Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 18 / 40«1216171819203940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-01, 14:27 | Üzenet/Post # 341
alapvető tag
Science dictates that 'depth of field' (focal range) is related to 'focal distance'.

Short focal distance = small spot size = small depth of field.
Long focal distance = larger spot size = greater depth of field.

In turn, the minimum spot size that is achievable is determined by the wavelength of the laser.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-01, 22:28 | Üzenet/Post # 342
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
TWEAKIE
Thanks for the info but I need pictures, I think I see what you are saying but if you say depth of field it is the distance from the back steps to the far fence and Focal distance is when the dog is back there I need the 10X binoculars to see what he is after. If the NM number on the laser somehow tells how long the spot in distance is in focus. Did I guess that close??? Or am I needing to guess again? Daa!
Thank you Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-01-01, 22:29

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-02, 08:37 | Üzenet/Post # 343
alapvető tag
Does this help ?

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 3420538.jpg(27Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-02, 18:35 | Üzenet/Post # 344
komoly tag
Thank you Tweakie

That does clear it I see what it is doing. The part that I need to understand: CO2 NM10600 and Diode laser NM544. If I am successfully using CO2 laser and My Depth of cut 5/8 inches with the router and the depth of field has no problem when it burns form the laser. Will the depth of field be reduced Using the Diode laser enough to cause this depth of cut to be a problem???? I think I said that right.
 Thanks again
Jerry

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-02, 18:57 | Üzenet/Post # 345
alapvető tag
Idézet
Will the depth of field be reduced Using the Diode laser enough to cause this depth of cut to be a problem????

It all depends on your Focal Length (ie. the lens you are using).

I would guess that your diode has a longer focal length than your CO2 in which case it's depth of field will be greater.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-01-04, 01:07 | Üzenet/Post # 346
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Version 4.2.5 of PicEngrave Pro 4 is now available for download here:
www.picengrave.com

Regards All,
John Champlain

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-05, 03:06 | Üzenet/Post # 347
komoly tag
This is a Memorial Picture of a friend of my Grand Son. It is the biggest thing I have tried, 32 X 38 inches and I did learn a couple of tricks that will saved a lot of time in the future with PEP4. I worked on this all week and at one point I thought I wasted it. I took the main picture and made 5 copies, I than erased large areas and made them white keeping the picture size the same and 0 in the lower left . The program skips white if there is nothing next to it. It did require 5 programs but with PEP4 it was a snap. Also: This is an I think! I was having a problem with some areas being lighter and darker with the Laser and I didn't know if maybe Mach3 was having a problem with the File size. It was over 8 Million Pixel,s About 76 MB. By cutting it up my largest file was 38 MB All the others were around 3 or 4 MB. The problem went away.
Thanks for looking
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 0171547.jpg(226Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-05, 03:21 | Üzenet/Post # 348
Fontos tag
Jerry,
I am dumbstruck by your fantastic work.  You make my attempts look amateurish.

When running large files in Mach3, do you turn the tool path off?  If not, try it.  Might save you having to split large gcode files.

Best Regards,
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-05, 08:39 | Üzenet/Post # 349
alapvető tag
Excellent work Jerry. respect

Tweakie.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-01-05, 14:43 | Üzenet/Post # 350
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jerry, awesome work, congratulations!

H1i.hu

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-08, 00:29 | Üzenet/Post # 351
komoly tag
John
I got your (little-test-G code) to do this.
It did something in the middle, It started putting the end of the file at the stars. Watch the very last part of the video.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 3844492.jpg(112Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2014-01-08, 00:33

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-08, 01:01 | Üzenet/Post # 352
Fontos tag
Jerry,

First, congratulations on finally joining the laser diode bunch.  I am very happy to see it in operation, and I know you are, too.

It looks like your DAC has lost sync (similar to lost steps) towards the end of the gcode file for some reason.  Most likely EMF noise induced, but could be due to a Mach3 setting.  Try using C-.0253 as a maximum setting instead of C-.0255 and see if that helps.  Also, try experimenting with Step/Dir Pulse setting.  Try 10us (Mach shows 0 to 5us, but you can input higher values).

