Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 15 / 27«1213141516172627»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » CO2 Lasers. (Anything relating to CO2 Lasers can be discussed here.)
CO2 Lasers.
Dave Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 02:28 | Üzenet/Post # 281
aktív tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Found this one at http://www.epiloglaser.com/sample_club.htm There are a lot of samples there, all look to be coreldraw files.
Dave

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 12:48 | Üzenet/Post # 282
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Nice work Dave, an excellent little box. ok

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Muk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 13:54 | Üzenet/Post # 283
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 61
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Oooh, thanks Dave!

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 14:44 | Üzenet/Post # 284
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 291
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Oh I am in trouble now. I just found out, Norton said I had a Malware in my computer, they checked my computer and said no virus BUT all my files went to read only and that is why BobCad stopped working and quite a bit of other things won't work right. Now I have a new project to try to figure out what to do.
Thanks  to all
Jerry

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Péntek, 2013-07-12, 14:47

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 15:56 | Üzenet/Post # 285
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Honk,
If this keeps up, we're going to have to change your forum name. wink
John

Csatolások/Attachments: 5574026.jpg(103Kb)

I paint with a blue light beam.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Péntek, 2013-07-12, 15:56

Dave Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 20:42 | Üzenet/Post # 286
aktív tag
Jerry, not sure if this will help.....

http://davidcocke.blogspot.com/2011....ts.html
On the ATTRIB command, the -r says remove the read-only flag, -h means remove the hidden flag. /S and /D says to do all folders and subdirectories if I remember correctly. There's a mess of items that come up with a google search on "malware all files read only", this is just one of them.
Here's the description of the attrib command:
http://www.microsoft.com/resourc....fr=true

Microsoft.com also has a Malicious Software Removal Tool - search for it on http://www.microsoft.com/
Dave

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Dave - Péntek, 2013-07-12, 20:57

Honk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-07-12, 23:54 | Üzenet/Post # 287
komoly tag
I got her back! I have a restore thing on this computer and I went back to the first of the month and all works again. I was having visions of having to learn womdows 8. But we are happy again. Thank you all for the help.
Jerry
I learn from my mistakes but this week I've learned so much I might not have time to remember it all.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Honk - Péntek, 2013-07-12, 23:57

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-07-13, 00:00 | Üzenet/Post # 288
Fontos tag
That's good news, Jerry.

Guess we'll still keep on calling you Honk. smile

BTW, I noticed you're still using an older development version of PEP4.  You probably should upgrade to the new release version - Ver. 4.2.1
( download it from: www.picengrave.com ) .

John

Honk Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-07-13, 04:45 | Üzenet/Post # 289
komoly tag
John
Thanks for the upgrade, one question I am not up to speed on. The feed rate [   ] inches/min On the older software, When I was trying out how to make it run I made some real big changes in the setup but it did not change the actual speed the laser moved very much. I am thinking something is set in the Mach3 program that is limeting the speed. The laser is doing a good job when it is done but I am not sure if I am doing it as it should be done. I have been using the laser at around 5 MA and the laser moves also quite slow. This is probably a question for Tweakie: How fast in Inches/min and what should be the MA setting for say Popler wood? The Pot has good control on the shade the laser cuts at the speed I am working at. I would like to know if I should do it faster?
I thank you all
Jerry
PS
I have 2GB of ram coming so my computer is in a pig pile of parts but I am hoping it will help with my Lines problem.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-07-13, 09:56 | Üzenet/Post # 290
Fontos tag
Jerry,
When running dithered image TTL gcode, feed rate will be slow, but you can try to improve it with some setting changes and Mach3 tuning.

As I wrote earlier, try using a smaller value  for the C- to turn on your laser.  I think Dave mentioned using at least one step value.  I have Mach3 set for 10000 Steps Per for my C motor tuning value, so I use C-.0001 (1/10000) to turn on my laser diode in TTL mode, and C0 to turn it off.

I also use the fastest Mach3 velocity and acceleration values possible without causing lost steps.

