Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 18 / 51«1216171819205051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 09:07 | Üzenet/Post # 341
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Excellent work John.

Wait till Zoltan sees those biggrin biggrin

Tweakie.

(Just a note for others that follow - modern mirrors, depending on their origin, are almost always 'Lead-free' but precautions should always be taken to avoid inhaling the dust / fumes produced when working with mirrors).

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 12:17 | Üzenet/Post # 342
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
John,

That is pretty slick. Is that something new with the mirror you just came up with, or is that something you have been holding out on us until now? That mirror engraving of the model you posted I can see why your very proud to display her portrait on here. She is one pretty lady!

Also, I was wondering if it was a big deal to change something in your program? When I go to put stock size in I use the numbers down below and noticed it rounds it off to 2 decimal places. Can that be changed so it will display exactly what the image size is in 4 decimal places? The reason I ask is because sometimes the warning comes up about checking your stock size because the image may be slightly larger then what it displays.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 13:53 | Üzenet/Post # 343
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hi Jeff,
No, not holding out. Just had two or three false starts until I worked out a method. I think I first saw a reference to mirror engraving on either CNCZone or another forum.

Many thanks for your kind comments. I told her she can tell her friends she is now an International Model biggrin biggrin .

The size warning is a nuisance message now. Originally, the stock size was used to calculate material center, but the centering method was changed sometime ago at Tweakie's suggestion for my PicLaser program, and material size really serves no function just now. I left it in as I intended to write a new centering method using it later, and also do an expanded edging/border routine. It can be safely ignored for now. Unless you see a need for it, I may just delete it next update.

John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Dave Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 13:53 | Üzenet/Post # 344
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
I'm not sure that the material size makes much of a difference, I've been using the bed size of my machine apparently without problems.
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 14:59 | Üzenet/Post # 345
komoly tag
Dave,

I guess it's just the machinist nature in me to try to input the information that the program asks for in a precise manner. I have been typing in that information ever since I started using PEP that I now learned for NO DAMN REASON. facepalm

I just need to start changing my way of thinking to, IT'S DAMN CLOSE ENOUGH FOR WOOD WORKING. laugh

Yea John, it's just a nuisance. I will just change those values to the size of my machine shop so that message will go away. biggrin biggrin

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2013-01-15, 15:00

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 16:19 | Üzenet/Post # 346
Fontos tag
Idézet (JJWMACHINECO)
I have been typing in that information ever since I started using PEP that I now learned for NO DAMN REASON. facepalm

Sorry, Jeff (fingers crossed behind my back here biggrin )

There have been so many changes to PEP that I'm not sure even I can keep track of them (and I try to make good notes).

I am glad now that at least I can now see some of the issues firsthand that y'all have been seeing and reporting.

I am thinking about adding the dithering routines to PEP. Do you think that would be a beneficial improvement?

John

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Kedd, 2013-01-15, 16:20

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-15, 16:25 | Üzenet/Post # 347
komoly tag
Idézet (JJWMACHINECO)
You will just need to add PicDither to the edit program.

Idézet (picengraver)
I am thinking about adding the dithering routines to PEP. Do you think that would be a beneficial improvement?

Yes, please. biggrin

Jeff

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Kedd, 2013-01-15, 21:25

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 09:45 | Üzenet/Post # 348
alapvető tag
Hi Jeff,

Is there any chance you could post a picture of your rotary engraved / laser engraved train - taken at a slight angle in order to show the depth effect of the combination of the two processes ?

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 15:31 | Üzenet/Post # 349
komoly tag
Hey Tweakie,

I don't know if you can see the depth in these pictures or not, but here they are at 2 different angles.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 9909478.jpg(125Kb) · 8568874.jpg(129Kb)

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 16:41 | Üzenet/Post # 350
Fontos tag
Jeff,
These are great. To me, it looks like the train is driving off of the surface; especially in the second picture. I suspect it might be more so viewing in true 3D (i.e. in person).

Dither routines in PEP almost completed. Just some minor polishing left. Update soon.

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 17:06 | Üzenet/Post # 351
alapvető tag
Thanks Jeff, they certainly do look great. cool

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 20:47 | Üzenet/Post # 352
Fontos tag
I made this nightlight for a special young relative of my wife's. He is very proud of his old John Deere tractor, which he enjoys entering into tractor pulling contests.

The image was burned in lithophane mode. I ran Mach3 in exact stop mode, and only had to lightly wash off the residue left from burning with soap and a soft cloth - no scrubbing. To get a more even light distribution from the bulb, I taped a piece of white printer paper to the back of the mirror.

Oak box and 5" x 5" mirror. Two hours laser time. Lettering was burned separately using Cut2D for the gcode. Last name smeared for privacy.

Regards All,
John.

Csatolások/Attachments: 7524300.jpg(57Kb) · 5745545.jpg(49Kb) · 3107513.jpg(58Kb)

Vasspisti Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 21:45 | Üzenet/Post # 353
barátkozó tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 81
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Idézet (picengraver)
I made this nightlight

Very nice work John.
What kind of bulb did you use? Does it make warm? Will this gap enough to remove heated air from inside?

Vasspisti

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by Vasspisti - Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 22:04

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-01-20, 22:52 | Üzenet/Post # 354
Fontos tag
Thank you. The bulb is only 4 watts, and after 2+ hours only a very little warmth can be felt on the mirror surface.

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-01-21, 07:53 | Üzenet/Post # 355
alapvető tag
Excellent work John, that is really beautiful cool

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-01-21, 10:38 | Üzenet/Post # 356
komoly tag
John,

That is excellent work. You are on a roll, that's for sure. I need to give mirror engraving a try. cool

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-22, 03:44 | Üzenet/Post # 357
Fontos tag
Tweakie and Jeff,

Thank you.

Jeff, having seen your work with wood, I'm really interested in seeing what you do with mirrors.

John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-24, 14:51 | Üzenet/Post # 358
komoly tag
OK John, here it is.

This was done with a $1 mirror that is 10X8 that came from my local dollar store. Used litho setting and ran it at 25IPM with a .007" pixel resolution. Darn thing took 7 hours 20 minutes to engrave. My wife wanted me to engrave an angel on it, so this is the photo I chose. Wow, what an angel. biggrin

This is how the front came out without doing anything to the back of it. I found out the best way to take a picture of a mirror engraving is to do it at an angle in the dark and use the flash. I tried to take it in the light straight on, but my ugly mug kept coming up in the picture. laugh

Strange how the darker burnt areas on the back came up lighter on the front so the image did not come out inverted.

Csatolások/Attachments: 4896525.jpg(154Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-24, 17:00 | Üzenet/Post # 359
alapvető tag
Excellent work Jeff. cool

Now, where about's does your wife want you to put this little angel ? biggrin biggrin

Tweakie.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-24, 17:09 | Üzenet/Post # 360
komoly tag
Thanks Tweakie,

I think she said something about wanting it in the bathroom to put her makeup on. laugh

Jeff

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 18 / 51«1216171819205051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016