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 00:56 | Üzenet/Post # 353
komoly tag
John
I tried all the above things and it still isn't right It runs about 10 minutes before it does it. Do you think it would help if I put the  three capacitors back in the DAC? Also another question; I put 5 of your shade test strips together and set a piece to burn in at an upward angle to find out where my height would burn the best. It is good in an area of about 3/16 (depth of field) of an inch thick about 1 inch up to 1-3/16 high (focal length) I would like to get my depth of field to be about a half to five-eights inch thick. Can this be done? And how would you say it to Google it? I think I said that right? Thank you Tweakie.

Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 01:00

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 02:47 | Üzenet/Post # 354
Fontos tag
Jerry,
I had assumed that you were using the .1uf capacitors.  They are good insurance against EMF noise, so yes, add them in.

Depth of field is set by the lens.  Search eBay or contact your laser diode supplier for lens options to test.  When I can get back to my machine, I'll run some lens tests, too.  It an interesting question.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 19:54 | Üzenet/Post # 355
komoly tag
Hi John

I did have them (caps) on but removed them when I put on the new DAC. I put them back on and I had to remove the one on step pin #15 on the counter. It was causing bad things to happen, it would change the feed rate and keep the amps through a large range of C values. It was really being crazy. The other two (caps) are in but it is still doing what it did yesterday. At the very start at the bottom I was experimenting on a better way to (0) the DAC on C then it ran good for a while. The next mark it was on full power when C0.0000. I reset and  the line above that was full power at (C-0.0007) and I reset and it was okay the rest of the way and the next one ( ran from start ) was good all the way. By the way it is doing a great job when it is working right.
Any more ideas?  One more thing: What is the max Amps for the 2 W laser for longevity?

Csatolások/Attachments: 1498116.jpg(36Kb) · 2769803.jpg(95Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 20:10

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 20:01 | Üzenet/Post # 356
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Idézet Honk ()
Any more ideas?

MA3 encoder!  laugh

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 21:07 | Üzenet/Post # 357
komoly tag
Ya I know!! But it's to soon to give up. cry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 21:12 | Üzenet/Post # 358
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Jeff's solution may be the better solution; it sure works darn good for him all the time. up

Caps on the step pin cannot, and should not, cause any problems as you describe, especially feed rate changes, or maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.  At any rate, the caps need to be 0.1uf ceramic caps.  Larger may cause problems by distorting the step signal pulses.  I don't have a scope to check mine and see.  What are the markings on your caps?

There is only one way to properly zero the DAC.  Turn on power to the DAC, issue a C0.0 command, and then push the reset switch, and you should be good to go.

Do not at any time let the C value go below (or more than) C-0.0255, it will upset the zero setting and a C0 can then output full power if that happens.  This sounds like it may be what you are experiencing.
John

PS - Keep the amps for your diode at 1.6a to 1.7a for maximum.  It may be good for more, but burnout is far more likely to occur.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 22:06

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-09, 23:02 | Üzenet/Post # 359
komoly tag
John
A better explanation to what I was seeing before I took it out ( Cap ). I could see the values of C changing in Mach 3 but the Amperage would only change occasionally and when the diode was over where there was a white area it would speed up the feed rate and slow back down at where it was firing the laser. I unhooked the Cap and it ran right, sort-of. I will hook it back up later and see if the problem returns.

Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-10, 00:13 | Üzenet/Post # 360
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Speeding up over white is a Mach3/gcode issue, and it is normal with analog code.  There is no way a cap on the step signal line can do that.     Now, if the amperage is not changing with the cap, that could be the cap.  Make sure the cap is not bigger than 0.1uf.  I have a 0.1 on my DC and have never seen the reaction you describe.  You can also try a 0.01 cap if you have one.  You might also try Mach3 in Sherline mode as an experiment.  This will stretch the stepper pulses out quite a bit.  I just don't know how the counter ICs respond to pulse speed.
John

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 18 / 40«1216171819203940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016