Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 17 / 40«1215161718193940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-21, 01:30 | Üzenet/Post # 321
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Great news Jerry.  Now please don't ever forget to use safety glasses when using the laser diode.  Clear glass will not protect your eyes as it does (I think?) with a CO2 laser.

Merry Christmas,
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-21, 01:34 | Üzenet/Post # 322
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
This is fun but I'm all over the place. Too much black, Too much white, not much gray, Can you get me in the ball park with the settings? After setting the CO2 laser up I thought this was going to be a walk in the park. I didn't count on the park having this much snow. It is starting to make things that look like things
thanks
Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-12-21, 01:34)
---------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-21, 08:30 | Üzenet/Post # 323
alapvető tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Awaiting great things now Jerry. biggrin

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-21, 12:14 | Üzenet/Post # 324
Fontos tag
Jerry,
PM sent with settings recommendation and simple test image.  When you can engrave this to your satisfaction, then move on to more complex images.
John

Csatolások/Attachments: 1932254.jpg(2Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-21, 22:55 | Üzenet/Post # 325
komoly tag
John Thanks for the information!
We have a reprieve, I'll have to stop for a while I think I broke it. If you accidently go above 2 Amps for.25 of a second light doesn't come out any more. ( I bet you know that). I think I pinpointed a problem. In Mach3 MDI I can put in C0.0000 and set the counter and it will go to 0.0 Amps. Now I set it at C-0.0254  and I set it to go to 0ne .7 Amps and it does. I than put in C0.0000  enter and the Amp gauge goes down and than back (fast) to full power. If I hit reset it will go to 0 and stay. So C0.0000 isn't good while it is running All the other C numbers work. Could this be a bad chip on the DAC (a counter chip?)?:'( sad

Thanks Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szombat, 2013-12-21, 23:00

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-12-22, 04:01 | Üzenet/Post # 326
Fontos tag
Jerry,
It does sound very suspiciously like you have a burned out diode - I certainly hope not.   How far above 2 amps did it get?

As to the DAC issues, I don't think it is a bad chip.  What you are describing sounds like counter overrun.  Are your C axis Steps per in Mach3 set for 10,000?  It may also be electrical noise on the Step pin somehow.  Do you have a .1 cap on the Step input?
John

csewe Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-12-22, 09:14 | Üzenet/Post # 327
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Hi Honk.
Try it change signal width.
 Mach3/motor tuning/C axis/step pulse - dir pulse . 

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-12-22, 14:54 | Üzenet/Post # 328
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Good suggestion from csewe.  Also, if you can, try reduced C axis velocity and acceleration.

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-12-24, 01:55 | Üzenet/Post # 329
komoly tag

I'm starting over re-adjusting with the reset at the DAC. John, it went to maximum on the Amp gauge it buried the needle and I killed as quick as it saw it but it was to late. (I think.) my Fluke has a diode test on it and it shows OL both ways. Funny thing it will work good with my dummy laser diode. This is sort of an expensive way to learn not to turn that POT that far. And I was just starting to get gray collars. I do have acceleration and velocity maxed out and will turn them down and try a different signal bandwidth when I get a new bright light source. I am at 10,000 on steps per and I also have the Cap's ready when I get back at this.
Thanks for all the help.
Jerry
Buy the way I have the eye protection that is suppose to be for 455NM but I noticed my eye lids didn't feel right last night. I will also replace them before my next try with some that cover more of my eyes.
There okay this morning.

Hozzáadva (2013-12-24, 01:55)
---------------------------------------------

John
I tried to reset my voltage, something is not right. Starting at the DAC (and that's where I'm stuck). At the wiper on the first Pot. and ground is my DVM,. I put in C0.0000 push the reset and it will go to .027 volts. (every time I do it) I then put in C-0.0255 and it will go to 5.00 Volts after adjusting the Pot. Now it where I am messing up. If I put in C0.0000 it will not go to 0 Volts. Sometimes it is 5 sometimes it is 2.46 or some other random voltage. I have added the capacitors one at 5 volt + input and ground and one at the reset at the 100k ohm and ground and one at the step pin 15 and ground, but this one I had to remove as it would not work at all with it. I tried all 5 numbers at bandwidth signal. I turned down the velocity and acceleration.
I checked the voltage at the step and direction pins and the step pin would change between 5.19 and 5.20 volts when in C0.0000 and C-0.0255. When in C0.0000 the direction pin will go between 0.204 and 0.212 volts (slightly different each time). When in C-0.0255 it will always be 5.19 volts
I plan on holding off on the new laser diode until I get this figured out. Incase it is unfixable. I have been thinking about building a perpetual motion machine It will probably be easier to figure out. Just kidding I think.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Kedd, 2013-12-24, 02:00

