Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 14 / 40«1212131415163940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-11-07, 22:46 | Üzenet/Post # 261
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Jerry,
Mirrors are relatively easy.  Just dither the image and engrave with TTL.  Be sure to check the 'Mirror Image' check box in PEP.  You want the image to engrave as a negative image.  And don't forget to 'Flip' the image before generating gcode, or it will come out backwards when finished.

Yes, some experimentation is necessary, so use cheap mirrors until you get the results you want.  Dollar Tree stores have about the cheapest.  I don't know how much power you should use, but on the low side for a CO2 I would think.  You probably don't want to etch the glass itself.

Here's a Video I found on YouTube - there are probably more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4gg9gm1DBs 

After engraving, I scrub the back surface with a toothbrush and liquid dish washing soap to remove the residue.  When dry, you can either spray a clear lacquer on the back if you want light to show through, or spray black for a different effect.

I haven't found a use for my mirror mistakes either, and I did have quite a few.  Haven't done any mirrors for a while now.
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-11-08, 05:02 | Üzenet/Post # 262
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
John
Wow There are a ton of videos to watch on YouTube, for mirrors Thanks.
I noticed that it turns black white, your program skips white if I check the box but when I mirror it won't skip any more. So I made the background black so it would be white when mirrored. I wonder if there is a different way to do that? I have a picture I am going to try tomorrow.
Thanks Jerry
ps. I got all my stuff to build my DAC today. The fun begins!!!

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-11-08, 16:44 | Üzenet/Post # 263
Fontos tag
Idézet Honk ()
So I made the background black so it would be white when mirrored. I wonder if there is a different way to do that?
Jerry,
A neat solution.  It never occured to me to try that.  I will have to try it soon, too.  Don't know of any other way.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-11-09, 02:21 | Üzenet/Post # 264
komoly tag
John
It worked good (the black to white) and here is my first attempt at a mirror (Another Grand Kid). If you used black paint on the back I think you would reverse the picture but not mirror it in PEP4, but I could be wrong. I see some horizontal lines through the mirrored image. (I remember horizontal lines from before). They don't deform the edges so it might be something new, it might go away on the next picture. I see some strange lines in the dithered image. By the way I read someone say it is hard to take a picture of a mirror. They were right!!
This is getting fun.
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 2979249.jpg(114Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-11-09, 03:20 | Üzenet/Post # 265
Fontos tag
Good going, Jerry.  Far better than my first tries.

Helpful advice for photographing mirrors here:
http://learntotakephotos.com/photogr....phy.php

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-11-09, 09:50 | Üzenet/Post # 266
alapvető tag
Nice work Jerry (better than my first attempt as well smile )

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-11-11, 21:02 | Üzenet/Post # 267
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
DVD snapshot on Birch Ply.

Csatolások/Attachments: 8624942.jpg(105Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-11-12, 13:15 | Üzenet/Post # 268
Fontos tag
Great detail, Jeff.  Who are the guys?
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-11-12, 13:55 | Üzenet/Post # 269
komoly tag
Thanks John,

This was only a test to see if it was possible of engraving a snapshot from a DVD movie. The resolution of the snapshot is not the greatest, but this was my first attempt at editing one for laser engraving.

Here is the movie it came from. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2191701/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Jerry, I have not done any setup on a Flexmod P3. My first analog modulation driver was setup by the seller, however I do recommend the driver being mounted near the laser diode to keep the length of wires as short as possible between the driver and LD. A on the Lasorb is referencing Anode (positive) and you just wire it across the positive and negative wires going to the LD.  

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Doug Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-11-12, 14:41 | Üzenet/Post # 270
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 47
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hi Jerry, Jeff is assisting me on my build/setup of an engraver similar to his mini laser engraver.  Have just completed all assembly and electronics, including using the FlexMod P3 driver.  I'm no expert as I'm learning as I go along but did get the FlexMod setup and no 'blue smoke' when applied power.  I found the following links helpful:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums....startup
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51....72.html

I am using the laser diode recommended by Jeff and set threshold amps at 200 ma with 2 A max.   Hope this helps.

Doug

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-11-12, 14:45 | Üzenet/Post # 271
komoly tag
Thanks Doug,

That info will help when I setup a Flexmod myself.