John

Dave Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-07-14, 03:22 | Üzenet/Post # 291
aktív tag
Tried engraving a photo on white ceramic tile today. Tile doesn't darken, but the glaze gets vaporized. Had to backfill it with some black shoe polish which stuck to the areas without the glaze. Tile is 4.25" square, stepover was .002", time about 15 minutes.
I'm guessing most tile is white inside (except for the glazing on the surface), so I'm going looking for some dark glazed tile.....
Dave

Csatolások/Attachments: 1706066.jpg(55Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-07-14, 08:32 | Üzenet/Post # 292
alapvető tag
Very nice work Dave. ok

Tweakie.

Dave Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-07-14, 14:08 | Üzenet/Post # 293
aktív tag
Thanks Tweakie! I really like this laser, it's a really nice toy!
Dave

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-07-14, 17:11 | Üzenet/Post # 294
Fontos tag
Good job, Dave.  Looks like you've got it tuned in well.
John

Muk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 03:53 | Üzenet/Post # 295
ismerkedő tag
So I've been wondering about what these DSP ran units and their PPI (pulse per inch) really does. Does it allow for a momentary drop in temperature in the material to allow for greater flexibility? I see Epilogs that use a 40W tube but the only difference is they have Radial encoders on their axis and the PPI option which isn't really in the cards for standard Cam ran systems. They can lightly change color on cardstock, that boggles my mind. I could only wish to be able to pull that off with mine...bit of regret that I didn't know about DSP's prior to buying the BoB & software.

I was rolling around the idea of having an microcontroller setup that would allow for a PPI control via the BoB -> MC -> Laser PSU if it really did open up new avenues.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 08:21 | Üzenet/Post # 296
alapvető tag
Idézet
I was rolling around the idea of having an microcontroller setup that would allow for a PPI control via the BoB -> MC -> Laser PSU if it really did open up new avenues.

Why not try it and see - we would all be very pleased to learn of the results. ok

Tweakie.

Dave Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 10:52 | Üzenet/Post # 297
aktív tag
From what I've read, the epilog tubes are ceramic and are driven with RF pulses, rather than high voltage DC like our glass laser tubes. They are also way more expensive.
Dave

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Dave - Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 10:54

Muk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 15:00 | Üzenet/Post # 298
ismerkedő tag
Oh, they have RF tubes. *nodding* That makes a bit of sense....

I wonder if CO2 tubes can handle that kind of pulsing...don't want to go and break mine >.>

Hozzáadva (2013-07-15, 15:00)
---------------------------------------------
Ok as a followup, turns out that Epilog uses 'pulse' on both their RF excited models and CO2 tube models (Zing & Legend are CO2 tube based). They pulse between 10-5000 pulses per inch. Depending on the effect desired.

I shalt be following on this when time permits. I'm quite curious now.

Dave Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 16:12 | Üzenet/Post # 299
aktív tag
Ok, took a look at the manual for mine... It says it uses PWM to drive the laser so it is pulsing the tube. In raster mode, the pulse width is controlled by the pixel spacing. In vector mode I can apparently control the PWM pulse width with the 'power %' setting, and also the laser tube current with a 'current %' setting. According to the book, setting the power % to 0.5% will mark on paper without cutting through it. I guess I'll have to mess around to see what it really does, it's not real clear from reading it. I always get into trouble when I do that biggrin
Dave

Muk Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-07-15, 16:18 | Üzenet/Post # 300
ismerkedő tag
So, since your PSU is using a PWM based power system...it can drop the level that far. Interesting. Using my POT my laser tube won't fire unless it's over a specific level (in my case 0.8V is the lowest it goes before it doesn't truly 'fire').

I wonder if I used a PWM based power control that it would allow me to do that. I wouldn't necessarily need a fancy PC->PWM setup just a simple "x% using PWM" maybe these home jobbies could be doing as low as "marking paper" instead of a caveman style 5v-> POT style.

*rubs chin* Hmmmmm....I've already found a very robust frequency generator to base this experiment on that includes quite a few features + a GUI to control it. I'll update later if I get time to tweak the code to allow for extra features.

Thank you Dave for the extra info, your really helping this along for inspiration wink Plus when you get into trouble you'll help wink

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » CO2 Lasers. (Anything relating to CO2 Lasers can be discussed here.)
Oldal 15 / 27«1213141516172627»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016