Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 10 / 40«12891011123940»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-06-23, 06:44 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything relating to - PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser etc.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-09-20, 11:33 | Üzenet/Post # 181
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Thanks John,

don't you know a third beam in the center may cause interference and cancel out the other two beams?  laugh

I believe I am at the max power for the capable speed of this machine anyway. If I were to run the laser at full power on Birch Ply, then I would have to run around 400IPM. The servos can rapid that fast, but I don't believe I could get the blended feedrate up that high. Also the image would come out very shaky from vibration. I'm limited by the mechanics with it to be able to engrave anywhere near that speed.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2013-09-20, 17:52

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-09-20, 17:34 | Üzenet/Post # 182
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Jeff,
I should have thought of the vibration issue - you had mentioned it before.  Chalk it up to a "senior moment." wacko
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I did this test this morning with different PEP settings and a vertical movement.  The dark horizontal separation lines towards the top are due to a lag in the diode response, I think.  I also see the same effect in horizontal engravings when going from very dark to white pixel colors.  My suspicion is this is caused by my digital to analog circuit.  I probably need to use a faster op-amp in the output stage.

Each shade increases about 2% over the previous, starting with white, in the original image.
John
Csatolások/Attachments: 5328440.jpg(133Kb)

I paint with a blue light beam.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-09-21, 06:01 | Üzenet/Post # 183
alapvető tag
Jeff,

I am curious about the 'vibration issue'. What do you think is causing this and how could it be resolved ?

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-09-21, 09:19 | Üzenet/Post # 184
komoly tag
Tweakie,

We discussed this before in post 111 & 112. On my setup, there is a big mass of aluminum heat sink weight instantly reversing at the end of the travels as seen in my video. Thanks to John, some re-coding in PEP has helped considerably on the edges. When feedrates get up to high on my machine, even where there are abrupt white to black change in areas, I get a vibration/oscillation which causes ghosting in the image.

My whole router is mounted on several rubber pads which absorbs allot of the vibration of this jerky motion, but not all of it.  My blended feedrate limit right now is around 225 IPM (5715 MM min). This is pretty good for a linear ball way, ball screw machine.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-09-21, 20:19 | Üzenet/Post # 185
komoly tag
Artist Canvas at a set feedrate of 125IPM, .006" pixel resolution with half power. I had to adjust the lower end power up slightly also.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 2534182.jpg(114Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-22, 06:31 | Üzenet/Post # 186
alapvető tag
Wow ! excellent work Jeff. respect

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-22, 15:31 | Üzenet/Post # 187
komoly tag
Thank you very much Tweakie!

Here is the same image on white leather. Pretty much the same settings as the Canvas one, except I used a .005" Pixel Resolution and a 130IPM feedrate.

Had a little mishap with the fume extractor to begin with. It sucked the leather up to it when it started to engrave. shock  Good thing I can adjust the height on it.  up

Here is a small one I did on anodized aluminum. .005" PR, 20IPM and full power using TTL. It's only 1.5" X 2.25". Must be low quality anodizing (grade unknown) because I tried some from McMaster Carr and the laser did not burn it at all.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 5641607.jpg(65Kb) · 0412047.jpg(76Kb)

Pabló Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-22, 17:38 | Üzenet/Post # 188
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 675
Kitüntetések/Medals: 2
JJWMACHINECO

Jeff was very good.
It is made ​​of 445nm diodes?
PicEngrave the program? surprised

Pablo83.weebly.com

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-09-22, 21:23 | Üzenet/Post # 189
komoly tag
Thanks Pablo,

Yes, PicEngrave Pro 4 with two Nichia 2-1/2 Watt 445nm's like yours in a V configuration focused to the same intersecting point.

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-30, 02:16 | Üzenet/Post # 190
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Hi all
I just finished a project and I have a question for John. My last two PicEngrave Pro (Butterfly and Pony Mill) I was able to run at 50 IPM and I think I could have done it faster. This boat pic I had to run it at 25 IPM with the same settings on the laser Amps. It did of course take twice as long but I don't understand why? It just would not do the lighter collars with out reducing the speed. I did try increasing the Amps but it makes me a little nervous running the laser turned way up not knowing what it is capable of.
I used Bob Cad to cut out for the depth and the 3D effect and PicEngreve pro 4 for the gray parts.
Thanks Jerry

Csatolások/Attachments: 5136030.jpg(139Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Hétfő, 2013-09-30, 02:23

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-30, 02:30 | Üzenet/Post # 191
Fontos tag
Jerry,
That is flat out fantastic work.  Looks like Jeff now has some artistic competition. smile

To answer your question, I have another question (or two).  Was the wood the same?  Was it plywood?