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-11-13, 00:26 | Üzenet/Post # 272
Fontos tag
Hi Doug,
Glad to know you are finally making good progress.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-11-14, 00:19 | Üzenet/Post # 273
komoly tag
This Picture is downloaded off of a web page of the artist that did the art work. I plan on taking it to him when I finish the frame. I noticed on the edge which is a separate burn from the train the railroad spikes are lighter on the bottom than the top but it was not on purpose this time. My laser temperature was below 60 degrees F. and did worm up as the picture progressed. Could that be caused by the laser being to cold or could something else be the problem?
Thanks Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 0535831.jpg(151Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-11-14, 08:25 | Üzenet/Post # 274
alapvető tag
Nice work Jerry – I really like your composite type pictures.

Tube temperature is unlikely to be a problem (tubes work best at around 8 deg.C) but other components in your system may be temperature sensitive.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-11-22, 04:23 | Üzenet/Post # 275
komoly tag
Here is a little catch up on my diode laser build. A couple of questions about what I'm putting togather. I don't have a clue if it will even work. I have used heat sinks off of three old computers and two CPU fans. I plan on a nozzle for air at the diode for smoke. I am also planning on using the heat sink at the arrow for my FlefMod-P3. Does anyone have a thought as to, if you think it will be cool enough? On the diode, it has a lens with knurled, threaded end. Is this an adjustment? Is the knurled part to protrude out of the aluminum housing? And how tight should the press be at the copper band on the diode?  

Thanks Jerry
Csatolások/Attachments: 2190931.jpg(98Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-11-22, 13:07 | Üzenet/Post # 276
Fontos tag
Hi Jerry,
That is quite an elaborate heat sink/diode/mount.  Impressive!  Probably more than sufficient cooling surface.

The knurled knob is the focus adjustment for the diode and should protrude out of the heat sink just enough so focus adjustment is not obstructed.  Install the diode housing so the edge of the copper is flush with the end of the heat sink.

The diode housing fit should be a smooth sliding fit into the heat sink.  Be sure to use some heat sink compound for good heat transfer into the heat sink.

I didn't measure, but my lens is about three inches above the wood, and I think Jeff's is about the same.  It is not super critical as long as the beam can be focused on the wood.
John

Honk Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-11-26, 15:16 | Üzenet/Post # 277
komoly tag
Hi John
I have been working on a Mach3 screen for my laser and I have it running good. It still needs a little cleaning up but it isn't running quite right. I have not figured out why all the controls won't work. The bottom row Ticker, Status, File, History, Clear, G-Code and M-Code have no way to turn them on that I can find. Can you direct me to some help? I added a tool path turn off, to the front page, for those extra large files that won't work right. I do not know how it will help yet with setup but we'll soon see. Also do you see anything I might have missed?
Thank you
Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 0249507.jpg(135Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-11-26, 20:10 | Üzenet/Post # 278
Fontos tag
Nice looking screen set Jerry.

Can you email me the set file and I'll take a look at it.

What screen editor did you use?
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Kedd, 2013-11-26, 20:11

Honk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-11-28, 22:25 | Üzenet/Post # 279
komoly tag

I am almost to the point turning on my diode laser but I am not sure about how to adjust the 6 pots  The 0Bias pot on the FlexMod P3 it is stated in the manual to adjust it to the desired standby current ??? I don't have a desired standby current. I also don't have a maximum desired current??? to know how to adjust the Gain. My John and Dave DAC is a little unclear also???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jerry

Current Adjustment:

4) Connect the output wires to your multi-meter, set to Amps mode.

5) Short the modulation input wires together and power on the driver, you should get a reading on your multi-meter of 50-

150mA. Adjust 0Bias until you reach the desired standby current. Clockwise turns the current up, counterclockwise turns

it down.

6) Un-short the modulation input wires and while maintaining power to the driver apply 5V to the Mod+ input and adjust

gain to the maximum desired current. A clockwise adjustment increases current.

Csatolások/Attachments: 4372786.jpg(127Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-11-28, 22:58 | Üzenet/Post # 280
komoly tag
Jerry,

If you purchased the Nichia NDB7875 from DTR, then here is the data sheet for it to adjust threshold and max amps.

http://www.hobbielektronika.hu/forum/getfile.php?id=172513

Jeff

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 14 / 40«1212131415163940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016