Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 16 / 51«1214151617185051»
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Diode Lasers.
JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-01-07, 14:29 | Üzenet/Post # 301
komoly tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Tried this one using Rotary/Lithophane code in PEP4. Engraved it with a 1/16" BEM @ Z-.125 depth. That was the LOC of that tool and I wanted to do it in 1 pass. I think it would have been better @ Z-.100" but I'm pleased with the results. I believe it would come out better using a 1/32" BEM also, because John's program is setup for a V-bit. The smaller the BEM, the more detail and defined edge transitions of the original rotary engraving would be before I laser engrave it. A V-bit would have left the deeper (black to white) cuts ramped in at the angle of the tool instead of the sharper transitions that a small BEM will give you. Maybe I need to try Laser Greyscale/Lithophane code to engrave it first also.

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 3125612.jpg(181Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Hétfő, 2013-01-07, 14:30

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-01-07, 16:15 | Üzenet/Post # 302
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Nice work Jeff, that certainly adds a lot more depth and extra interest to an image. cool

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-01-07, 20:32 | Üzenet/Post # 303
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Very nice Jeff.

It is becoming harder to keep up with you smile

Best Regards,
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-08, 15:24 | Üzenet/Post # 304
komoly tag
Thanks again guys. biggrin

This one came out allot better. I used a 1/32" BEM with .008" pixel resolution and horizontal cut at 3/32" depth (LOC of BEM) running @ 40IPM. I used Laser Greyscale/Lithophane code to cut it.

I spent a little more time aligning it up in the laser engraver this time. By the looks of it, I think I got the last one a little off. It's not easy going from one CNC router to another to do this and have it track in the same path. Good thing both of my CNC routers have ball screws on the X&Y for them to be accurate enough to get the results that I'm getting. Ran the laser at .008" pixel resolution with Laser Greyscale and Output Laser Gcode with Horizontal & Vertical setting running @ 50IPM.

I'm considering in the future adding a Laser that clamps onto my Precise brand spindle housing to be able to laser engrave right after I rotary engrave it so I know it lines up exactly.

The only flaws I can see in the finished engraving is the grains effecting the shading in some areas. However, that does give it a unique effect also. cool

Jeff

Csatolások/Attachments: 1861450.jpg(160Kb)

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-01-08, 22:17 | Üzenet/Post # 305
Fontos tag
Jeff,

Must be true, "Second time's a charm." The wood grain really adds to this one IMHO.

John

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-01-09, 20:49 | Üzenet/Post # 306
Fontos tag
I did this one today. The wood is same cheap ply as past few images, except I sanded and stained it with a light wipe application of a Golden Oak oil stain before burning.

The stain does inhibit burning, requiring a reduced feed rate (24 ipm), but it does improve final image contrast.

Used 45° Left Angle axis option at .0078 inch pixel resolution with non-laser gcode option.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 1174912.jpg(88Kb) · 3734002.jpg(88Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-01-09, 22:16 | Üzenet/Post # 307
komoly tag
John,

that came out really good. cool I wonder if you used some kind of white stain, or white food coloring, do you think it would come out just like the original B&W photo?

Jeff

KisKZ Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-01-09, 22:50 | Üzenet/Post # 308
alapkő
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 3072
Kitüntetések/Medals: 4
Hírnév/Fame: 9
(picengraver)
I did this one today

Excellent work John!
I like it!

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-01-09, 22:59 | Üzenet/Post # 309
Fontos tag
Thank you, guys. I'm doing another now with a different sealer. Will post later.

Jeff, I don't think I have enough laser power to do white. I tried some time ago to do some white card stock and my laser hardly marked it. I'll see what I can find in the garage to test with.

John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-01-09, 23:03 | Üzenet/Post # 310
komoly tag
John,

Maybe the white reflects the beam to much and it's harder to burn.

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 00:12 | Üzenet/Post # 311
Fontos tag
Jeff,
Very possible. I found some white card stock and I'll try it tomorrow to see how it does.

These two Jaguar Cubs born at the Milwaukee Zoo were a news feature on Yahoo today ( http://news.yahoo.com/jaguar-....86.html ).

Wood is same as previous Lindbergh image, but sealed with MinWax Natural stain, which is water clear.

MinWax has a stain they call "Water Based White Wash Pickling Stain." I will try to get some tomorrow to see how it does.

John

Forgot to note that this was engraved 45° Right angle.

Csatolások/Attachments: 8676530.jpg(73Kb) · 4440131.jpg(64Kb)

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by picengraver - Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 02:19

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 02:54 | Üzenet/Post # 312
aktív tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 192
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Jeff, John, yes, that stuff looks really really good.
From what I've seen here, white or blue are the hardest to burn. Tan or red seems to absorb more of the beam's energy. I can cut through red card stock fairly easily at lower settings, blue takes more than one pass at full throttle.

