Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 16 / 40«1214151617183940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-06, 13:49 | Üzenet/Post # 301
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Jerry,
It sounds like you are making progress.

It's possible that the counter chips are either not resetting correctly, or you have some electrical noise problems.

First, make sure you have C axis set to 0.
Power on the circuit.
Push the reset one time.  Do not push the reset if the C axis is not at 0.
Measure the voltage at pin 3 on the TLV-272 socket.  It should be close to 0, and stable.
Set the C axis to -0.0254, NOT -0.0225 or -0.0255.  The voltage should go up to about 5.0 volts, and stay stable.

If the voltage is not stable, or if you keep getting different readings, add some 0.1 ceramic capacitors from pins 9, 15, and 16 to ground on the counter chips.  You can get these at Radio Shack.

Post your results and we'll go from there.  The cold weather should not be a factor unless you are shivering too much to hold the DVM probe steady.  I have never understood why some people want to torture themselves so much up there above the ARCTIC CIRCLE when they could be here in sunny Florida, spending their money and improving our local economy.  biggrin
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-06, 18:09 | Üzenet/Post # 302
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
John
This thing in not being nice. I will attempt to tell what I did. I have the shop up to 42 degrees so my shivering state is down to about 2 or 3 a minute. I turned on Mach set C0.0000 and pushed reset. Voltage at pin 3 is 0.147, then entered C-0.0254  (the voltage is different here each time I tried, From 0.181 to 4.53). When I tried to return to C0.0000 the voltage on pin 3 stayed at 4.5 volts, only one time, I think.
New try #2 restart Windows, start Mach3, Reset Mach, start laser (spindle), go to MDI, set C0.0000, push reset Check volts pin3 TLV (goes to .000 let go button comes up to .151), check direction pin .203 volts, MDI to C-0.0245, check volts pin3 TLV 0.151, check volts at direction 5.19 volts. I did this three times. I only did the reset button on the first time, the voltage on pin 3 TLV was the same each time ( .151 volts at C0.0000 and .151 volts at C-0.0254). The direction pin voltage was .203 when C at 0 and 5.19 at C-0.0254.
If I add these caps the pins that are listed they are on common lines will I need 3 or 6 capacitors. (should the caps go at the pin 6, or on the lines to the pins 3)
I hope you are able to read this because I'm not sure I was able to write it.
Thanks Jerry

I'm to old to move, it's to cold to try, all that's left is global warming will come soon and I'll be okay. I think!

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Péntek, 2013-12-06, 18:22

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-06, 19:38 | Üzenet/Post # 303
Fontos tag
Jerry,
Add one cap across the 100K resistor located right after the reset switch (BTW, is this a push button switch?), and one cap to pin 15 (step signal line) on one of the counter chips.  Retest.  BTW, I don't think the caps will help, but easy and cheap to try. 

It appears that your direction pin is properly working since the voltage reading seem consistent and as expected, but something is not right with the counter chips.  Do you have any spare chips?  Do you have a steady +5 volts on pin 16 of each counter chip and a ground connection on pins 8?
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-06, 23:55 | Üzenet/Post # 304
komoly tag
John
I just went out in that 42 Deg. shop and checked that machine again. When I turned it off from the last time I left it at C0 and when I turned it on before anything else I checked the volts on pin 3 TLV it was at 5.04 volts and C was at 0. I pushed the reset button and it went down to 0.107 volts. I entered C-0.0254 and it does not change the voltage on pin 3 still 0.107 (if I'm doing it right this is where it should go back to 5.19 there about). I tried this twice. This seems to be broken. I think.
I do have 5.19 on both pin 16's and a good ground on pins 8 Counter.
I just ordered 2 new Counter chips, 2 new OP AMP chips and 3 - 0.1 uf ceramic 24V disc capacitors.
When I had that short in the power line 5 V to ground in the line to my laser driver (same feed to the DAC), I'm not sure where else it went, it could have possibly sent 5 volts to the OP AMP pin 1 and 2. Do you think this could have caused anything bad to happen? I'll know tomorrow when I tare that line up to see where it went bad. (Right after I build a large big FIRE)
Thanks
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szombat, 2013-12-07, 00:02

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-07, 01:30 | Üzenet/Post # 305
Fontos tag
Jerry,
I strongly suspect, from your latest post, that you may have a Mach3 associated problem.  Pushing the reset button made the output from the counters drop from 5 to 0 volts, as it is supposed to do.  I don't think this would happen if the circuit board has a problem.  Of course, this is all a guess on my part.  Can you hook a stepper and driver up to the C axis output and see if the stepper responds to commands?  Spending more time on the circuit without confirming M3 is working may prove futile.  It may be possible the short zapped your BOB.

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-07, 08:22 | Üzenet/Post # 306
alapvető tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Jerry,

In general, most IC electronic circuits are not tolerant of short circuits, incorrect connections etc.
It may be best to start again with new components for the DAC and carefully check all your connections before applying power.

