Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 47 / 51«1245464748495051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-01-29, 16:45 | Üzenet/Post # 921
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Texaspyro,

Welcome to our group.

Sorry, but I just realized I did not respond to your first post (not very friendly of me sad ). 

Really nice work on the bikes.  I am not familiar with the 405 diodes, and I did not realize they would give a much smaller spot size than the 445.  Now I guess I have to try one to see how it works with analog image engraving.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

router Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-30, 00:47 | Üzenet/Post # 922
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 4
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Idézet elektron ()
Hi, router !Does your code work correctly or still the problem exists ? If the code is written in asm, can be faster. But maybe the ARDUINO is not enough for the job ? Ihave ARDUINO too, and desire to make my 1W diode laser machine to get complete soon. Can you show the code, maybe rewriting it would be faster.

elektron
 I did get it working and it's doing quite well with one exception... by the end of a 150,000 line gcode, the power value is off by as much as 10%.

Here's the code. (You can remove the "Serial." lines if you don't want feedback from the program.

const int pin = 4;  // pin 4 is actually pin 19 on the Arduino Mega... This must be an interrupt pin - axis A step pin
const int laser = 8; // pin to use for laser power modulation
const int dirctn = 12;  // axis A direction pin
int ct;
volatile int zpos;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);           // set up Serial library at 9600 bps
  Serial.println("Laser Modulation Driver");
  pinMode(pin, INPUT);  // set the pin for the interrupt as an input pin
  pinMode(laser,OUTPUT);
//  analogWrite(pin,0);
  pinMode(dirctn,INPUT);
  analogWrite(laser,255);  // make sure the laser is off
  zpos = 0;  // zero out our power value
  ct = 0;  // initialize the loop counter
  attachInterrupt(pin, chngZ, RISING);  // set up the interrupt (int number, subroutine called, when to call)
}

void loop()
{
  ct++;
  if (ct > 9999)  // report the zpos value every 10000 cycles
  {
    Serial.println("Power level = " + String(zpos));
    ct = 0;
  }
  if (zpos < 0) zpos = 0;
  if ((zpos <= 255) && (zpos >= 0)) { analogWrite(laser,255 - zpos); }  // set the laser value if in range
  else { analogWrite(laser,255); }  // turn laser off if zpos is out of range
}

void chngZ() // interrupt subroutine
{
  if (digitalRead(dirctn) == HIGH)  // check the A axis direction and increment or decrement zpos accordingly
  { if (zpos > 0) zpos --; }
  else
  { if (zpos < 255) zpos ++; }
}

Jay

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-30, 04:24 | Üzenet/Post # 923
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 8
Yes,  the 405 nm diode produces a MUCH smaller (and rounder) dot.  Even though the diode is running at less power than the 445 nm diodes,  the power density in the beam is MUCH greater.  

I am running it at 500 mW max (350 mA),  the diode can be driven to around 700 mW.  Back in 2010 when that diode first came out abuse tests showed that at 700 mW it would last around 250 hours.  I suspect newer production ones would do better,  but so far I have not had any need to run it to the max.  The diode is intended for 12X blue-ray writers.  It is rated at 1000 hours in that application...  but blu-ray writers don't have much in the way of heat sinking.  500 mW is overdriving it quite a bit,  but it is mounted in a relatively massive heat sink which replaces the mill spindle/bearing.

The problem with engraving with it is the tiny beam...  like around 2000 lines per inch.  The max that I can run that mill is around 20 inches/minute.  So figure around 3-4 hours per square inch engraving time.  But the resolution would be awesome!  Also your machine needs to be able to hold positioning tolerances well below the beam diameter.

I got an air nozzle mounted on my 3 watt 445 nm laser head today.  Looks like the beam is around 0.006" in diameter.   It really can't cut much of anything that the 405 nm one can't do.

Hozzáadva (2014-01-30, 04:24)
---------------------------------------------
Here is some gratuitous 405nm laser cutlery.  It is the EMC2 FLOWSNAKE pattern.  The flowsnake is a fractal like pattern known as a Gosper curve.  This one is around 1 inch across.  The edge measure 10.9 inches long and has 3077 facets averaging .0035" long.  You can't see most of the tiny detail in the photo...  crappy camera.

I generated the gcode for this pattern from a 40 line long recursive program written for EMC2 based machines using my gcode processing program.  It can translate between the languages of about 50 different milling machines plus DXF, HPGL, GPGL, and a few others.  It can also generate time optimized 2D cutting paths.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-30, 09:17 | Üzenet/Post # 924
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
I'm able to get a .004" diameter with our 445nm. What lens are you using on your 445nm and the 405nm? Can you post some pictures of your machine and setup?

What is your name so we know what to call you? unsure

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-30, 22:52 | Üzenet/Post # 925
nézelődő tag
Idézet JJWMACHINECO ()
I'm able to get a .004" diameter with our 445nm. What lens are you using on your 445nm and the 405nm? Can you post some pictures of your machine and setup? What is your name so we know what to call you?

I started out using the "G2" lens from DTR Laser shop (where I got the diodes from).  I since switched to their Long Focal Length lens.  I could not tell if the LFL lens focuses much better but wanted to try it out.  My laser head is 4 inches from the work.  Most of the laser lenses are designed to work in DVD writers where the laser is like 1 mm from the disk.  Since the LFL lenses were working just fine (maybe a few percent less light output than a G1 or G2 lens,  I left them in place.The standard acrylic lens will die at these laser powers and the G3 3 element lenses put out around 30% less power than the G1/G2 lenses (and 25% less power than the LFL lens).A friend of mine used his 3D printer to make me a coaxial air assist nozzle.  I use a small dual head diaphragm pump to pump air down the beam.  It GREATLY improves the quality of the cuts and keeps smoke off the lens.Another fiiend machined me an aluminum mount/heat sink for the laser module.  It is designed to either be chucked in the mill spindle or to replace the spindle assembly.I am using a Flexmod P3 driver and a 9V regulated "wall wart" type power supply to drive the laser.

