Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 28 / 51«1226272829305051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-27, 13:10 | Üzenet/Post # 541
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Hi Dave,

your right, it may work with some of those springs, but what I'm up against with this machine that it's 48"X48" travel. I would have to get the 52" travel ones and attach to the X&Y. The Z does not need any. If I laser engraved an image that was 10"X10" with a .007" pixel resolution, that would be 1428 back an forth movements on one of the axis's. If the 2.32LBS tension would stop the vibration, that would only be 35 projects before it would be at the end of the cycle life of 50,000. I'm sure it would go past that cycle life, but how far?

I had thought about attaching a cable to the the X &Y axis with a pulley at the end of the frame that had a weight with a block & tackle that would go up and down half the 48" travel as the axis moved and put some tension on it.  Then I thought what more issues will this create and I would have to put out another fire.

My K2CNC servo has 36"X24" travel and will not need to do anything to it. I extensively modified and reworked it before. The manufacture had it bolted down to a steel welded frame which twisted it considerably. The frame is extruded aluminum and they had a 3/8" thick aluminum table that was not flat worth a crap either and it only had a 3" spaced 1/4-20 tapped hole pattern. I also beefed up the gantry and made sure everything was square. I made a 3/4" thick aluminum table with 5/16-18 tapped 1" spaced hole pattern to clamp things down. I mounted the router frame to the steel frame with rubber isolation mounts so it would not twist any. I then surfaced the top of it with the router spindle to insure flatness. This 3/4" table is now the backbone of the machine and I get no vibration. I'm not getting anymore then .001" out of flatness on the table anywhere also. The spindle is a Precise brand 45,000 RPM max variable speed 1/2HP grinding spindle. I turned this CNC wood router into a precision machinist CNC engraving machine and I'm just not willing to do the same with the PlasmaCam machine.

All I need to do now is adapt the laser to the Precise spindle clamp and wire it up.

Sorry Tweakie, I know this info should have been in the machine section of the forum. One day when I find time, I will take some pictures of it and post them over there.  v

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-27, 14:18 | Üzenet/Post # 542
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Idézet (JJWMACHINECO)
Sorry Tweakie, I know this info should have been in the machine section of the forum. One day when I find time, I will take some pictures of it and post them over there. 

No problems at all Jeff - we are a small group here and I am sure none of us will mind any thread straying off-topic - we are all learning and that is the most important thing. ok

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

csewe Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-03-28, 19:49 | Üzenet/Post # 543
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 1
I made a test by variable feed rate.
If Mach3 200 mm / min over, he starts to stall.
If Linuxcnc there is no error.
What software do you use?
What are your experiences?
I attach a test G code.

Mine is machine 50% went well over faltered.
Csatolások/Attachments: test_variable_f.tap(356Kb) · 6019673.jpg(44Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by csewe - Péntek, 2013-03-29, 05:46

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 12:26 | Üzenet/Post # 544
komoly tag
Zoli,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, I will try to give an answer.

200mm min seems very slow before your motor stalls in Mach3. You may have your accelerations set to high and that is causing the stalling. Using variable feed rates for engraving needs higher accelerations to get good results, but your CNC router motors may not be able to change the feed rates quickly enough.

I have no experience with Linuxcnc, but you must have the motor accelerations set differently in that program.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

csewe Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 18:02 | Üzenet/Post # 545
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

The behavior is as if each G code line after the brake, the engine would start again.
The engine does not lose a step, just going intermittently.
Please try the test G code to your machine that even go intermittently.

Zoli.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 18:17 | Üzenet/Post # 546
komoly tag
Zoli,

That g-code is set for metric (MM) and my machine is set for inches. Try getting someone in the Hungarian forum to try running it. The issue may be in your constant velocity settings.

Jeff

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 18:22 | Üzenet/Post # 547
alapvető tag
Another thing that crossed my mind, after reading Jeff’s suggestion about acceleration…

I think Mach3 still has a problem with it's acceleration / deceleration ramp which, I understand, is still trapezoid whilst other motion controllers may be using a better S shaped curve.

It may be worth trying the discontinued 'Tempest' motion controller (this can be downloaded from the Tempest thread on the Artsoft forum) as this makes a better job of implementing the S curve - it certainly performs better (faster) for 3D work.

Just a thought.

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 18:30 | Üzenet/Post # 548
komoly tag
That's interesting Tweakie,

Can you post a link to the download? It may help with the new laser for the faster feedrates it needs. I just ordered a UC100 USB motion controller also for my servo router.

Thanks. Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2013-03-29, 18:37

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 18:58 | Üzenet/Post # 549
alapvető tag
Hi Jeff,

I think there are two (perhaps more) versions in this thread - look for the latest one. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12042.0.html

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 19:30 | Üzenet/Post # 550
komoly tag
Thanks Tweakie,

Looks like a have allot of reading and experimenting ahead of me to do.  surprised

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 20:25 | Üzenet/Post # 551
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Idézet (csewe)
Please try the test G code to your machine that even go intermittently.
Zoli,

I tried your code with both metric and inch settings, and it runs very roughly (intermittently).  I tried different Mach3 settings, but I could not find any that would make it run smooth.  I think it is just the nature of gcode, certainly the way Mach3 implements it.  I have no experience with LinuxCNC

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

csewe Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-29, 21:04 | Üzenet/Post # 552
Fontos tag
picengraver

Thank you for testing.
This picture of the G code.
Csatolások/Attachments: nvtelen00.bmp(37Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-03-31, 20:45 | Üzenet/Post # 553
komoly tag
Did some testing today with the UC100 USB controller http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html and thanks to Tweakie's info, Tempest.

