Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 48 / 51«12464748495051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-10, 07:22 | Üzenet/Post # 941
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Excellent. biggrin

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-02-13, 07:01 | Üzenet/Post # 942
nézelődő tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 8
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
I have a hobby collecting cipher machines.  A few of them use a punched card to load the crypto keys into the machine.  Since crypto keys are pretty much state secrets,  original key cards are pretty much non-existent.  What's a boy to do?  Why laser cut copies, of course!  I added support for cutting these cards to my universal gcode processing program.  You give it a key file and it generates the proper pattern of holes to load that key.

Here is an image of my laser cut cards (bottom row).  Russian Fialka on the left, Sweedish Transvertex HC-9 on the right.  Top row are a Fialka copy made by somebody in Germany and an original Transvertex card.  My Fialka card is much truer to the original Russian design (only one of which is known to have survived).  Both were cut with the 445 nm 3 watt laser (running at around half power).  The material is manila file folder stock.
Here are some links describing these machines:

http://www.cryptomuseum.com/crypto/fialka/index.htm

http://www.cryptomuseum.com/crypto/transvertex/index.htm

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-02-13, 07:47 | Üzenet/Post # 943
alapvető tag
Very interesting information Mark, thanks for sharing ok

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-02-16, 18:14 | Üzenet/Post # 944
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Here's one for the "Butterfly Club."  I can't match Tweakie or Mark in doing small ones, so made this one a little larger. smile

Actually, I was really testing how well my diode will cut 3/16" foam board.  It does a good job, but slow.  Fastest feed rate for single pass burn at max power (1.8 amps) is 4 ipm / 100 mm/min. 

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 2374130.jpg(306Kb)

I paint with a blue light beam.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-02-16, 18:21 | Üzenet/Post # 945
alapvető tag
Excellent work John respect

(I think speed comes a second best to quality smile )

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-02-16, 19:18 | Üzenet/Post # 946
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Very good job John,  thumb

I was wondering what that funky burnt smell was outside, way up here in the panhandle.  laugh

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2014-02-16, 22:41 | Üzenet/Post # 947
Fontos tag
Thanks guys, all in good fun.

Jeff,
That's not from me.  That's from Jerry in Montana - using his laser diode to warm up his shop. smile
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Vasárnap, 2014-02-16, 22:42

Robbie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-04-17, 13:10 | Üzenet/Post # 948
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 19
Hi I'm new here. I have been building the Maxim chip DAC with John's help (Many thanks John).  I was wondering if someone could tell me how to setup the Flexmod P3 driver?  I will be using a Shapeoko version 1 as my build platform and a Hobbycnc 4 axis Pro controller.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-04-17, 23:07 | Üzenet/Post # 949
Fontos tag
Hi Robert,
Welcome to the group.  I have a Flexmod P3 that I will be installing in a new machine (hopefully someday soon unsure ), so I'll try to squeeze in time this weekend to set it up with a dummy load (I need to throw one together first), and I'll write down the steps I take and some DVM measurements.

It should not be very difficult to adjust a Flexmod.  But having burned out three diodes over the past two or three years from my embarrassing mistakes, I won't connect the Flexmod to a LD until I am sure it is setup with conservative adjustments.

In the meantime hopefully another member will offer advice.

John

Robbie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-18, 00:57 | Üzenet/Post # 950
nézelődő tag
Thanks John. I Can not Afford another diode right now. If I blow this one it will go in the closet for a good while. Probably I can figure it out using the web resources but I just do not feel like experimenting with diode $ 100 right now. On another note I have the DAC almost built just a few wires to solder on the board.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Robbie - Péntek, 2014-04-18, 01:01

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-18, 15:16 | Üzenet/Post # 951
komoly tag
Welcome to the forum Robert.

How were you able to solder the Maxim surface mount DP chip? This info could help others overcome this difficult task.

I would recommend a Lasorb ESD protection for your LD. I have taken out the 9mm 445nm diodes on my servo dual LD machine by having some kind of discharge on the frame and the only thing that resolved it was the Lasorb.  I assume you purchased the 9mm 445nm and the adjustments for the Flexmod P3 is between 80ma-200ma threshold and at the max specs for that LD is 1.7a, but don't exceed 1.8a. Where we have ours set at is 150ma and 1.8a.

