Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 36 / 51«1234353637385051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
fefenin Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-05-10, 20:30 | Üzenet/Post # 701
kezdő tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 34
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Helyzet/Status: Offline
ok then i'll have a look at the best solution while waiting for the driver board.

i still have to learn how to use the 4th axis even with rotary engrave/mill

Dave Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-05-11, 13:36 | Üzenet/Post # 702
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
I'm really impressed with the new co2 laser engraver. It's well built and sturdy. The software for it works good, and will accept bit map files and files printed to their supplied driver. It's going to take some time for me to get used to the idea of not using gcode/mach3. Here's a couple of attempts made last night. The macaw is 4" x 5" done in vector mode with 100% speed and 15% power, took 3 minutes to complete. The thing that really got my attention though was using the laser to cut it out of a larger piece of scrap plywood (at 100% power and 20% speed). The ocelot is 6" x 8" and was done in raster mode at 500dpi with 25% power and 100% speed, took 30 minutes to complete.
I'm not sure what the actual carriage speed is, but it is really fast in raster mode and just a bit slower in vector mode. Their trajectory planner seems to do much better than what I was seeing with gcode/mach3. The halftone dithering can be done at 250, or 500, or 1000 dpi resolution, with 250dpi I can see the individual dots that aren't apparent at 500dpi. Overall, I'm very happy with this new toy!

Dave

Csatolások/Attachments: 2066639.jpg(82Kb) · 4112212.jpg(137Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-05-11, 18:16 | Üzenet/Post # 703
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Showoff!   biggrin
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-05-11, 22:41 | Üzenet/Post # 704
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Dave,

You need to move over to the stalled CO2 thread and jump start things over there. This thread is for laser diodes. tongue

Just kidding. biggrin  Seriously, those sure do look like standard dithered black and white CO2 laser engravings. I sure have seen allot better results with a laser diode engraving shades of grey. Sorry Dave, but it looks like you went backwards on image quality, very expensively with only one advantage of being able to do them very fast. Now, if you can vary the power level on that machine, then there must be a way to get high quality 8bit shaded images with it.     

Jeff

Hozzáadva (2013-05-11, 22:41)
---------------------------------------------
Dave,

please try doing a mirror and attach a picture of the results here. A friend of mine was very excited when he seen my mirror engravings and wants to make them himself, but complained on how long it takes to do them with my setup. I recommended a CO2, but not many have done mirrors to get good idea how they come out before he buys one.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Dave Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-05-11, 23:50 | Üzenet/Post # 705
aktív tag
Hi Jeff,
Don't have any mirrors on hand at the moment. Supposedly, this thing can engrave on glass or stone. Haven't tried those yet though. Still trying to learn the new software's capabilities - my eyes read the manual, but my brain can't quite understand. smile
I might be able to get to the hardware store tommorrow to see what they have available.
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 00:14 | Üzenet/Post # 706
komoly tag
Walmart sells a 6 pack of 12"X12" mirror wall tiles for $10. There .06" thick which works good for laser engraving. The thicker the glass, the image does not show as up as clear. Lowe's sells about the same thing same price. A real light coat of clear paint after engraving protects it from getting smeared. Don't spray it to heavy or it will dull the image.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Dave Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 03:02 | Üzenet/Post # 707
aktív tag
ok, found a small round mirror in the junk box. picture size is 3" x 2.4", rastered at 500 lines/inch. Probably should have done 1000 lpi for a small image like this. Run time was 7 minutes. Pardon the colored bands in the picture, scanner's got a problem.
And yes, it will etch plain glass too but I have to do some experimenting to find a good power level to use.

Dave

Rubbing the image doesn't smear it, it appears that it is burned into the glass.