Since I always had an issue with the K2CNC controller's power supply being cheesy with low amp output, I had to jump the reset button for the Gecko G320's a long time ago so it would not keep shutting down. The power supply is just a 24VAC transformer, like you would buy from Radio Shack and a full wave bridge rectifier to convert to DC.

I have been setting Mach3 to 35khz and would get 250IPM rapids max with a 25 acceleration out of it without the motors just plain getting lost because of to much amp draw and of course me jumping the reset.  facepalm

This is the results I have using the UC100. I was able to set Mach to 100khz with out any problems. Never been able to do that before. I can now run at 275IPM rapid max and have the acceleration still set at 25 without issues. I can back off the rapid rate to 250IPM and increase the acceleration to 40. What I figured out is my accelerations are limited by the amp output of my power supply. Also, if you have another parallel port you use with your Mach system for a MPG like I do, the UC100 driver will disable it and will no longer work. New controller build in the works.  smok

I ran a test program generated by PEP4 and the blended feedrate is 135IPM max when I set the feedrate to 200IPM. I did load Tempest, but with my weak power supply, I can not test the higher blended feedrates to even test it fully.

Happy Easter everyone. Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Hétfő, 2013-04-01, 02:00

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-03-31, 22:52 | Üzenet/Post # 554
Fontos tag
Hi Jeff,
You do know that you are getting harder and harder to keep up with, don't you?  smile

I was looking at the UC100 controller the other day and wondering if it was worth an investment, and now I see that you have one.

I'll be interested in reading about your opinion of the UC100 when you have had enough evaluation time.  Others here might be, too.

Thanks,
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-01, 00:37 | Üzenet/Post # 555
komoly tag
John,

I'm impressed with it so far, but need to do some more testing when I get more amps to my servos motors so can increase the accelerations considerably . If you do decide to buy one, don't get it off eBay. That seller is asking to much for it. I purchased this one from cnc4pc here in Fl. $20 cheaper.

Jeff

csewe Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-01, 05:40 | Üzenet/Post # 556
Fontos tag
The UC100 Hungarian developed.
We have our own topic to the developer, the yellow board.

http://sgforum.hu/listaza....obbycnc

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-01, 07:37 | Üzenet/Post # 557
alapvető tag
Hi Jeff,

Good information about the grunt of the PSU having a direct affect on acceleration. ok

I look forward to hearing more about your testing with the UC100.

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-04-01, 19:29 | Üzenet/Post # 558
komoly tag
I have been robbed!!

Well, really my Gecko's sure have been robbed of power all these years. Put an analog amp meter on the input to one of the Gecko's and it's only drawing 1 amp when I am running it at 275IPM max rapid speed. The 24VDC servo motor says 3.5A and 2800RPM. The current limit trim pot on the G320 is turned to max, but it looks like it's being starved of amps by this power supply and that is why I can not increase the accelerations any more without issues.

I guess I did not have Tempest loaded correctly after all, but figured it out today. Did a test  and it really conflicts with the UC100 controller and would keep shutting it down and disabling it. Hooked back up my parallel port and tried it. No matter what tempest planner setting I used, the blended feedrate slowed down considerably on a laser engraving Gcode then it did before. It may work good for other types of high speed CNC machining, but I can't see it working good for laser engraving at these high speeds where the axis positions are constantly changing every .008". I did not try VFR with it, but I will do some more experimenting with that later.

I really just need to rebuild this servo controller with a new power supply and breakout board. 

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 01:33 | Üzenet/Post # 559
Fontos tag
Zoli,
I have just posted the following message on the Mach3 Yahoo group, and I want to share it here also:
Joey,
When I tested Zoli's code, my laser machine was not available, so I used my
larger router (with a SmoothStepper/Geckos). I had assumed both machines would
run the same. Not true.

I just went out and tested Zoli's code on my laser machine (PPort amd HobbyCNC
controller) and it runs very smooth, as in Extremely Smooth. Absolutely no
jerking or hesitation or feed rate going to zero. So, now I am puzzled. There
has to be something different in the two machines. I run .066 on the large
machine and .062 on the laser machine. Perhaps that is it. Unfortunately, each
of my machines is in a different location, so I can not compare M3 settings just
now.

I also compiled Zoli's image with my program in inch mode and ran the gcode, and
it is just as smooth, so it is not likely a difference in gcode format or
metric/inch.

I will be happy to work with you off line to see if we can figure out why this
is happening (probably would take up too much bandwidth to do it on the group).
Please PM me at: picengraveATverizon.net.

Regards,
John Champlain
Zoli, I am very surprised at my results, but it seems that we now have a
mystery to figure out.  Tomorrow I will do more testing as I think this
is an important issue that must be resolved for all of us.  At this time
I am unsure, but it seems there must be something in Mach3 causing the
jerkiness you are seeing, and that I saw in my larger machine.  What
version of Mach3 do you use?  I want to load it up and try it on my
laser machine.

Regards,
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-04-02, 03:15 | Üzenet/Post # 560
komoly tag
Sounds like the same thing that was happening when I ran the Tempest planner. The blended feedrate dropped to 30IPM where the same g-code was running 135IPM before. I'm running the latest lockdown version .066 on both my machines.

Jeff

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 28 / 51«1226272829305051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016