The Flexmod P3 instructions to adjust and set it up are pretty much straight forward. We never used a dummy load, but just used a multi-meter with the amp mode across the LDA & LDK on the board like the instructions explains.

http://innolasers.com/laser/FlexModP3/FlexModP3_Manual.pdf

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2014-04-18, 18:56

Robbie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-18, 17:20 | Üzenet/Post # 952
nézelődő tag
Hi Jeff The link below is to a web site in Canada That You Can Order the dip converter for the Maxim chip. They Will Also order the chip and solder it on the board. It cost $ 19.96 for Them to do the hard work. It took about a week to get it. http://www.proto-advantage.com/store....2200016 I also have enough components for up to three maxim boards. When I get time I will try to solder it myself. Yes I do have a lasorb. I got to get ready to BBQ so I will be more specific later about what I do not Understand on the FlexMod.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Robbie - Szombat, 2014-04-19, 00:28

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-04-18, 21:01 | Üzenet/Post # 953
Fontos tag
Robert (do you prefer Robbie?),
I have been setting up my Flexmod today, and I discovered that I left a connection off of my diagram in the Laser Setup PDF. There needs to be a wire connected from the interlock point on the FM board to the V+ power supply point of the board. This wire can be run through a SPST switch if desired so when the switch is open the laser will be switched off. The purpose of the interlock is to act as a safety for some installations.

I will correct my PDF soon to show this connection.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 8828643.jpg(116Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Péntek, 2014-04-18, 21:29

Robbie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-04-19, 02:34 | Üzenet/Post # 954
nézelődő tag
John I go by either name so you choose.  I guess the switch on that connection would be similar to a emergency stop switch on a CNC machine.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2014-04-19, 13:47 | Üzenet/Post # 955
komoly tag
We just jumped the interlock to V+ (like John's diagram shows) but we are using a relay to remove the power coming from the power supply to the driver and it acts as an emergency stop. We keep the modulation voltage closed coming from the MA3 shaft encoder to the Flexmod instead of switching it with a relay. You need to disable the 7 second delay also by soldering across two pads as shown here.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums....d+delay

John's setup is different then ours, so there may be a reason he has the modulation voltage switched with a relay. We use the 5v from the USB port to power the MA3 for the 0-5v modulation voltage.

Robbie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-04-22, 13:43 | Üzenet/Post # 956
nézelődő tag
Jeff here is the couple's photo of the Maxim chip. This is what you will get if you order it from http://www.proto-advantage.com/store....200016.

Csatolások/Attachments: 2289939.jpg(84Kb) · 7741474.jpg(68Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-04-22, 14:25 | Üzenet/Post # 957
komoly tag
Robbie,

We were the first to use the Maxim chip for analog modulating a laser diode and my son was able to solder by hand the pins to a 14pin dip adapter from Digi-Key. The one that John uses was done by us. We still have some components here and could have made you one up for $20.  biggrin

It's not easy, but is do-able. He used one copper strand from stranded wire and heated it with a soldering iron and carefully soldered each pin to the adapter. There is another way by using soldering paste applied through a stencil and just heating afterwards. This stencil to apply the solder paste could be cutout with a laser diode.

If the Maxim DP chips were 10bit resolution(1024 increments) like the MA3 is instead of 8bit resolution (256 increments), we would probably still be using a DAC. The 10bit resolution gives us allot more option/setting capabilities.

Jeff

Robbie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-23, 13:17 | Üzenet/Post # 958
nézelődő tag
I wanted go the electronic route. I probably should have went with the mechanical route but it is all said and done now.   Just go to get is built. I haven't felt the best in the world the last few days.  If I had I would have the laser up and running by now.  I also have to tear down my shapeoko and install nema 23's and the Hobbycnc board and the GT2 belt.

Hozzáadva (2014-04-23, 13:17)
---------------------------------------------
Jeff you answered one of my questions about the 7 second delay.
What about the Standby LED Beam Suppression?
What is the big 270uf 35v capacitor for and where does it go? I don't see it in the manual.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-23, 15:14 | Üzenet/Post # 959
komoly tag
Here is the latest P3 manual and it explains it in there. It's not needed for our use. I think this is for laser light show applications so the laser will turn off completely when modulation voltage is zero instead of staying at threshold amps with a slight glow. 

http://innolasers.com/laser/FlexModP3/FlexModP3_Manual.pdf

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-04-23, 16:01 | Üzenet/Post # 960
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Or perhaps that 7 second delay is to allow the 12 volt laser power supply to stabilize before turning on the laser diode?
Dave

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 48 / 51«12464748495051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016