I got the new leadscrew nuts installed, they fit the screws much better than the old ones so it looks like the nuts wear faster than the screws. Hope to get back to playing with the machine tomorrow. While waiting for the parts, I did some playing with the object rexx package I downloaded. As the name implies, rexx for the PC is now object-oriented (and I'm not), so the learning curve was pretty steep. It supports dialog screens so I put together a gcode tape splitter as a learning exercise. My shop pc is memory constrained and some of the picengrave files can get big enough to choke it. If it might be of use to anyone, I can email it or post it here. You'd need object rexx installed to use it though.
Dave

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 03:56 | Üzenet/Post # 313
Fontos tag
Good Dave. Time for you to get a burning again.

Also thanks for the offer of the splitter, but I have not had a problem with my computers, so far. Memory is cheap on eBay smile

I have dumpsterCNC ( http://www.dumpstercnc.com/ ) ab nuts on my machines, and the nuts have to be replaced two to three times a year. Never replaced a lead screw, yet.

John

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 04:36 | Üzenet/Post # 314
aktív tag
Yes, looking forward to playing. My antibacklash nuts are homebrew, an aluminum block bored out to .850, two acme nuts partially turned down to .850 so they fit the block one on each side and still have some hex area to turn them with. I've had to adjust them from time to time. Looks like the steel nuts wear out too. wacko
New lead screws are in the shop, might have to replace the Y axis but want to test it first.
Dave

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 04:56 | Üzenet/Post # 315
komoly tag
Thanks Dave,

I'm just an end user and have no use for rexx, but I do thank you anyway. That kinda programming stuff is way over my head. huh I looks like it's just us three here doing this laser diode greyscale engraving. I was hoping more would take some interest and get involved here.

This is the brass AB nut I just got in for the PlasmaCam cnc router conversion I am working on for the Z axis.

http://www.ebay.com/itm....9.l2649

The screw is a precision heat treated 4140 alloy acme from McMaster.

Jeff

Dave Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 15:24 | Üzenet/Post # 316
aktív tag
Hi Jeff,
Yup, I looked at those precision lead screws, but they're way out of my price range. The ab nut you posted looks good though, I'll get some next time. I've had pretty good luck with the homebrew nuts I made until recently. Same idea as the one you posted, but without the spring. There was a lot of side play in the old ones, the new nuts fit the old screw without the sideplay.
Maybe other folks are posting elsewhere or just not using these lasers with cnc. It would be nice to see some new faces here on this board though.
Dave

ronihun0385 Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 15:57 | Üzenet/Post # 317
aktív tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 207
Kitüntetések/Medals: 2
hi picengraver,
Grat. Very nice:)

www.cncfafaragas.hu

picengraver Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-01-10, 20:28 | Üzenet/Post # 318
Fontos tag
Thank you, Roni.

You have a very nice web site. I enjoyed looking at your gallery pictures. Maybe we can influence you to try some laser diode projects, too smile

Best Regards,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-01-11, 14:31 | Üzenet/Post # 319
komoly tag
John,

You never did post a schematic on what you changed with Dave's circuit to get the fantastic results you are getting. Is it top secret?

Jeff

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-01-11, 18:09 | Üzenet/Post # 320
Fontos tag
Jeff,
Thanks for reminding me.

I used T&E design (trial and error) smile to develop this circuit. I'm sure it can be improved by someone more experienced than I am in electronic circuit design. Using this circuit I can utilize the full 255 bit output from Dave's DAC and set my LD at a point where it just starts to burn the lightest gray shade at the max. feed rate of my machine (45 ipm).

I used the same op-amp that Dave used in his circuit simply because I had it. Maybe any similar unit will work as well.

I have not yet replaced the op-amp circuit in Dave's DAC design, but I believe this is possible so only one op-amp would be needed instead of the two I'm now using.

With a 5 volt signal from Dave's DAC, I set the gain adjust to output 5V, then with a 0 volts signal I adjust the bias to give an output from my Denmark analog controller of .25 amps to .40 amps to my 445 laser diode, depending on the wood I using. I have the bias pot adjustment on the laser controller set to minimum, and the gain pot adjustment set to give 1.4 amps to my laser diode (I have a 0 to 2 amp analog meter wired permanently between the controller and the LD).

In my gcode, I set the maximum burn at 0.0253 inches to be sure the DAC does not roll over and turn the laser off when it should be at maximum.

Since the laser is now always on when at rest, I next need to add a method to turn off the laser with gcode so it will not slowly burn a spot in the work piece of my machine table. I think a simple relay controlled by Mach3 spindle commands will work good enough for this.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 0968700.jpg(37Kb)

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Diode Lasers. (Using Diode Lasers with CNC Machines.)
Oldal 16 / 51«1214151617185051»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016