Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 29 / 51«1227282930315051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 03:39 | Üzenet/Post # 561
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
I'll load up .066 tomorrow and see if there is a difference.  I don't really want to start messing with my present setup, so I'll start fresh with all default settings where possible.

I not sure what else it could be at this point, but obviously there is a difference of some kind.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 13:45 | Üzenet/Post # 562
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Hi John.

Thank for helping me is to figure out the cause.
Have tried multiple versions of Mach3 and different computers.
In any case, an error occurred.
Mach3 2.63 AMD 1.6GHz = error.
Mach3 R3.043.010 Pentium = error.
Mach3 R3.042.040 Pentium 1.5GHz = error.
Mach3 R3.042.040 Pentium 3GHz = error.

Which version you tested?
And which version it was error?
And which version it was not error?

Regards Zoli.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 14:01 | Üzenet/Post # 563
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Zoli,

for reference, both my systems are running XP Pro (not home) SP3 Pentium 4 2.80Ghz with 2GB of Ram and the last lockdown version of Mach R3.043.066.

It may be the version of Mach or Windows XP version your running causing the issue. Try loading the latest version of Mach on your 3GHz system and try it.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 15:08 | Üzenet/Post # 564
Fontos tag
Hi Jeff .

Thank you, I will to test.

Regards Zoli.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 17:46 | Üzenet/Post # 565
Fontos tag
Zoli,
I just tested with versions .029, .053, .062, and your code runs good on .053 and .062, and very badly on .029.  I recommend you update your version of Mach3 to at least .062 or .066, and you should get much better results.

With version .062 your code ran in 21 min 12 sec. on my laser machine, but I did not have patience to let it finish running with version .029 - I'm too old now to afford time to wait on it biggrin

If you get an error trying to load one of these later versions, your copy of XP may need to be updated.

Regards,
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 21:09 | Üzenet/Post # 566
komoly tag
Zoli,

I tried your Gcode on my machine today. I have never ran a metric g-code on any of my machines before. John, probably has done it allot since he sells engraving software all over the world. I told myself what the heck, lets see what it will do. When loading, since it was in metric, my DRO counters went crazy with very large numbers. I zeroed them and ran it. It ran fairly smooth. About like a TTL laser code slowly stepping up and down and then back up again. I'm not sure of the reason it jumps on the end of each path line though.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2013-04-02, 21:10

csewe Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-04-03, 13:34 | Üzenet/Post # 567
Fontos tag
The 066 version works fine.
Thank you for your help.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-04-05, 00:56 | Üzenet/Post # 568
Fontos tag
Zoli,
Glad it's working for you now.  I just checked my router machine to see why it ran your code so badly, and discovered I'm still using Mach3 ver. .022, not .066 like I thought.  I don't remember changing it, but it sure didn't change itself.  Yet another senior moment example. sad

Regards,
John

Dave Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-04-05, 01:14 | Üzenet/Post # 569
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Just finished converting my x-axis to ballscrew. 120IPM and no more lead screw whip! More testing tomorrow, and cleaning up the colossal mess I made. wacko

Dave

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-04-05, 03:58 | Üzenet/Post # 570
Fontos tag
Congratulations Dave.  Now get back to work biggrin
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-04-05, 04:29 | Üzenet/Post # 571
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Hi John,

Good news that Yanxin has now finished his controller board - I do hope that he joins our forum and shares his experiences. cool

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

csewe Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-04-06, 16:59 | Üzenet/Post # 572
Fontos tag
Hi Guys

An experiment, the variable speed.
1W laserdeode.
feedrate 75-400 mm/min.
0.3 raster.
150*90mm.
Iron oxide black toner was wooden board.
Of black stripes are there because they slipped on the wooden board.

