Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 50 / 51«1248495051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
Robbie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-04-27, 22:33 | Üzenet/Post # 981
nézelődő tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 19
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Helyzet/Status: Offline
I don't have any thermal paste. But I do have thermal epoxy.  It will be there permanently.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-04-28, 13:14 | Üzenet/Post # 982
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
This is a link to a new laser diode machine soon to be introduced as a Kickstarter project.
www.darklylabs.com

Plans are for this to be offered with my new program, PicLaser Lite, which is now in beta testing. It generates image gcode files for both Arduino GRBL and standard (Mach3) gcode users.
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Hétfő, 2014-04-28, 13:15

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-04-28, 13:14 | Üzenet/Post # 983
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Idézet Robbie ()
I do not have any thermal paste. But I do have a thermal epoxy. It will be there Permanently.

Hi Robbie,

Will you still be able to get to the diode if, heaven forbid, it ever needs replacing ??

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-04-28, 13:25 | Üzenet/Post # 984
alapvető tag
Idézet tweakie ()
This is a link to a new laser diode machine soon to be introduced as a Kickstarter project. www.darklylabs.com

Plans are for this to be offered with my new program, PicLaser Lite, which is now in beta testing. It generates image gcode files for both Arduino GRBL and standard (Mach3) gcode users.
John

That's excellent news John, good fortune with the project (lot of GBRL users nowadays) I am sure it will go well.  ok

Tweakie.

Robbie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-04-28, 14:46 | Üzenet/Post # 985
nézelődő tag
Hi Tweakie,  

I will probably destroy the diode, diode holder and the Lasorb trying to get it out.  So I hope it will last a long time.  I don't have a job right now so spending a few bucks on the paste is really not a option. I had to borrow the money for a $5 heat sink. I just hope I have everything I need now.

Hi John, 

I hope that does well for you.  My personal preference is Mach 3. I have GBRL on my Shapeoko right now but will be converting it to Mach3.  GBRL was just to much of a pain for me.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-04-29, 21:37 | Üzenet/Post # 986
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
John,

I hope when they promote this on Kickstarter, they present better quality laser engravings. They look OK, but it looks like there Arduino implementation of modulation needs some more work. There statement of "100% accurate laser control" sure is not quite there yet from what I can see. There price for the machine they show on there web site ($600 USD) seams kinda high for how it's built and the engraving capacity of it. They would have been better off using a purchased X&Y stage (like yours), or built something similar to one.

I know PLL is not there photo engraving problem because I tested it on my mini with excellent results, but that was with Mach3.

Idézet Robbie ()
I don't have a job right now so spending a few bucks on the paste is really not a option.

Robert,

that heat sink you purchased comes with thermal paste, according to the eBay listing.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Szerda, 2014-04-30, 11:45

Robbie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-30, 16:05 | Üzenet/Post # 987
nézelődő tag

Jeff you are correct I totally missed that.

Hozzáadva (2014-04-29, 23:35)
---------------------------------------------

Idézet JJWMACHINECO ()
Robert, that heat sink you purchased comes with thermal paste, according to the eBay listing.

Ok I just figured out how to quote. I was pushing the wrong quote button.

Hozzáadva (2014-04-30, 16:05)
---------------------------------------------
Has anyone tried to make lithopanes on plastic sheet material with their laser? I've seen the cool mirrors.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-30, 16:37 | Üzenet/Post # 988
komoly tag
Tweakie has done Lithos with his CO2, but there is not enough power to do them with our laser diodes.

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Szerda, 2014-04-30, 17:38

Robbie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-05-05, 14:36 | Üzenet/Post # 989
nézelődő tag
John,

The dual voltage should be set at 7 to 9 volts right?  And can I use the the relay on my breakout board pin 17 instead of the relay you suggest in the PDF?

Jeff,

My diode has red and black wires with heat shrink tubing on them.  I was wondering how you connected the Lasorb to your diode?

