Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 2 / 3«123»
A fórum moderátora: KisKZ, Amatőr, tweakie 
Fórum » Only in English » Homemade CNC Machines » Anyone's CNC Machine. (Details of your new CNC machine or build project.)
Anyone's CNC Machine.
picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-05-19, 21:39 | Üzenet/Post # 21
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Helyzet/Status: Offline
I am making some progress on my new machine, although slower than I would like.

Enclosure is done, and wiring controls is starting.  To save desk space, I have mounted it at a 15° angle.  I'm not sure how this will work out, but I'm hopeful.  I can always change it later if necessary.  Smoke and fumes will be expelled with a fan out the back of the case.

Adjustment for material thickness is manual.  Can be set from 0 (paper) to about 7/8 inch/ 22mm.  If more is needed, I can easily make longer brackets later.

The digital pot circuit I put together works very well with Mach3 in testing.

More later,
John
Csatolások/Attachments: 7498802.jpg(293Kb) · 8391201.jpg(264Kb) · 9907138.jpg(207Kb)

I paint with a blue light beam.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-05-20, 09:13 | Üzenet/Post # 22
alapvető tag
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Looks like you have been busy John, it’s coming along nicely.
Interesting idea about the 15 deg. work positioning – I look forward to hearing how this pans out.
Certainly your idea of having the Z axis mounted horizontally on your rotary axis machine was just excellent as gravity helps with clearing the chips from the work area etc. so you may be setting a new trend in laser machine design here. smile

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-05-27, 18:30 | Üzenet/Post # 23
Fontos tag
I powered the axes this morning and tuned up Mach3.  I'm using the UC-100 USB motion controller (http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html) with an old laptop.  Works smooth so far.

X runs 600+ ipm and Y runs 350 ipm, both with 100 in/sec/sec acceleration, which I think is fast enough for me :), and this with the steppers limited to 75% of full current to limit heating.

John

Hozzáadva (2013-05-27, 18:30)
---------------------------------------------
Well, finished all the wiring and installation yesterday, AND, as sometimes happens ( but maybe more often with me dry ) things don't always go as planned.

I managed to ruin my new 445 diode with an apparent electrostatic discharge, so now I'm waiting for a replacement to arrive.

However, on the bright side, the new diode will have built-in ESD protection, and more power output.  And that's a benefit because this new build will run faster.

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-05-29, 08:08 | Üzenet/Post # 24
alapvető tag
Wow John 600+ ipm @ 100 ips/s - that's fast. cool

Sorry to hear about the diode though.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-05-29, 09:26 | Üzenet/Post # 25
Fontos tag
Thank you Tweakie.  I am replacing the diode with a 9mm 445 that has built-in ESD protection, and more power output.  With a G2 lens, I may be able to use just a little of the speed this machine is capable of.

Your signature line is very appropriate for this machine build. smile

John

Muk Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2013-06-06, 21:25 | Üzenet/Post # 26
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 61
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Looking at your XY stage there, you could easily add a CO2 setup to that without much difficulty wink

Not that you don't already have an itch your scratching with your diode...but you know, food for thought.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-06-07, 02:50 | Üzenet/Post # 27
Fontos tag
Rob,
It is a little tempting, but for for some future day; not anytime soon.  I'll just have to keep scratching for now.
John

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-06-07, 10:07 | Üzenet/Post # 28
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Idézet (Muk)
Looking at your XY stage there, you could easily add a CO2 setup to that without much difficulty Not that you don't already have an itch your scratching with your diode...but you know, food for thought.

Hi and welcome Rob.

I do have to say it is more difficult to build a CO2, then a laser diode engraver. I'm sure Tweakie can confirm this with what all he went through on his build. Besides, at this time, using a laser diode will give better results when laser engraving 8bit shaded images by varying the power. Sorry Tweakie, I know your getting very close, but even you have admitted it is very hard to do without dithering an image first.

Rob, I can't wait to see what your experimenting will bring to the table here.

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Muk Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-06-07, 12:55 | Üzenet/Post # 29
ismerkedő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 61
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Thanks for the welcome, I've seen your work...beautiful stuff.

Yeah, no question there. Definitely harder to build a CO2 cutter....I'll snap you guys some pics of my build tonight. It's...a labor of love that's for sure. Man oh man...

So here is my build. It was based originally on the "Blacktooth" frame from Buildyourcnc. I've since modified it increasing exhaust level, better power control (put in a dedicated switching 5v regulator to my POT), Temperature, amperage, and voltage monitors, emergency stops, much better BoB (from CNC4PC), better laser PSU that is more stable/higher quality and upgraded air assist.

