Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 19 / 40«1217181920213940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-10, 02:03 | Üzenet/Post # 361
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
John
Guess what, it's on!!! If it finishes what it doing. When I ordered the DAC parts this time I ordered extras. I put that Cap back in and that problem started up again. I took them all back out and put in new counter chips and Op. Amps. I ordered the caps on line and there are no markings on them so I'm not sure what they are. I'll get more from Radio Shack if I start having problems again. If this comes out I'll
put a picture on.
Jerry
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Well it's not right yet but it's a lot better. No pic cause it messed up and lost C0.0000 in the middle. By the way it is hard to C0 that in the center of the program. I got it back on but I don't know what I'm doing so I don't know what it will do. I'll get some CAPS tomorrow.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Péntek, 2014-01-10, 02:44

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-10, 13:11 | Üzenet/Post # 362
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Jerry,
A thought.  When you are using the laser diode, are you running with Mach tool path display on or off?  If on, try it off.  On larger files it can cause the problem you are experiencing.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-10, 16:24 | Üzenet/Post # 363
komoly tag
John
Both ways, I think it just doesn't like me.
I'll be going to Radio Shack this morning so I can try different Caps.
Thanks Jerry

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-11, 02:37 | Üzenet/Post # 364
komoly tag
Well John
    I'm out of my ideas and most of yours. The capacitors will not work at all. With them in if I zero and reset it will zero but if I go to a burn number and back to C0.0000 it will not go to zero. It will change it but it will not go to a no burn setting (zero).With them out it will work for a while and then it will forget what it was doing and change the place it was Zeroed at. If you can understand what I wrote it'll be a miracle. Here is a picture of what it is doing. You can see where it will work good for awhile and then it forgets what I wanted it to do. I can reset it and it'll soon do it bad again.
Jeff
    I think your right! Did you invent that encoder thing because this was hard to get figured out? Or do you have both?
    I'm going to order the encoder and the questions will start all over again. Would this be done better on the laser diode page? I am real comfortable here but it is a little out of the category for this topic.
Thanks Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 3812240.jpg(53Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szombat, 2014-01-11, 03:01

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-11, 03:43 | Üzenet/Post # 365
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Well I am disappointed, too.  Maybe not as much as you, though. 

The encoder is Jeff's invention.  I do not have one, so can't offer any bad ideas for setting up and using it.   dry

My offer is still good if you want.  You seem so close, just something we are both missing.

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-11, 06:04 | Üzenet/Post # 366
komoly tag
John
I thought of something tonight, I will try tomorrow, I'll let you know.
Jerry

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-11, 11:02 | Üzenet/Post # 367
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Jerry,

My commendations on you perseverance with these problems, many others would have just given up long ago. Stick with it, I know you will succeed.

You appear to be loosing / gaining steps on you DAC most probably due to electrical noise (thus the loss of position). If you haven’t already done it, try using shielded cable for your STEP signal (grounded to earth at one end only), also check other cable runs and if they are close to anything likely to produce electrical noise then shield them also.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 06:05 | Üzenet/Post # 368
komoly tag
Well I tried again
Its a lot better but it is still forgetting what color it needs to be, but way better.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 2349917.jpg(53Kb) · 8442154.jpg(46Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 14:33 | Üzenet/Post # 369
Fontos tag
Idézet Honk ()
but way better.
Jerry,
What was your last change?
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 16:20 | Üzenet/Post # 370
komoly tag
John
I had the step and direction line in a 3 wire shielded and I put the step in a line by its self (single wire shielded Coaxial). I think I'll try the caps again when and if it gets where I can see when it goes bad.
Jerry

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 17:09 | Üzenet/Post # 371
komoly tag
John
This green thing is where it goofed up it is still having a memory issue. I don't know why it is not doing it in a section like that, the white background is the same even where it is messing up.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 4031829.jpg(101Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 18:06 | Üzenet/Post # 372
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Do your caps look like these?
John

Csatolások/Attachments: 3452398.jpg(93Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 22:31 | Üzenet/Post # 373
komoly tag
Yes they do. 0.1uf, Ceramic-Disk, Capacitor, 50WVDC, High K dielectric, Radio Shack
John: Hold on I think my power supply for the DAC quit. Doesn't that just get you excited. Do you think I can get by without the 10 Ohm 10 W resistor that I added to the power supply on one of the 5V lines to ground http://www.wikihow.com/Convert....-Supply   If I blew this one up I have another one I can use.
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 23:09 | Üzenet/Post # 374
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Sorry to hear the bad news, but I hope that maybe, just maybe, it might be the cause of some of your DAC problem.

I don't use the loading resistors, and my PC power supplies start up fine.  I think as long as they see a load on the 5v line they will start.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-12, 23:49 | Üzenet/Post # 375
komoly tag
John
I thought that too but I wasn't sure.
    These Diode lasers do a little different burning on the wood grain. If it is a light burn the grain stands out more than with the CO2 laser. Just something new I need to watch out for. Of course that will be after I get it to work.
Thanks
Jerry

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-16, 23:01 | Üzenet/Post # 376
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Jerry,

The grains will stand out more if you are engraving with analog modulation. Your CO2 is pulsing, so the power is the same on every spot it lays down, were the laser diode is varying the power and at the lower end, it will not burn the same on the grains as it does around them. I just call it adding character to the engraving.

If you TTL a dithered image with the LD, it will come out closer to the results of your CO2, but that will defeat the whole reason for setting up your laser diode to be able to engrave shades.

Just finished rebuilding the dual laser and starting to get back on track again. We ran the diodes at 2.1a max each and finally blew one, so this time we set them at 1.8a max each. Using 2 Flexmods P3's this time and I had to start over on the learning curve with the settings. It looks like something hiccuped half way through the engraving and burned a line down through it. Will have to check for loose wires.

Jerry, this was done on Birch Ply and you can see how the grains had effected the engraving, especially the knot/black spot to the left.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 0401877.jpg(123Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Csütörtök, 2014-01-16, 23:03

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-17, 01:09 | Üzenet/Post # 377
Fontos tag
Jeff,
Hiccup and all, I would sure be proud if my work was that good.  Glad to see the monster dually is back in service.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-17, 03:22 | Üzenet/Post # 378
komoly tag
Jeff
Nice work!!! I like hiccups I have them by the hundreds and I'm pretty sure they only happen when we are having sunspots. So only start lasers on Tuesday and that will go away if you tighten up all  loose. wires.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Péntek, 2014-01-17, 03:24

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-17, 10:53 | Üzenet/Post # 379
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Thanks guys,

For reference, I used PEP V4.2.5 on this with a .005" PR running @ 200IPM and a 30% feed rate change @ 7/10 power. 

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-17, 23:52 | Üzenet/Post # 380
komoly tag
John
I see where Jeff uses the feed rate change box checked and I am not sure what it does. I read the information you have on it and I will experiment with it if I ever get this to go. I' m just not sure what it is? Also Jeff what is @ 7/10 power?
Thank you
Jerry

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 19 / 40«1217181920213940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016