I will be posting photos of the heat sink later today. It came out perfect with a 15/32 drill bit.  I will be fixing my DAC's wiring today. I hope to test the DAC tomorrow.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-05-05, 15:58 | Üzenet/Post # 990
Fontos tag
Idézet Robbie ()
The dual voltage should be set at 7 to 9 volts right? And can I use the the relay on my breakout board pin 17 instead of the relay you suggest in the PDF?
Hi Robbie,
Yes, just set the voltage high enough so the circuit will adjust to the 5v output.  The relay on your BOB should work fine.   No need to duplicate.

You may have to wait for Jeff to wake up.  He's distracted with yachting lately. biggrin
John

Robbie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-05-05, 20:16 | Üzenet/Post # 991
nézelődő tag
Here is my photo's heat sink. I drilled it out using increasingly larger bits until I Reached 15/32. "I will use my drill press to seat holder in the diode and the heat sink. It Seems to be a perfect fit in wordpress. Warning to the others on the aluminum 15/32 bit on my drill press to the hole was big. My heat sink has a copper core and it fits just right.

Csatolások/Attachments: 0395205.jpg(149Kb) · 3025823.jpg(143Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-05-05, 22:43 | Üzenet/Post # 992
komoly tag
Idézet picengraver ()
You may have to wait for Jeff to wake up.  He's distracted with yachting lately.

Work is fun sometimes.  biggrin

Robbie,

you want the Lasorb as close to the LD as possible, but it does not have to be soldered to where the wires are soldered on the LD. You can come up slightly from the heat shrink. About an inch or more from the aluminum backing heat sink that screws on that the wires go through. When attaching it, keep the two wires twisted together as when you received it. Just strip a small section of the insulation back on both wires, but be careful not to cut the wire itself. Have the pins on the Lasorb aiming towards the twisted wires end. Solder the two pins to the wires (A to the positive red wire), then untwist the two wires. Then you can slip some heat shrink over the wires to cover your solder connection and the pins on the Lasorb.

http://www.lasorb.com/LASORB_L44-683-X.pdf

Jeff

Robbie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-05-06, 16:59 | Üzenet/Post # 993
nézelődő tag
DAC testing unsuccessful.  I confirmed that my breakout board was working so its my DAC.  The pot next to the 51k resistor does nothing and the other one has a constant voltage. If I turn the pot it changes but I took the converter all the way up to 9 volt and the highest the pot would go was 4.13 volts on the DAC.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-05-06, 18:00 | Üzenet/Post # 994
Fontos tag
Hi Robbie,
I have sent you an email.

Best we troubleshoot off-list.

John

Robbie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-05-12, 15:43 | Üzenet/Post # 995
nézelődő tag
Sorry all my project is on hold for awhile.  My computer had a hard drive failure and will not boot.  I will be back. I don't give up easily.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-05-12, 17:26 | Üzenet/Post # 996
Fontos tag
Idézet Robbie ()
Sorry all my project is on hold for awhile. My computer had a hard drive failure and will not boot. I will be back. I don't give up easily.
weep   Sharing your misery.  I just went through a similar occurrence with my development desktop.  Took several days to reinstall Win 7 and get back in operation.  Fortunately I had all of my data double and triple backed up, which lessened the pain somewhat. smile
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Hétfő, 2014-05-12, 17:27

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-05-13, 08:33 | Üzenet/Post # 997
alapvető tag

Idézet
I will be back. I don't give up easily. 

That's what I like to hear  ok

Tweakie.

madmike8 Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 00:17 | Üzenet/Post # 998
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 7
With the CPU sized heatsink and a fan, what kind of duty cycles do you achieve with your laser diodes?

i bought one of DTR's 9mm Laser Diode/Host/Driver with the G2 lens... Wish I had found this site sooner lol... I haven't fired it yet because I don't have the proper safety items yet, and I hope to be able to see the art I engrave...

So, now I'm looking into a different driver setup while parts arrive.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 01:00 | Üzenet/Post # 999
Fontos tag
Mike,
Simple answer, I don't know.  I've never had a overheating problem with my two diodes that I am aware of.  And I have engraved mirrors using variable feed rate gcode with 100% laser power (1.7 amps) applied for upwards of three hours straight.

John

madmike8 Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-06-21, 02:17 | Üzenet/Post # 1000
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 7
Well, that's good news!  Thanks

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 50 / 51«1248495051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016