Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 1 / 11
A fórum moderátora: Amatőr, KisKZ, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Videos. (Some CNC videos.)
Videos.
tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2012-01-01, 19:21 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Helyzet/Status: Offline
A collection of some of the short (low res) videos I made of my CNC in action, just for fun. It also gave my pal Terry a chance to perform his music (as you can hear, we both like the Shadows) biggrin

Tweakie.

Rotary Engraving.

Laser Engraving.

Vinyl Cutting.

Impact Engraving.

Isolation Routing PCB’s

Pick and Place with Vacuum.

An Aztec Calendar with laser.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

KisKZ Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2012-01-01, 19:58 | Üzenet/Post # 2
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 3072
Kitüntetések/Medals: 4
Hírnév/Fame: 9
Quote (tweakie)
I made of my CNC in action

Congratulation Tweakie!!!

Welcome in your section!!! smile

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2012-01-01, 19:58 | Üzenet/Post # 3
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
tweakie, awesome videos!
During mechanical and laser engraving I didn't see any chip and smoke. Did You use something to remove them?
What tool is that used for impact engraving?

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2012-01-02, 09:23 | Üzenet/Post # 4
alapvető tag
Hi KisKZ,

Thank you for giving me a section within your excellent forum. I will do my best to fill it with information which I hope will be of interest to all forum members and forum visitors alike.

Hi Amateur,

There was quite a bit of smoke with the Aztec Calendar (cut into Obechi) but because there is always the risk from toxic fumes when some materials are laser cut I have a fairly powerful air extractor system. This is an overhead system, 150mm ducted to the back of the CNC machine - it works well but changes the air in the workshop space so rapidly the temperature soon drops to outside ambient. This is OK in the summer but not so good for the winter months biggrin

The impact engraving was done with a Burgess hand-held engraver similar to this but an older model with a small fitting made to secure it to my Z Axis.
The material I was using in the video was aluminum and perhaps too soft because it was engraving too deep – perhaps steel would have made a better demo ??

Tweakie.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2012-01-02, 10:17 | Üzenet/Post # 5
alapkő
tweakie, thank You for infos!
A powerful exteractor is useful, rather feel cold than being poisoned smile
Yesterday we were speaking about laser diodes on chat, and I think You have more experience about them so please share with us.
Your 150mW laser what materials can burn and what is the maximum speed? What optics did You used?
We are purchasing some 1W laser diodes, and not sure what is it good for with a correct optics.

The impact engraver I really like, it has a good flavour that can follow a little bended surface.
The type You use is running with constant frequency, but the stroke power is adjustabe, isn't it?

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2012-01-02, 17:32 | Üzenet/Post # 6
alapvető tag
Hi Amator,

I made a separate thread for diode lasers as I think this is an exciting subject which many will be interested in.

Tweakie.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2015-03-22, 11:17 | Üzenet/Post # 7
alapvető tag
Another short video of two slaved stepper motors used in my initial experiments with a string winding machine.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tweakie-cnc/15565495153/

Tweakie.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2015-03-22, 14:30 | Üzenet/Post # 8
alapkő
tweakie, nice job! up
I've seen some automatized coil winding machine but this application is some new.
Will you produce guitar strings?

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2015-03-22, 15:15 | Üzenet/Post # 9
alapvető tag
Hi Zoltan,

Thanks.

It is still work in progress but I modified the original Mach3 coil winder screen set to suit the application. Initial tests were Music wire core and Copper or Nickel wrap wires on the 1/3rd length cores.
The full length machine is now capable of producing some really nice results for these custom strings (finished both ends to a defined length). Attached a pic of some strings wrapped with 0.006" / 0.013" / 0.020" phosphor Bronze wire.

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 5312496.jpg(142Kb) · 0767383.jpg(56Kb)

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2015-03-23, 18:04 | Üzenet/Post # 10
alapkő
tweakie, really nice outcome!
I thought everything is available in instrument shops. Where can You use this custom strings? Do You play on guitar?

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2015-03-24, 07:37 | Üzenet/Post # 11
alapvető tag
Hi Zoltan,

I do play guitar - but not very well.
The String Winder is a commercial project to produce these custom strings for custom instruments, some of which are guitar’s.
Apparently, there are ‘strings’ and there are ‘strings’ and although it is beyond my capabilities to hear the difference I am reliably
informed that the experts can tell.
For me, the object of this project has been mainly to determine the differences caused by changing (or slightly altering) some of the
many parameters involved in the winding process. I have learned a great deal along the way – my initial thoughts were that using stepper motors would not be satisfactory because of speed (or rather low torque at high speed) but this was quickly dismissed when stepper motor speeds up to 15,000 rpm were easily achieved using Mach3.
Because it is a commercial project I cannot discuss the full details of the solutions but the wrap wire deforms into a oval cross
section when wound onto the core wire – the final width of this ‘oval’ can be greater than or less than it’s original diameter (dependent on wrap wire tension) also the wrap wire may vary in it’s initial diameter from one batch to another.
Although these variations are only in terms of micron’s it all starts to add-up when winding say 6,000 to 8,000 turns on one string. The machine’s X axis wire feed has been designed to be driven by two stepper motors (operating through a differential gear mechanism) where one stepper does all the work and the second stepper provides a positional correction determined by electronically sensing the angle at which the wrap wire is set to meet the core. There are many other hardware and software variants (far more than I had first envisaged) which all play their part.
Overall the project sounds strange when we can easily purchase 3 sets of wound strings for less than 10 GBP but I suppose there is always the quest for ‘the perfect string’ irrespective of cost. 

Tweakie.

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2015-03-24, 15:40 | Üzenet/Post # 12
alapkő
tweakie, thanks for detailed infos!
I played drums when I was young, and I know this effect, some good qualified musicians hear the difference what I can't. Now I can understand Your aim, pefection is always a driving force, not everyone is satisfied with the buyable goods.
Anyway it is an interesting project, I wish You to achieve Your goal! respect

H1i.hu

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2015-03-25, 07:25 | Üzenet/Post # 13
alapvető tag
Thank you sir.

Tweakie.

Fórum » Only in English » Technologies » Videos. (Some CNC videos.)
Oldal 1 / 11
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016