If plywood, then carving into a different layer first means you are burning a different wood, which would have different burning characteristics.

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-30, 02:52 | Üzenet/Post # 192
komoly tag
John
The butterflies were ply wood Baltic Burch. But the Pony (post 167) and the Boat picture were both Poplar I used 15/16 inch so I could cut into it about 5/8 inch to get the 3D effect. There both off of the same board.
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Hétfő, 2013-09-30, 03:14

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-09-30, 06:45 | Üzenet/Post # 193
alapvető tag
Excellent work Jerry. respect

We had discussed composite type of work (3D) then laser shaded about a year ago and from your last two examples it looks like you have certainly mastered the technique. ok Keep up the good work my friend.

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-10-01, 23:05 | Üzenet/Post # 194
komoly tag
Very nice job Jerry.    I'm really surprised you have to run that slow with a CO2 laser. You said you can adjust the amps on it which adjusts the power. Does it have a potentiometer to adjust the amps? John's using a digital potentiometer that takes the step and direction pin inputs to very the power up and down on his laser diode machine.

Seems like there should be a way to do it with your CO2 laser also. I know there is a way, because the higher dollar CO2 machines have 256 power levels which allow them to 3D engrave. If yours can run with low power and that slow, you should be able to engrave 8-bit Shades of Grey with it without dithering the image first. Just a thought.

Did this one at 150 IPM with a Pixel Resolution of .004" @ 2/3+ power on Birch Ply with MinWax White Wash Pickling stain applied. The horizontal streaks in the engraving are my Pi$$ poor paint brush skills. 

This one was done at 225 IPM with a pixel Resolution of .005" @ 1/2 power on Birch Ply without the stain.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 8618492.jpg(115Kb) · 5597960.jpg(127Kb) · 7553472.jpg(117Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-10-02, 01:12 | Üzenet/Post # 195
Fontos tag
Jeff,
You have certainly upped the WOW factor by a considerable amount with this latest.  The detail is amazing for a piece of burned wood. hands

John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Szerda, 2013-10-02, 01:13

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-10-02, 13:57 | Üzenet/Post # 196
komoly tag
Thanks John,

None of this would be possible without your programming ingenuity!  up

Jeff

Honk Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-10-02, 15:01 | Üzenet/Post # 197
komoly tag
Jeff
It does not make since to me eather.  I do have a pot. that I can adjust the Amps. with . I am just not sure how High I can turn it up before it will damage my laser tube. If I turn it up I can speed it up, but I am afraid. It is just one of those bugs that need to be figured out.  You are running at 9 times faster than me with your laser about 8 times less power???? It is sure a good thing I am not in a hurry. Nice work Jeff
Thanks Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Szerda, 2013-10-02, 16:24

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-10-06, 20:21 | Üzenet/Post # 198
komoly tag
This was done with the new release of PEP4 with white paint sprayed on aluminum that was cut for a car tag. The paint laser engraved easier while it was still wet. Settings 145IPM with 40% VFR, .005" PR and 7/10 power.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 9775153.jpg(145Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-10-06, 23:12 | Üzenet/Post # 199
Fontos tag
Jeff,
Nicely done, as always.  As a group, we have certainly progressed a good amount in the past year or so, led by your examples and inventive ideas.

All,
The version of PEP4 that Jeff is referring to is v4.2.2, which is available via eBay, and can be downloaded here: www.picengrave.com.  It has an option to combine analog power control AND axis variable feed rate in the same gcode file.  The combination has improved laser diode engraving resolution and gray shading considerably.  We have been testing this method using a development version for the past few weeks.  I first used it for the Roy Rogers image in post #173.
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-10-06, 23:43 | Üzenet/Post # 200
komoly tag
Thanks John,

Another car tag done on Wet White Paint using 125IPM with 40% VFR, .005 PR and 4/5 power. The message in this engraving relates to all of us here! up

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 5439873.jpg(92Kb)

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » PicDither - PicEngrave - PicLaser. (Anything relating to these softwares can be discussed here.)
Oldal 10 / 40«12891011123940»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016