Just a thought.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-12-07, 21:08 | Üzenet/Post # 307
komoly tag
John
I switched my A and C drive on the brake out board and Mach 3. My A drive stepper works good on that circuit but my C circuit does the same thing as it did before. I put in C0.0000 checked volts on pin 3 OP Amp it was 4.8 volts, I pressed the reset button and it went to 0.000. I put in C-0.0254 and the voltage went to 0.04. I have all new IC's coming but I'll keep trying maybe something will jump out  at me.
Thanks Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-12-07, 21:08)
---------------------------------------------
John
I just switched the two counters in the circuit board and it is doing new stuff now. It will O out and on C-0.0254 the voltage  goes to 5 volts but now when I put in C0.0000 it doesn't change the voltage it remains at 5 volts. then I tried it again and this time it went to 4.8  But still no 0 on 0.  It will 0 on reset. I'm going to stop until I get the new parts.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-12-08, 02:21 | Üzenet/Post # 308
Fontos tag
Good test Jerry.  As Tweakie pointed out, a short can do all kinds of damage, so starting new is the best course of action now.  I think everything else has been eliminated.  Rest a spell, and recheck all wiring before installing the new parts.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-12-18, 02:28 | Üzenet/Post # 309
komoly tag
John
I finely figured out how to get the DAC to do its thing. I don't think I know why but it will now go to 5 volts when I put in C-0.0254 and 0 volts when I put in C0.0000 what I finely did to get it was an accident.
I was running out of ideas on what to do and I decided to change Active low step pin on and active low direction pin off and see what would happens. I didn't think that would be right but the darn thing started to do what it was suppose to do. Now I have to change it in Mach when I go from CO2 to Diode. I probably will get to figure it out again when I forget to do it when I change over the first 6 times.
Thanks for the help.
Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-12-18, 12:20 | Üzenet/Post # 310
Fontos tag
Great Jerry,
Glad for some good news at Christmas time.

Merry Christmas to you and all,
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-12-19, 03:01 | Üzenet/Post # 311
komoly tag
Hi John
I think I am not to sure I know what I am doing but I went ahead and did it even if it isn't right. I have the DAC turning on and then I put in C0.0000 and push reset and it goes to 0.007 Volts. than I put C-0.0254 in and it goes to 5 Volts. I have the Volt meter on the terminal (modulation) to the FlexMod P3 and Ground. It will go back and forth each time I change the input on C0.0000 to C-0.0254 / 0.007 to 5 Volts. I think that is what it is suppose to do, RIGHT?? I built this tester laser thing http://odicforce.com/page/23 (by the way for a few bucks I have enough diodes and resisters to build 3 or 4 more) Thanks for the information. Right up to this point I had an idea what I was doing ( or trying to do ) but now it's starting to get a little shady. I hooked it up like it says on that web page and at the resister it will only read 0.000 MV and it does not change if I change the input voltage. So I put the voltmeter on the line going to the make believe laser and it reads 0.009 MV and it doesn't change either. All is well at the  FlexMod P3 My door switch works, I have 5 volts, the LED comes on but I'm afraid it's broke! If you have some idea of what I am suppose to be looking for at this point I would greatly appreciate it. By the way it got into the +40ies today almost time for short pants. Thanks again and Merry Christmas Jerry

Hozzáadva (2013-12-19, 03:01)
---------------------------------------------
I just read if the red LED on the FlexMod P3 is on than it isn't ready, now I have something new to check out
I'll do it tomorrow.
Thanks Jerry

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-12-19, 19:21 | Üzenet/Post # 312
Fontos tag
Jerry,
I can't help much with the FlexMod as I have no experience with one and have not studied the instructions, but it should be relatively straight forward to set up.

It sounds like you have the DAC working correctly, but give it a command of C-.0127 to see it the output is around 2.5 volts.  If so, you should be good-to-go! 

At anywhere close to the 40s F I wear long underwear and two pair of socks.  Really! biggrin

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-12-19, 21:13 | Üzenet/Post # 313
komoly tag
Well my CO2 laser is still okay Here is a couple of pictures I just finished  I am still using your older software PEP4 423 beta  but I'm not going to change until I get the diode running and re-do my 4th axis.
$IMAGE1$
Jerry
John Your software is so easy to use, I love it!!
Csatolások/Attachments: 1753889.jpg(103Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Csütörtök, 2013-12-19, 21:16

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-12-19, 21:17 | Üzenet/Post # 314
komoly tag
Csatolások/Attachments: 8563761.jpg(60Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-12-19, 23:50 | Üzenet/Post # 315
Fontos tag
Thank you, Jerry,
This is for your work.
John
Csatolások/Attachments: 3011646.jpg(12Kb)

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-20, 04:34 | Üzenet/Post # 316
komoly tag
John
My diode is making light!!!
But something new's not right. The beam where it shines on something is a rectangle about 1/8 x1/4 and I'm unable to get it to focus??? It isn't hot and I'm real sure I don't know what I'm doing. I have adjusted the Bios on the driver to 1.125 amps on the main panel amp gauge, when I put in C-0.0254. It will cut the volts in half on the modulation when I put in C-0.0127.  And when I got up this morning we have 6 inches of snow. (Don't you wish you could be here) BTW I found out that the FlexMod P3 needs more than 5 volts when using a laser this size. When I put the laser driver input on 12 volts it will turn on now. They told me that when the driver uses 1.5 volts to power the driver there isn't enough left with 5 volts to power the diode laser. Computer power supplies also have 12 volts, arn't I glad! That's a redneck word I think.
More later and Thanks again
Jerry

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-20, 06:36 | Üzenet/Post # 317
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jerry, perfect job, I'm really impressed!
Did You burn them on a pre-milled relief?

H1i.hu

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-20, 15:59 | Üzenet/Post # 318
komoly tag
H1i.hu
Yes I rout it first using BobCad than I burn it with PEP4. It is a lot of fun but lining things up is a little close. It is done on two different machines and I'm still practicing.
Thanks
Jerry

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-20, 16:22 | Üzenet/Post # 319
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Jerry, that can be difficult to arrange right the beam on the workpiece, but on the other hand it comes out very dinamic.

H1i.hu

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-12-20, 23:12 | Üzenet/Post # 320
komoly tag
John!!!!
It's On, It's Going, I got it, I got it and I don't think it knows how cold it is outside. Now I am going to try to program something to do with it. Thank you for all your help! (I'll be back soon).
Jerry

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 16 / 40«1214151617183940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016