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-12-24, 02:33 | Üzenet/Post # 330
Fontos tag
Jerry,
In the Mach3 motor tuning, what number do you have in the Step Pulse and Direction Pulse boxes?
John

Jerry, PM just sent.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Kedd, 2013-12-24, 02:47

Doug Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-12-24, 20:18 | Üzenet/Post # 331
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Wishing one and all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-12-24, 23:14 | Üzenet/Post # 332
Fontos tag
Thank you, Doug.
I hope the new year finally sees a lot of laser activity from you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You and Yours,
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Kedd, 2013-12-24, 23:16

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-27, 00:39 | Üzenet/Post # 333
komoly tag

My newest attempt at 3D. I am still having an issue with alignment. This time it is right on at the bottom but the top is a little short. the laser burn is a little higher on the top than the router cut. There is a slight scale difference in the BobCad CAM and the PEP4 or the Corel Paint Shop Pro. The last two pictures I did are right on but this one is a little off but still useable. If I don't run out of lumber someday I'll get it figured out. By the way The CO2 part of my machine is still okay.
Jerry
Csatolások/Attachments: 8642396.jpg(164Kb)

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-27, 06:50 | Üzenet/Post # 334
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jerry, nice work again! Although I use the Corel too, it's not a precise CAD program, just a very fine tool to make designs. Maybe that can cause the misalignment. Anyway if You don't mention, I surely cannot notice. From the photo seems just perfect!

H1i.hu

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 00:05 | Üzenet/Post # 335
komoly tag
Amateur
I see where Corel does something goofy but I will soon be on top of it. If I start in Paint Shop with a 30 X 24 inch at 100 pixels per inch after I save they round it off somehow and it ends up at 2398 X 2999 pixels ??? If it is always the same I will be able to compensate for it but if it is random I will have to figure out something else. I have E-mailed Corel If I come up with an answer I'll let you know. If you look close at the bigger picture you can see where the laser burns at the top is a little higher than the cut. I'm getting ready to do a piece 30 X 24 It will probably take 15 hrs. to cut so I am going to work a little harder to get it to align.
Thanks Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 02:24 | Üzenet/Post # 336
Fontos tag
Jerry,
When you route the wood image, what is the maximum cut depth?
Thanks,
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 15:19 | Üzenet/Post # 337
komoly tag
John
If I am using 0.75 inch I go in about 0.625. If I am using 0.9375, I'll go in about 0.75. The above picture I am getting ready is only 0.5 deep as it only has two depths I raised to cut. ( I think I said that right)
Thanks Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 15:21

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 16:27 | Üzenet/Post # 338
Fontos tag
Thanks Jerry,
That's pretty deep.  What software do you use to prepare an image to get to the final gcode?  Is it true 3D engraving?  I am curious as to how you get PEP to match up to the physically engraved depth of your pieces.

Quote: "If I start in Paint Shop with a 30 X 24 inch at 100 pixels per inch after I
save they round it off somehow and it ends up at 2398 X 2999 pixels ???"

Jerry, most software number image pixels with the first pixel as #0, so with a 100 pixel width image, the last pixel will be numbered 99.  Perhaps this is what you are seeing?

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 23:01 | Üzenet/Post # 339
komoly tag
John
I use Bob Cad Cam the Art add on. They call it 3D but the way I am using it, it might be closer to two and a half D. There program will do 3D but this isn't it. There program sets the depths in shades of Light and dark it will cut dark colors deeper than Light colors, as does yours.(I think)
I am cutting it with my CO2 laser and it might have a bigger area it is in focus ??? I am not sure but it is working good and I hope when I get the Diode Laser going it will do as good. ( I got my new diode lasers and the parts for the DAC today. I ordered extras of every thing, this time, so I will have more than one chance to blow it up ).
You are probably right in what you said about pixels how they number the pixels is not the same as how you and BobCad do it. Boy what a dilemma!!! It's only one pixel, 0.01 inches, doesn't show up much, so I'm going to set this one up to do half at the bottom and half at the top and see what it does.
Thanks again
Happy New Year
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Hétfő, 2013-12-30, 23:01

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-12-31, 14:30 | Üzenet/Post # 340
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Partly due to power, and probably lens design as well, a laser diode has a more critical focus (shorter focal range?) than a CO2 laser.

Not having done what you are doing so well, I think we will all be learning from your work.

Thanks,
John

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 17 / 40«1215161718193940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016