Zoli

Csatolások/Attachments: 8822030.jpg(50Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-04-06, 17:14 | Üzenet/Post # 573
Fontos tag
Zoli,
Neat!  Congratulations, it's good.  Does the lasered toner smear when rubbed?  I've not been brave enough to try toner, yet  smile .
John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Szombat, 2013-04-06, 17:15

csewe Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-04-06, 17:24 | Üzenet/Post # 574
Fontos tag
John

The iron oxide powder should be washed off.
The moisture is worsen the outcome.

Zoli.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-04-07, 14:30 | Üzenet/Post # 575
komoly tag
Nice job Zoli,

That's a very good start. I believe you may get better results and be able to run faster by just burning directly onto the wood without using the toner.

Well, I thought we were getting full power out of the dual laser, but we found out that was not the case. We had a hard time getting one of the lenses to focus properly and it was sticking out more then the other one was. I thought there may be an inconsistency in the assembly of the diode in the housing or maybe the lens. 

After looking at everything closely, we found that one of the 3 element lenses had a blue coating instead of gold. The blue ones are for red laser diodes and it was reflecting the blue laser beam and is why we had a problem. The seller sent us the correct lens and we clamped the laser down onto my router table horizontally with a piece of anodized aluminum the right distance from it to focus the lenses. 

Whoa, I thought this thing was powerful before, it has much more power now. It even burnt the anodize on the aluminum after a short time focused onto it. I took a piece of 1/16" thick automotive gasket material which is heat resistant and slowly move it through the beam and it cut it in half without much problem.  

We discovered a new use for the router. CNC gasket cutting.   

I can see some 3D thin wood puzzle projects in the future also.  thumb thumb

Now, I just hope we can get my router to run at the higher blended feedrates this laser will require for doing the 8bit engravings. I believe it has enough power that we may be able to use Thermark or Cermark on metal or glass with it too. 

Jeff 

Dave Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-04-07, 14:45 | Üzenet/Post # 576
aktív tag
Sounds great Jeff! Where did you find the diodes and lenses, and how are they powered?
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-04-07, 22:57 | Üzenet/Post # 577
komoly tag
Hi Dave,

Here is the laser diode I purchased and it comes with an AR coated 3 element glass lens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm....9.l2649

The reason I chose this one was it had an ESD built onto it, copper module and the output power was more then 2W. I'm using the dual Denmark driver with the max5451 digital potentiometer to take the step and direction from Mach to vary the modulation. We just did this test with the 5V from the USB port because my servo router is not wired for it yet. The dual driver is set to 2A each channel @ 5V input to the modulation. The seller claims some have 2.5A going to these laser diodes, but he recommends 2.1A max.

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-08, 04:11 | Üzenet/Post # 578
aktív tag
Thanks Jeff!
Dave

yywind Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-08, 04:50 | Üzenet/Post # 579
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 7
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hello, everyone, newbie here.  biggrin

Thanks for Tweakie, John and Jeff inviting me here and all the great helps/information you and other friends generously provided! Just want to report what I have found out so far. A little background, I am using Dave's DAC converter, a home made laser driver based on Die4Drive, and a M140 diode. The problem I was facing is the horizontal thin lines, every pass of the laser point will leave a thin line and no matter how I focus the laser or even swapping X/Y, the thin line is always there. It turns out to be related to M140 diode, it's shape is not round(too bad I didn't realized that at beginning), it's a long rectangle and the long side happens to be vertical to my Y axis. I turned the diode 90 degrees and the thin line is gone. Maybe I'll try to turn it as different angle to get a balance between resolution and overall quality. Or, maybe just getting a new diode with round shape. Thank you for all the helps you provided, will post a picture if I can get a decent picture burned.

Yanxin

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by yywind - Hétfő, 2013-04-08, 06:39

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-08, 07:42 | Üzenet/Post # 580
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Hi Yanxin,

Welcome to the forum (it's about time you got over here biggrin ) .

It is a function of the design of diode lasers (waveguide) which makes the output beam rectangular in section, however, the multi-element lenses usually manage to focus a dot which is pretty much circular. Perhaps a better quality lens may help.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 29 / 51«1227282930315051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016