Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 27 / 51«1225262728295051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-19, 00:41 | Üzenet/Post # 521
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Friends,
I burned this one today with variable feed rate on cheap plywood (birch?).  I used 12/60 ipm, 0.008 inch pixel resolution, and .58 amps diode current.  Probably should have used a little more current.

I have found that trying to produce optimized gcode (with the repetitious moves removed) does not work well with variable feed rate due to acceleration and deceleration of the axis not being consistent line to line.  This causes  small dark spots to be burned in an image that are not in the original when transitioning into and out of pure white areas.  It's not a major issue, just increases gcode file size and number of code lines, and image burning time.

So far the feed rate values I have used have been calculated to 4 decimal places (inches), but I am just now trying 2 decimal places just to see if a difference occurs in image quality.  I'm not sure just how much resolution Mach3 needs for a variable feed rate yet.

Zoli, thank you for sharing your idea with us.  Hope you are up and running soon.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 2060622.jpg(83Kb)

I paint with a blue light beam.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-19, 07:34 | Üzenet/Post # 522
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 978
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
As always, excellent work John. cool

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-19, 09:16 | Üzenet/Post # 523
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Hey guys

Today I tried the laser, but unfortunately it does not work.
I wrote to the distributor.
Asked to help.
I hope soon I can use the laser.

Zoli

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-19, 09:47 | Üzenet/Post # 524
alapvető tag
Hi Zoli,

Sorry to hear that - I hope you can get it fixed OK.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-20, 11:32 | Üzenet/Post # 525
Fontos tag
Tweakie, thank you.  Much appreciated.

Zoli, we share in your frustrations and disappointments.  Hope you soon resolve the problem.

John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-20, 21:04 | Üzenet/Post # 526
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 442
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
VFR 65/25 .008" pixel resolution on a white backed mirror. Mirror is backlit. Edited PEP4 g-code file so I could ellipse the border.

Jeff

Hozzáadva (2013-03-20, 21:04)
---------------------------------------------
Forgot to mention that I ran my laser at full power.

Csatolások/Attachments: 1843349.jpg(124Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-20, 23:41 | Üzenet/Post # 527
Fontos tag
WOW!  Stunning.  The contrast is really good on this one.  I think you still have some secrets up
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-20, 23:47 | Üzenet/Post # 528
komoly tag
Thanks John.

I did not have very good luck with the dark grey backed mirrors using VFR, but the white ones came out allot better. The vertical lines in the picture are from the florescent light I used behind it and are not in the engraving.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Csütörtök, 2013-03-21, 02:36

csewe Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-03-21, 06:12 | Üzenet/Post # 529
Fontos tag
Everyone here is very nice things to prepare.
Hard to catch up.

Zoli

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-03-21, 07:55 | Üzenet/Post # 530
alapvető tag
Very nice work indeed Jeff. cool

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 00:47 | Üzenet/Post # 531
komoly tag
Sorry guys for such a long time to respond. I do appreciate it, but I have been on a mission.

This information is for the critics concerning using two 445nm laser diodes focused to the same intersecting point. I'm sorry to say, but all of you are wrong, except for John. There is no interference.

Idézet (picengraver)
the output power (heat) of one source (laser) can not subtract (or make disappear) the heat from the output of another separate source (laser).

Unfortunately I have to report my success and my failures. The laser build is a complete success, but the implementation on the machine I used was a complete failure. Running at the speeds this 4-5W laser needs to keep from just frying everything in it's path, the image quality came out terrible. I tried TTL, VFR and analog using the MAX5451. Analog came out the best, but came out a little blurry and with oscillation lines. I attached a picture that I engraved and ran it at 150IPM with a .008" pixel resolution. There is to much vibration running at these speeds with this PlasmaCam frame. I will be mounting the Frankenstein laser on my K2CNC servo router. It has ball screws and linear ball bearing ways and can handle the speeds this laser requires without any vibration.

