so the bit will slow down in the deeper cuts.

Since I use the MA3 shaft encoder to vary the 0-5v to the analog modulation on the laser driver, I can change the steps to the servo motor that rotates the MA3. 10,000 steps gives me full rotation (full power) to the encoder which is full 5v at a -.0255 depth. 5000 steps is 1/2 power and 7000 steps is 7/10 power. This is an advantage when using the MA3.

Another advantage is using a safe above set zero, so the edges don't burn. It will back off the power above the zeroing point where the laser diode just starts burning your material. I just step down to the desired analog voltage and zero the A axis there, then set my safe above that. You can not do that with Dave's DAC and that is why I prefer using the shaft encoder.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-18, 04:04 | Üzenet/Post # 382
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Thanks Jeff
But I was a little premature asking that because I am still in pieces and I think that I am about to change computers. Remember the hiccups they are alive and well. I do see what you are saying but I'll need to do it  and then I'll be asking you what the heck is this.
Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-19, 17:24 | Üzenet/Post # 383
komoly tag
PEP 4.2.5, .004" PR, 225IPM, 30% FRC, 3/5 Power, +.003" Safe and BPGAC ( Birch Ply Grains Adding Character).

Jerry, at least you will know what I'm talking about.  biggrin

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 2057745.jpg(114Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 00:54 | Üzenet/Post # 384
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Jeff,
Glad to see you didn't lose your artistic eye while the dually was down.

Very well done.
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 13:03 | Üzenet/Post # 385
komoly tag
Thanks John,

I have a way to go to get the settings perfected, but I'm getting closer.

Jeff

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 18:27 | Üzenet/Post # 386
komoly tag
This one is good, but could be better.

.004" PR, 225 IPM, 40% FRC, .002" Safe, A-.0255" and 3/5 Power.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 5578086.jpg(84Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 18:28

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 19:56 | Üzenet/Post # 387
Fontos tag
yes
John

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 20:19 | Üzenet/Post # 388
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jeff, it's hard to imagine that could be better, I'd be glad to be able to make just similar.

H1i.hu

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-01-20, 20:45 | Üzenet/Post # 389
komoly tag
Thanks Amator,

I guess I am my own worst Critic and never will be completely happy with my work.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 03:12 | Üzenet/Post # 390
komoly tag
Look what I finely got going!!!!
Now I need to figure out how to get it looking right. PEP4 425K, 250 IPM, 25% FRC, Horizontal X2, PR 0.010, Popular Wood. Can't say what the power is at the knobs are not on yet. But it is a little to dark yet.

Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 8381715.jpg(101Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-01-22, 03:21

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 04:19 | Üzenet/Post # 391
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Congratulations.  It's been a long haul, but hopefully a good journey now. 

Excellent work.

So, what did you find that was giving problems these past few weeks?

John

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 07:27 | Üzenet/Post # 392
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jerry, awesome work, congratulations!

H1i.hu

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 15:39 | Üzenet/Post # 393
komoly tag
John
A re-cap on what I found out on my DAC episode. The CMOS Binary up / down Counter was not working properly. I ordered extras when I had a over amp problem and burnt out my Diode. I assumed that there might be a possibility I could have hurt them as well, so I changed them. The new ones I received from Mouser must have had a bad bunch of counters in the batch. There memory wasn't working  right. Mouser did send me some new ones and they said that the part number ( 863-MC14516BCPG ) was not being built any more and when the ones in stock were gone there will not be anymore of that part number. However he said that there might be another part number that would interchange. He also said that the problem I was having could be caused by that chip. I'm not sure that was the problem but when I changed them again it works now.
Thank all of you for the help, I think I would have given up without it.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-01-22, 15:42

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 15:51 | Üzenet/Post # 394
komoly tag
Picture of the tool path I made to cut out the DAC. It works!
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 3022821.jpg(86Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 16:33 | Üzenet/Post # 395
komoly tag
Nice work Jerry!