Laser,  driver,  and air pump:

Mounted on a MAXNC-10 mill:

Mark

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by texaspyro - Csütörtök, 2014-01-30, 22:56

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2014-01-30, 23:53 | Üzenet/Post # 926
komoly tag
Pretty slick Mark.

If your talking about this longer G2 lens from DTR, then it's the same focal length as the short one. They are just longer so it's easier to adjust without burning your fingers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm....179971c

I tried one of those longer G2 lenses and was not able to get a good enough beam shape/size from it to get any fine detail in my engravings. I was able to get better results with this 3 element glass lens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm....9.l2649

They sure are a better option then DTR's 3 element glass lenses and very reasonably priced too.

If you look through this thread and the Picengrave thread, you can see some of my analog modulated laser engravings. thumb

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-31, 01:01 | Üzenet/Post # 927
nézelődő tag
No,  he also sells a long focal length lens.  It is only available in the shorter barrel.  I bought the G2 lenses with the longer barrel.  

One issue to aware of with mounting these lasers on a device where the head moves and the work stays fixed is that the lens threads are rather loose and the lens can wobble a bit.  You can wrap the lens threads with teflon tape to help minimize that problem.  DTR says to use 1.5 wraps of tape.  I think it takes quite a bit more than that.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2014-01-31, 02:03 | Üzenet/Post # 928
komoly tag
We ran into that same issue with the threads and used teflon tape also. Can you post a link to the lens your talking about. I did not find it from DTR on eBay, but may have missed it.

Thanks. Jeff

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 05:41 | Üzenet/Post # 929
nézelődő tag
Middle row, on the right:  https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/glass-lenses

Hozzáadva (2014-02-04, 05:41)
---------------------------------------------
I cut the butterfly puzzle out of .032" basswood using the 3W laser.  The scale factor that I used (around 1/3 scale) combined with the beam width and material thickness made the tabs/slots just fit.  The material is incredibly fragile due to the grain in the basswood being in unfortunate places.

I tried cutting 0.020" birch plywood (expensive when that thin) but the cuts were not very satisfactory.

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by texaspyro - Kedd, 2014-02-04, 05:43

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 08:01 | Üzenet/Post # 930
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Excellent work Mark. respect

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 12:11 | Üzenet/Post # 931
Fontos tag
Mark,
Welcome to the "Butterfly Club."  smile

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 7849197.jpg(235Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 14:10 | Üzenet/Post # 932
alapvető tag
I'm in (But I cheated and used CO2). biggrin

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 9574761.jpg(40Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 16:41 | Üzenet/Post # 933
Fontos tag
Nice, Tweakie.
CO2 is still tempting me, but I've been able to resist so far.  Although seeing more and more of yours and Dave's work, I'm not sure just how much longer I can continue to resist.  facepalm

Hmmm, how to approach the boss about a new toy?

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 17:08 | Üzenet/Post # 934
alapvető tag
Idézet
Hmmm, how to approach the boss about a new toy?

You have to be cunning and find their weak spot - with my boss it's shoes and handbags. biggrin

Tweakie.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 19:49 | Üzenet/Post # 935
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Hey boys, congratulations to You all, You made a very excusive team smile

H1i.hu

Pabló Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 22:47 | Üzenet/Post # 936
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 675
Kitüntetések/Medals: 2
picengraver

Nice work John
I cut 0.8mm thick oak veneer, the putties maybe a little harder.
Speed ​​was much slaughter?

Hi Pabló

Pablo83.weebly.com

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 23:52 | Üzenet/Post # 937
nézelődő tag
I cut another butterfly out of 0.006" thick construction paper using the 405nm laser...  maybe 1/12 scale from the original.  Everything cut perfectly and the tabs/slots (0.006") are the correct size and fit perfectly.  The only problem is the pieces are soooo small,  I don't think that I can put it together.

Now,  has anybody done the dragonfly?  DXF on the MACH3 forum is scaled for 2mm material.  It's much more complicated than the butterfly.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2014-02-04, 23:58 | Üzenet/Post # 938
Fontos tag
Thank Pablo,
Mark and Tweakie have me thinking about a new project.  I will start on it tonight and post when done.  But I am keeping it a secret for now. smile
You should make a butterfly into a clock. up
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2014-02-05, 10:34 | Üzenet/Post # 939
alapvető tag
Idézet
Now, has anybody done the dragonfly? DXF on the MACH3 forum is scaled for 2mm material. It's much more complicated than the butterfly.

Perhaps just scale it down to suit your material thickness ?
This was again CO2 cut - as you say slightly more parts and tricky to assemble but fun to make.

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 4666557.jpg(33Kb)

texaspyro Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2014-02-10, 00:17 | Üzenet/Post # 940
nézelődő tag
Dragon fly puzzle cut out of 0.012" card stock using the 405 nm laser.  It is a little smaller than 1/6 scale.  It was rather hard to cut out since the file does not have support tabs and the assist air kept the pieces blowing out.   I got it to work by backing the card stock with a piece of Tyvek from a mailing envelope and taping down all the edges of the card stock.  The Tyvek is rather laser-imune, but the burning card stock edges slightly melts it helping to keep the pieces in place.

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 47 / 51«1245464748495051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016