Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 25 / 51«1223242526275051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-01, 11:31 | Üzenet/Post # 481
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Thanks Tweakie,
But I never claimed to understand what I'm talking about smile .

Back to the books.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Dave Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-01, 13:23 | Üzenet/Post # 482
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment describes the experiment with two light sources. I was trying to think of it yesterday, but nothing happened. wacko
Dave

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-03-01, 13:44 | Üzenet/Post # 483
Fontos tag
Yeh Dave,
I know the feeling.  I'm always trying to think and nothing happens biggrin
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 00:26 | Üzenet/Post # 484
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Took a little break and did a test today to compare varying the feedrate to varying the power on Birch Ply. Used the same edited (7.5"X9.5") sized image for both with .008" pixel resolution. Adjusted gamma to .8 and sharpened to 20. First one I varied the feedrate and set the max at 60IPM and min at 20IPM. Had to set it for litho code so dark areas would run slowest. The run time was 3 hours 54 minutes. Second one I varied the power and set the feed at the average of the first one at 40IPM. It ran a little less at 3 hours 48 minutes. Not much difference in time. Time would be based on if the image was darker or lighter.

The only thing that concerns me varying the feedrate is running my laser diode at full power for long periods of time. Good thing it was a little chilly here in north Florida so it ran fairly cool.

The varied feedrate image came out pretty good, but the varied power one is sharper on the detail.

John, it's your call on making anymore changes to your program. If you could allow the third axis letter be changed to a F and the min and max depths be a positive number, it would work without any editing. Except me having to add a Z-.0255 after M03 to have my laser run at the desired power. I myself would like to see the changes made because it does have potential for lasering shades without need of an analog modulated driver. This would work good for harder to burn materials where I have been using TTL instead. I believe with a little more experimentation with the feedrates and settings, I could get it to improve considerably on the detail.

Csatolások/Attachments: 8804206.jpg(110Kb) · 0427966.jpg(126Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 00:49

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 02:11 | Üzenet/Post # 485
Fontos tag
WOW!  Amazing work, Jeff - both images.

Will send a PM later.
John

csewe Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 07:03 | Üzenet/Post # 486
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Hírnév/Fame: 1
JJWMACHINECO

Very nice work.
Now I know that the feed is changing the image of good becomes
In my program.
Link:http://data.hu/get/6243880/G-ray-eng.rar
Please try it.
Best regards,
csewe.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 13:27 | Üzenet/Post # 487
komoly tag
Idézet (csewe)
JJWMACHINECO,   
Very nice work.
Now I know that the feed is changing the image of good becomes
In my program.
Link:http://data.hu/get/6243880/G-ray-eng.rar
Please try it.
Best regards,
csewe.

Thanks CSEWE.

That's what I like about this forum. Everyone sharing there ideas freely to help each other out for there ultimate goal to improve there passions of creating CNC art. Your variable feedrate idea to create shades has allot of potential, with the one drawback like I have stated before. Running the laser diode at full power for long periods of time may shorten the life of it.

This may be well suited for Mach or other g-code controller software for running a C02 laser where powering at higher levels for longer periods of time does not hurt. It appears that Tweakie is stuck on properly engraving 8bit shades with his C02 and it may be his answer to resolving it easily without any complicated control circuitry. The image he posted using your program looks like he is on the right track.

I downloaded your program and it looks good. I will give it a try today with my laser.

Thanks again. Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Dave Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 14:18 | Üzenet/Post # 488
aktív tag
Jeff,
Both of those images look very very good!
Dave

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 15:11 | Üzenet/Post # 489
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Idézet
It appears that Tweakie is stuck on properly engraving 8bit shades with his C02 and it may be his answer to resolving it easily without any complicated control circuitry. The image he posted using your program looks like he is on the right track.

Hi Jeff,

No problems here I just did not want to post anything CO2 in the Diode thread http://kiskz.ucoz.hu/_fr/1/1047221.jpg

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-03-04, 16:02 | Üzenet/Post # 490
komoly tag
Hi Tweakie,

I seen those images you posted in that thread and I thought you claimed you pulsed your laser with the impact/laser plugin in Mach that you modified. Sorry, maybe I read it wrong.

Jeff

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 00:08 | Üzenet/Post # 491
komoly tag
csewe, I tried your program today and I must have something set wrong. The g-code ran real rough and it just made small square grid patterns instead of creating any image with shades. I attached a screen shot of the settings I used. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm using inches instead of MM, but I changed the G21 to a G20 so it should have worked fine. The size look alright when it started to engrave, but not long afterwards I stopped it when I seen there was a problem.