Looks like your on your way to success. A little pointer that may help you with the final detail of the engraving. I always start out with as high a resolution image as possible, then in the PEP edit program, I reduce the pixels to match the image size I want based on the PR I am going to use (burn line). If your laser is burning a .005" line, then multiply the pixels X 2 and use a .005" PR in PEP to maximize the detail. Using a .01" PR and a 2X horizontal will just lay 2 identical lines down next to each other, which degrades the detail. I almost always use 20 for sharpness also. The image may look over sharpened on the screen, but it will actually help the detail come out when you engrave. 

I'm curious how you were able to over amp the diode when that is controlled by the initial setup for the Flexmod P3? Are you using a Lasorb with your LD?

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 20:58 | Üzenet/Post # 396
komoly tag
Jeff
Thanks for the help! I'll be looking this up on my next try. When I over-amped this I was setting up the FlexMod and I wanted to see what the little screws on top would do. I seen what they would do too far and when it went on the amp gauge was doing the Jitterbug or some Rock and Roll. It was a lot faster than a waltz cause I couldn't get to the switch before it was done and I had to order a new Lasorb. the old one stopped all together. A fuse is what it ended up being and it did a good job, a little pricy though.

Thanks
Jerry

Hozzáadva (2014-01-22, 20:58)
---------------------------------------------
Jeff
If I use .005 PR will a 4 inch X 4 inch Picture be 2 inch X 2 inch. When I cut the background out with my Router it needs to match the diminutions of the lasered part. The reason I was using .010 was because the math was not any problem. Thanks for the explanation, I new you had a reason for doing that but it didn't make since until now, I'll be trying it out. Also not using X2 it should be twice as fast But when I used it before at .010 PR you could see a space between the burn lines. That should also not be there if using .005 PR ??? Can't wait to try it but my machine is all over the shop .First things first.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-01-22, 21:07

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 21:52 | Üzenet/Post # 397
komoly tag
Jerry,

Example: A 4" X 4" image will be 400 pixels X 400 pixels when you use a .01" PR. If you multiply the 400 pixels X 2 then input the 800 X 800 pixels in the PEP edit program to re-size it, then save. When you open it in PEP to generate the code, it will be 800 X 800 pixels and if you use .005" PR instead of .01", the size will be 4" X 4". It will then engrave with a step over of .005" instead of .01". The g-code file gets allot larger, but it makes incremental moves every .005" and steps over .005" too which increases the detail.

A .006" PR needs a 1.66 multiplier and a .007" PR needs a 1.43 multiplier. I use a .004" PR because that is the size of the burn line I get and I use a 2.5 multiplier for the pixels. You just need to have the correct pixel size of the image before bringing it into PEP relative to the Pixel Resolution you are going to use when generating the code to get the desired finish size of the image.

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 22:44 | Üzenet/Post # 398
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Very glad to see you are up and running.  Can't hardly wait to see the exciting work you will be producing now.

Jeff and Jerry,
Just to clarify the 2X settings in PEP.  With 2X engraving, every even numbered line is composed of pixels that are an average depth of the previous and the next odd numbered line.  So, assuming a pixel resolution of .010", the Horizontal 2X (and Vertical 2X) settings will engrave every line of an image at a pixel spacing along the line at a .010" spacing as expected.  And then, on the even numbered lines, PEP will increment over 1/2 the pixel resolution (.005") from the previous line and will engrave completely new pixel depth values (which are not in the original image) that are an average depth value of the pixels in the previous line and the next line.  The result, especially when spindle engraving, is a smoother blending between the engraved lines, much the same as the blending introduced between adjacent pixels by gcode constant velocity action.  Also, using 2X engraving will not affect the engraved size of the original image, only the pixel resolution will do this.

The 2X angle options are especially valuable when spindle engraving with sharp pointed engraving bits.

John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Szerda, 2014-01-22, 22:47

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-22, 23:24 | Üzenet/Post # 399
komoly tag
Thanks John,

I vaguely remember you explaining that before, but since my hard drive is getting so full, I must have moved it to the Recycle Bin. yes

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-23, 21:04 | Üzenet/Post # 400
komoly tag
My DAC Broke again. I don't know what, or why, but I do know when. and it will not even count. It is all goofy. It was working good yesterday but not today. I don't think I am suppose to own a DAC.
I'll cry a while and get back when I figure this out.
Jerry

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 20 / 40«1218192021223940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016