Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 7 / 51«12567895051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
Dave Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-10-09, 02:03 | Üzenet/Post # 121
aktív tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Helyzet/Status: Offline
final attempt.....

Csatolások/Attachments: 8610265.jpg(99Kb) · 8978699.jpg(90Kb)

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-10-09, 17:34 | Üzenet/Post # 122
alapkő
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Dave, fine results, can You show the original images? The cat seems not so shaded, maybe the original image is the same.

H1i.hu

Dave Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-10-09, 18:12 | Üzenet/Post # 123
aktív tag
Hi Amator, here's a scaled down version of the kitten. The luan ply I use for testing, and the grain really gets in the way. I've some birch scrap that I'll try later today.

Csatolások/Attachments: 1716933.jpg(148Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-10-10, 09:57 | Üzenet/Post # 124
alapvető tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Hi Dave,

Looking at your .jpg original image - I think you may have set the contrast a bit too high and made the picture a little sharp for really good results.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t know all the answers here - in fact far from it, but Jeff appears to have discovered the secret of adjusting the original for best performance and I wish I could duplicate his results. Perhaps he will give his opinion on this.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Dave Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-10-10, 10:48 | Üzenet/Post # 125
aktív tag
Hi Tweakie,
I think it's because I had the power set too high (or the feed too slow) for this kind of wood. It really does look better than the picture though - I need to get a real camera instead of the cheap webcam I have.
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-10-10, 11:37 | Üzenet/Post # 126
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Dave, from what I'm seeing, you were getting better results when using the encoder. Sorry, but it looks like your circuit is not as responsive varying the analog voltage for the shade changes. Looking at the cat original picture, it should have came out fine, except there are not allot of different colors in that picture to begin with. If engraving a babe will put you in the doghouse, try her favorite actor. Engraving people is a good test on seeing shade differences and how much detail you can recreate.

John has not sent me the latest version yet where he was adding contrast adjustment. In the last picture I posted, contrast would have improved it by blending the shade differences instead of creating the white areas in his face, arm and on his fingers when I brightened it. I'm not quite ready for it yet anyway because the mini peltier air conditioner system I'm making is taking more machine work then I originally thought. I may be done today or tomorrow. My son has all the wiring done with adding 2 more power supplies and a relay to turn them all on and off with M03/M05.

Tweakie, I seen the photo engravings you posted on the Mach forum and they came out very good. It looks like you have perfected your process with the C02 laser and the mach plugin.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 00:42 | Üzenet/Post # 127
aktív tag
Jeff, I decided to try both methods with picengrave and the same picture - here's a little background....
The analog encoder is driven by the Z stepper motor via a 6:1 belt/pulley arrangement (like your original setup). On my machine, it takes a Z movement of 0.016 inches to go from 0 to 5 volts encoder output. The digital to analog circuit is driven by mach3's C axis step and direction lines, and there's no stepper motor. With this circuit, it takes 256 steps to go from 0 to 5 volts, on my machine mach thinks it's moving .06375 inches.
I'll attach 3 images - the original, one done with the digital to analog circuit (labeled DAC), and one done with the analog encoder (labeled ENC). All three were scaled to be acceptable to the forum rules. The original image was scaled to 525x700 pixels and sharpened to 10 on the scale in picengrave. I used a max depth of 0.014 inches for the ENC image, and .050 inches for the DAC image. Both were limited to 60% laser output (i.e. 3 volts max to the laser's modulation input).
Dave

Forgot to mention that the lasered pictures were both taken with my cheesy webcam smile

Hozzáadva (2012-10-11, 1:42 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also forgot to mention that both test cases were done on poplar from home depot, feed rate in the gcode was 50IPM with Mach3's feedrate display running in the low to mid 40's. And yes, the kitten image I posted earlier was definately overcooked - 60% power is way too much for tje luan ply I have, 25 to 30% would have done a better job.
Dave

Csatolások/Attachments: 0771973.jpg(107Kb) · 0514354.jpg(95Kb) · 0846123.jpg(90Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Dave - Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 00:50

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 01:24 | Üzenet/Post # 128
komoly tag
Now that is allot better. Congratulations Dave, you finally got it working like you wanted it to. I could not see allot of detail in those other pictures you posted, but the DAC one you just posted is very good.

I looked and John did send me the last update with contrast control. My laser was torn apart when he sent it to me and I forgot to download it to my PC. facepalm

I finished the machine work on my peltier air conditioner system today and will finish wiring it in the morning and will be frying wood again. Dave, is that a personal picture you engraved? If not, can you post a link to it so I can give it a try tomorrow?

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 02:42 | Üzenet/Post # 129
aktív tag
Hi Jeff, it's not a personal image, but I can email you the original. It's large, I may have to zip it first.
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 02:48 | Üzenet/Post # 130
komoly tag
Thanks Dave. Did you download it off the net? If so you can just post a link to it and I can download it from there. If not you have my email.

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 03:05 | Üzenet/Post # 131
aktív tag
It's on the way. I downloaded a bunch of hi def wallpapers, not sure which site had what pics though. My short term memory is circling the drain I think surprised

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 07:03 | Üzenet/Post # 132
alapvető tag
Excellent work Dave. respect

Tweakie.

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 13:28 | Üzenet/Post # 133
aktív tag
Thanks much for the kind words! I still have some unburned scraps around, so it's off to the shop for more playtime.
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 20:57 | Üzenet/Post # 134
komoly tag
Just finished the picture and it came out very good. It looks just as good as yours Dave, except I got more detail from scanning it instead of using a web cam to post the picture. laugh

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 1409312.jpg(102Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 22:23

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-10-11, 21:45 | Üzenet/Post # 135
komoly tag
OK Tweakie, I could not resist your challenge. Good thing I have a short name. up

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 5477527.jpg(45Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-10-12, 06:55 | Üzenet/Post # 136
alapvető tag
Nice one Jeff. biggrin biggrin

Tweakie.

Dave Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-10-12, 12:52 | Üzenet/Post # 137
aktív tag
Yes, that nickel came out really nice! biggrin

Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-10-12, 13:10 | Üzenet/Post # 138
komoly tag
Now Dave, can you engrave your name on a piece of rice??? tongue Hey, that gives me an idea to engrave that picture of the Buffalo nickel with the piece of rice I engraved my name on. biggrin

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-10-12, 13:45 | Üzenet/Post # 139
alapvető tag
Hey Jeff, I am sure you must have a rotary axis tucked away somewhere so how about trying Eggs !! biggrin

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 7018730.jpg(22Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-10-12, 13:54 | Üzenet/Post # 140
komoly tag
Yea, my mini router did come with a 4th axis rotary, but I have not used it yet. Since John added the option to change the drive letters for all three axis's now, I could try it, but not today. Did you do that with a laser diode, or your CO2?

Jeff

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 7 / 51«12567895051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016