I forgot to say, thanks Dave.

Thanks. Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 7908983.jpg(105Kb) · 8684405.jpg(93Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2013-03-05, 00:11

elektron Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 00:37 | Üzenet/Post # 492
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 229
JJWMACHINECO,

this is a dotted unvisible girl beauty.  smile

Dave Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 03:54 | Üzenet/Post # 493
aktív tag
Did some testing on artist's canvas today at 80% power and 50IPM to do this image of an ocelot. I'm always having trouble judging how an image is going to come out, so I've been using an image processing program to automatically adjust contrast/brightness/balance, and adding a fuzzy white border to prevent overburn at the end of a raster line.
Dave

Csatolások/Attachments: 2564676.jpg(89Kb)

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 06:08 | Üzenet/Post # 494
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

I checked the same setting, but could not find the error.
G64 result in a softer running, but less contrast in the image.
The shades next to each other should not be a big difference.
Variable feed rate is not good when the black and white side by side with.
Please try picengraver program grid patterns, replace the shaft F word.
Probably will behave like my program I had.
Please send me a defective G code.
I examine.
My adress: csarpan.z@freemail.hu

csewe.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 10:17 | Üzenet/Post # 495
komoly tag
Dave, that came out very good. Glad to see your back in the saddle again. Did you change your other axis's to ball screws? I have my acceleration set to 60 on my machine with ball screws and do not get any overburn.

csewe, that's the same greyscale image I did with PicEngrave I posted in #484, but had to convert it to a BMP file because your program will not except JPG. That may be one problem I'm getting. I found when lasering shades, more contrast (sharpen) makes the detail come out more when engraving. I'm using Constant Velocity (G64). I will have to look to see if your program placed a G61 in the beginning and changed it.

Please post some images you laser engraved with your program.

Thanks. Jeff

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 11:37 | Üzenet/Post # 496
Fontos tag
JJWMACHINECO

Unfortunately my machine, not finished yet.
I still need 1-2 weeks for the trial run.
Zolibá tried 1W laser, but with little success.
1w laser not burn a light-colored wood.
It is therefore used in the fake trees, but it's disturbing pattern.
Small streaks.

Csatolások/Attachments: 2530140.jpg(136Kb) · 4599874.jpg(59Kb) · 6986735.jpg(122Kb) · 1720066.jpg(120Kb)

Dave Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 14:51 | Üzenet/Post # 497
aktív tag
Hi Jeff,
I've only done the y-axis ball screw so far, but plan to convert the x-axis as well. I'll play with the acceleration a bit when I get a chance. Gimp's fuzzy border filter makes adding that pretty easy, it fades the image to white over a specifiable pixel distance. And the auto-processing feature in Photoimpact is much better than my eyeballs at getting the contrast/brightness to something usable.
Dave

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 15:30 | Üzenet/Post # 498
Fontos tag
Very. very nice Dave. 

I use Gimp a lot, too, and Inkscape.  Both are excellent for free programs.

Looks like you and Jeff are going to "force" me into getting a better machine, just so I can keep up with the two of you. biggrin

John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-03-05, 22:28 | Üzenet/Post # 499
komoly tag
Did this one today with PEP and used high feedrate at 60IPM and low at 20IPM with litho code and cranked up my acceleration to 75. Backed off my laser power some to make it lighter.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 0187010.jpg(164Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-03-06, 02:22 | Üzenet/Post # 500
Fontos tag
Jeff and I both have been busy today, but his output is much, much better than mine, even the laser engraving biggrin

This is the best I could do today with variable feed rate quickly added to PEP.  My machine needs to be faster to burn lighter.  I ran this one at .0075" resolution, 58/10 ipm feed rate, and .625 amps max. on my diode, which normally I run at 1.6 amps.  Took 1hr 53 min.  The wood itself is a little dark, which contributes some, and maybe all, of the darkness.  Tomorrow I'll try some lighter colored Baltic Birch ply and some artist canvas.

I have included the original for comparison.

Nonetheless, I am very pleased with the detail that variable feed rate achieved in the image.  My thanks to csewe for his contributions.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 7245174.jpg(109Kb) · 7541209.jpg(61Kb)

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 25 / 51«1223242526275051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016