Csatolások/Attachments: 9251486.jpg(84Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Dave - Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 14:47

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 16:16 | Üzenet/Post # 708
komoly tag
Not bad at all Dave,

I understand that the small one is easier to hide to avoid having to go to the doghouse, biggrin  but I believe when you do a larger one and use 1000dpi setting, it will come out allot better.  up

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 17:11 | Üzenet/Post # 709
aktív tag
Hey there Jeff,
1000 pixels/inch is a million pixels/square inch, so for a large image that would be a lot of memory. I'm thinking that a larger image would need fewer pixels per inch since it would likely be viewed at a greater distance (picture hanging on the wall, for example). The software has a couple of dithering methods (simple and halftone) with simple having much smaller dots than halftone. The user guide mentions that each one is better suited to a particular medium (without saying which is which). From last night's attempt it looks to me that halftone is better on mirrors. I've got a big learning curve with this toy, but at least it's not taking hours to finish a project once it goes to the laser. biggrin
Dave

Pabló Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 18:13 | Üzenet/Post # 710
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 675
Kitüntetések/Medals: 2
JJWMACHINECO

Hey Jeff

What exactly do you use a diode and which lenses?
You can send a link to it?
If you can not be good for my players 3W new lens
I can also try your blue laser
How many watts is the ultimate, 1, 2?

Pablo83.weebly.com

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-12, 22:34 | Üzenet/Post # 711
komoly tag
Pablo,

The laser diode I'm using on all the engravings I posted here is a 1W 445nm with a 3 element glass (gold tint) lens. On the new dual laser build, I used 2 of the ones I'm posting a link to, but I have not done allot of testing with it yet. They are very powerful and I have to do some work to my servo router to be able to get a higher blended feedrate. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm....15900d7

I would say if you can run a blended feedrate of at least 3200mm a minute with your machine, then 2W should work good for you.

Jeff

Pabló Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-05-13, 12:03 | Üzenet/Post # 712
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

My laser is rapid traverse 15000mm 1/min can

then this is a good strong 2watt
I looked at it as, what is the current source would be good to
it would be the right lens is?

Pablo83.weebly.com

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-05-13, 13:27 | Üzenet/Post # 713
komoly tag
Pablo,

Yes, that is a good strong 2W. Rapid rate does not matter. It really depends on a blended feedrate your machine can run a g-code based on Constant Velocity settings and your machine mechanics without stalling the stepper or servo motors and loosing steps. Ask Zoli about this problem.

That laser I posted a link to comes with the correct 3 element glass lens.

Jeff

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-05-14, 20:17 | Üzenet/Post # 714
komoly tag
Did this engraving today for a good friend of mine.  up

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 4736489.jpg(142Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-05-14, 22:30 | Üzenet/Post # 715
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Nice, Jeff, very nice.  I like the words, and you have really captured the essence of Einstein, long a favorite of mine.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Pabló Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-05-14, 23:33 | Üzenet/Post # 716
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

for this we can only say that King
great you are!
and thanks for the useful info, maybe then I can so I can show results
How many watts blonde mirror up?

Pabló

Pablo83.weebly.com

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-05-15, 00:16 | Üzenet/Post # 717
komoly tag
Thanks John and Pablo,

Pablo, the blonde angel on mirror was done with my 1W laser engraver. I dithered the image Black and White first and then pulsed the laser with TTL control. 

Jeff

csewe Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-05-15, 04:15 | Üzenet/Post # 718
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Hi Jeff very good work.

Have birch plywood, but my laser does not burn.
It may also be painted.

Csatolások/Attachments: 2761588.jpg(43Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by csewe - Szerda, 2013-05-15, 04:22

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-05-15, 09:18 | Üzenet/Post # 719
alapkő
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 3
Hi guys! I think You will like the idea.

Take a look!

H1i.hu

Pabló Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-05-15, 09:44 | Üzenet/Post # 720
Fontos tag
Amatőr

Ez jó! up
De azért azt jó lenne tudni, hogy hogyan kell hozzá megszerkeszteni a progit, mélységeket!

Pablo83.weebly.com

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 36 / 51«1234353637385051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016