The exhaust was moved from the rear to the top for better exhaust until I can get a new cutting table built to draw air directly through the bottom instead of through the top (which adds to my cleaning time to my mirrors sad ). But it's better then the latter.

Though the appearance is not great...I'm on a very limited budget since I'll be going back to school in September for Mech. Engineering...so I had to save costs where I could, which meant having quality items but ugly implementation wacko
Csatolások/Attachments: 8683654.jpg(100Kb) · 4742715.jpg(90Kb) · 1796807.jpg(113Kb) · 0080080.jpg(33Kb) · 6023126.jpg(24Kb)

JJWMACHINECO Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-06-07, 13:17 | Üzenet/Post # 30
komoly tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 443
Kitüntetések/Medals: 5
Thanks Rob,

That actually looks very slick and a tidy/neat setup. Well, at least by my standards of neatness.   biggrin

I would be proud of a build like that. yes

Jeff

Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver

Az üzenetet módosította/Modified by JJWMACHINECO - Péntek, 2013-06-07, 13:24

tweakie Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2013-06-07, 17:26 | Üzenet/Post # 31
alapvető tag
Good work Rob, very nice machine cool

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2013-06-08, 09:12 | Üzenet/Post # 32
Fontos tag
up
Sweet machine.
John

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-06-26, 00:13 | Üzenet/Post # 33
Fontos tag
It's finally running.  I still have more work and tuning to do.  It only cost me two, 2 watt 445 diodes due to my mistake in trying to use a single DC power supply for both the cnc controller and the laser driver. sad   That's one mistake I won't ever repeat.   I'm now am using a separate supply for the diode and driver.  The new diode is good for 2 amps; my older one is limited to 1.6 amps.  Hopefully shorter engraving times will result.

I have looked at the first image with a magnifying glass, and the Y axis increments look extremely evenly spaced, unlike my lead screw machine, which always puts dark lines in an image due to lead screw thread inaccuracy.  I'm happy so far with the belt drive.

John

Csatolások/Attachments: 5635181.jpg(67Kb) · 5055467.jpg(77Kb)

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2013-06-26, 07:56 | Üzenet/Post # 34
alapvető tag
Looking good John ok

Tweakie.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-10-06, 11:27 | Üzenet/Post # 35
alapvető tag
No exactly CNC but this little machine is the “Douglas” No.1 linear coil winder made in the 1930s by The Automatic Coil Winder & Electrical Equipment Co. later to become AVO Limited.
It was given to me by an extremely good friend who actually used it, or one of it’s sister machines (there were 8 of these in the factory) back in the late 1940s as his first job after leaving school.
The machine had suffered somewhat, over the years, but was basically complete so it was well worth restoring to it’s original working condition.
I am uncertain as to it’s future but hopefully my efforts will have prevented it from being broken up for scrap and it will live on for many more years to come.

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 0170735.jpg(191Kb) · 6042217.jpg(173Kb) · 8372633.jpg(170Kb)

Zolibá Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2013-10-06, 17:14 | Üzenet/Post # 36
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 1267
Hírnév/Fame: 3
tweakie, this is a great work surprised

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-10-07, 01:23 | Üzenet/Post # 37
Fontos tag
Tweakie,
I like to see the old machines, and especially how the various mechanical parts are arranged to accomplish a unique task.  You and your clones (how else can you get so much accomplished?) must stay pretty busy all the time with all your interesting projects.

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-10-07, 11:31 | Üzenet/Post # 38
alapvető tag
Thanks guys, you are too kind.

Sadly, the original nameplate (which was printed onto steel) did not survive the ravages of time. Using some artistic license and getting the fonts as close as I could match another nameplate had to be engraved so the machine is not completely original but I think I can live with that. smile

Tweakie.

Csatolások/Attachments: 3948513.jpg(78Kb)

Amatőr Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2013-10-07, 18:09 | Üzenet/Post # 39
alapkő
Üzenetek/Posts: 2207
Hírnév/Fame: 3
tweakie, great work what You did with the coiler, I think You broght it back to life. A piece of history from a non computerized age. The plate looks original. up

H1i.hu

csewe Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2013-10-08, 06:24 | Üzenet/Post # 40
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Moderátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 596
Hírnév/Fame: 1
Hi tweakie.

This is a beautiful and useful old machine.
Nice to save for posterity.

Zoli.

Fórum » Only in English » Homemade CNC Machines » Anyone's CNC Machine. (Details of your new CNC machine or build project.)
Oldal 2 / 3«123»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016