If you notice in the picture of the heat sink half, there is 3 lasers in this build. The center one is a red spot laser for aligning up the material.

Maybe my next build will be four 445nm laser diodes.  smok

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 7597978.jpg(111Kb) · 4125785.jpg(112Kb) · 2433972.jpg(147Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2013-03-26, 02:43

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 02:48 | Üzenet/Post # 532
Fontos tag
up X 2

Well done.
John

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 05:51 | Üzenet/Post # 533
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

Very creative solution.
Good to see your success.
Congratulations.

Zoli

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 13:40 | Üzenet/Post # 534
komoly tag
Thanks John and thank you Zoli.

Zoli, can't wait to see your work when you get up and running.

It will be awhile before I can adapt this to my other router. I have to take the heat sink apart again to re-machine it to fit the spindle clamp and do all the wiring.

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 14:49 | Üzenet/Post # 535
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Looks good Jeff!
I use one of these to take up the slack and vibration on my ball-screwed Y axis: 
  http://www.mcmaster.com/#constant-force-springs/=m1nt4c

Originally I was using it on the Z axis to take up some of the weight of the router.

I've done some testing over the past couple of weeks with dye (RIT fabric dye) in an effort to come up with something that burns easier. It does color the wood, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference on the burn.

I did find some whitish luan ply in my scrap bin. It burns very easily - I'm able to get an acceptable picture at 120 IPM and 80% power. I haven't been able to find more of it locally though, every place has it with a brownish color. It burns the same as the whitish color does, but has much more grain to it.

Dave

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 16:18 | Üzenet/Post # 536
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

Replaced a faulty laser diode.
Very good burn.
But now I can not test.
The weather is bad and cold in the workshop.

Zoli.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 16:59 | Üzenet/Post # 537
komoly tag
Thanks for that info Dave.

That's interesting. I have see those type of springs before, just never attached to anything. When I apply just a little hand pressure to the carriage, the vibration seems to go away and I guess the spring would do the same. The only drawback I can see is crap will coil up in the spring over time and would need constant cleaning, especially if this machine was used for wood working also. Also with the cycle life they have, they would need replacing allot. I would not want to get slapped in the head with one of those when they fail and break.  biggrin  

I'm surprised your getting 120IPM with a stepper setup even with a ball screw. My mini router has nema 23 steppers and 80IPM is pushing it without stalling. I have my motor tuning set for 70IPM so they do not stall when it rapids. Do you have larger then nema 23 motors on your machine?

Zoli, it's going to get down to -2C tonight here in North Florida and can imagine how cold it is there. Dave, are you staying warm enough up there in NY? 

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 17:26 | Üzenet/Post # 538
Fontos tag
Jeff,
It sounds as if the carriage is low mass, leading me to wonder if adding some lead weight would help with the vibration.  Just a thought.
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-26, 19:20 | Üzenet/Post # 539
komoly tag
John, that's a good idea too, but I could spend weeks putting out fires with this build to make the laser work properly on it, or just move on and it can be used just for a CNC wood router as initially planned. It was not a good idea to implement both processes on the same machine anyway.  fool

I had to stiffen it up and add some mass so it could handle a Dewalt DWP611 on it to begin with.

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-27, 01:43 | Üzenet/Post # 540
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I found hand pressure helped absorb the vibration too. I've had the spring in use for over a year on the z axis, and it shows no sign of metal fatigue. While using a router, I had no trouble with stuff getting wrapped up in it.
My steppers are nema23, 200 oz/in. The ball screw is 5/8" diameter, 13/64" thread pitch (about 5 mm or .201" per turn) and is directly coupled to the motor shaft. The 120IPM in the gcode nets out to 108-112 ipm in the mach display. I haven't tried pushing a router with it yet. It does have enough force to overcome the 8lb resistance of the spring without complaining.
Dave

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 27 / 51«1225262728295051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2017