Hobby, 3D, Relief, CNC  

[ Új üzenetek · Tagok · Fórumszabályzat · Keresés · RSS ]
Oldal 2 / 3«123»
A fórum moderátora: KisKZ, Tomi, tweakie, Amatőr 
Fórum » Only in English » Let's talk about...! » How are you??? (Just to talk....)
How are you???
KisKZ Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2011-04-19, 18:48 | Üzenet/Post # 1
alapkő
Csoport/Group: Adminisztrátorok
Üzenetek/Posts: 3072
Kitüntetések/Medals: 4
Hírnév/Fame: 9
Helyzet/Status: Offline
Anything what in your mind.....

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2012-02-27, 12:38 | Üzenet/Post # 21
Fontos tag
Csoport/Group: Felhasználók
Üzenetek/Posts: 528
Kitüntetések/Medals: 3
Hírnév/Fame: 2
Well Tweakie,
Yesterday here was a day with no sun - rainy and chilly all day - even canceled the Daytona 500 auto race for 1st time in its history. BUT, if I ever find a way to bottle a sample of Florida Sunshine - I'll ship some to you biggrin
John

I paint with a blue light beam.

Béni Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-02-28, 09:18 | Üzenet/Post # 22
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 658
Kitüntetések/Medals: 6
Hírnév/Fame: 3
picengraver, do you know Bill Atkinson's enhanced dithering method?
It is very impressive.

Some information.

http://dotg.weebly.com/
http://benishare.weebly.com/

picengraver Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-02-28, 11:55 | Üzenet/Post # 23
Fontos tag
Thank you, Beni.

Yes, it is impressive and simple to implement, and I have included an adjustable version of his algorithm in my program, PicDither.

I think that some images can be improved for laser engraving with slight adjustments to the dithering algorithm. It helps to eliminate some "stray" pixels in some of the lighter areas of an image.

I have much to learn about image manipulation and laser engraving, and I originally wrote my program to help me learn. After seeing the Dot-G results by Tweakie and his
"Big-Boy" laser, I decided to expand my program and make it available for others to use. I hope to soon release it out of Beta after some testing and feedback by others.

Best Regards,
John

jonah Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-03-23, 20:39 | Üzenet/Post # 24
nézelődő tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 1
Kitüntetések/Medals: 0
Hírnév/Fame: 0
Hello new boy here i fined this sight the best yet for CNC and the free downloads look great.
I am an OAP new to all this but trying very hard.
I have not been able to get the free ones to work yet but in time i will work it out.
My machine is a cheep one made in china but it works very well using mach3.
Best wishes Jonah biggrin

KisKZ Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-03-23, 20:49 | Üzenet/Post # 25
alapkő
jonah,

Hello Jonah,

Welcome in family! smile

Viktor Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-03-28, 07:37 | Üzenet/Post # 26
Fontos tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 658
Kitüntetések/Medals: 1
Hírnév/Fame: 3
tweakie, Hi how are you? Your site is very cool I like it a lot Stories.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2012-03-31, 00:14 | Üzenet/Post # 27
Fontos tag
Friends,

Cut2D users can get a free update now. Well worth your time. New version installs and leaves old version also.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite....iew.htm

Regards to All,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com

KisKZ Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2012-03-31, 00:16 | Üzenet/Post # 28
alapkő
Quote (picengraver)
Cut2D users can get a free update now. Well worth your time. New version installs and leaves old version also.

Dear John!

Thank you for this very important information!

Have a very nice day! (here 1:21 smile )

Peter

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2012-03-31, 12:27 | Üzenet/Post # 29
alapvető tag
Üzenetek/Posts: 972
Hírnév/Fame: 5
Hi John,

Thanks for the information regarding Cut2D.

Have you tried "F-Engrave" yet ?? http://hobbycncart.com/forum/66-164-2#6818 a very interesting little program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jonah,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2012-04-01, 17:12 | Üzenet/Post # 30
Fontos tag
Thanks Tweakie,
Yes, I played with F-Engrave a bit a couple of days ago. Great program and a great find. Thanks for posting about it.

BTW, I have M10/M11 working now. I am still experimenting with my post processor for Cut2D, but thanks to your help it now seems good. Will try it more in the next couple of days,

I am, however, seeing a "trailing tail" on single pixel burns. I think this is due to the turn off latency, for lack of a better description, of the laser diode. It is not bad, but personally annoying.

I am considering putting together an adjustable "one shot" trigger for my driver circuit, using a 555 IC, to see if I can minimize the tails.

JohnC

tweakie Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2012-04-01, 17:39 | Üzenet/Post # 31
alapvető tag
Hi John,

I am curious about the trailing tails and would be most interested to know how you solve the problem, or what indeed causes them.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Hétfő, 2012-04-02, 20:27 | Üzenet/Post # 32
Fontos tag
Tweakie,

I ran some tests today (good pictures not possible with my cameras), and I don't see much difference between using M commands and C direction to trigger my diode, except that M commands are actually slower when burning the same file than C commands. I used the exact same gcode file and just swapped M10P1/M11P1 for C.0005/C-.0005 with a text editor. I ran a pixel-by-pixel raster image file, not a vector file, and burned some bass wood. When using M commands, the final image is a little darker, but this is probably due to the file running slower at the same F speed.

In both images, single pixels are slightly elongated, but the C pixels are noticeably shorter than the M pixels (1.25p vs. 1.5p). When I simply pulse the diode without an axis movement, I get a nice, small, round burn point, so I know my lens is sharply focused. I'm still not sure if this is due to Mach3 or diode burn latency, but I'm leaning towards it being Mach3 since pixels are closer to round with C commands. I have an old Win 98 computer available, so I think I will run some tests next week with TurboCNC to see if there is a difference. This way maybe I can either prove or eliminate Mach3 as the cause.

I know that I may seem to be overly critical, but I'm really wanting to determine what is actually possible with a laser diode.

And all of my present thinking is obviously wrong if you do not see similar results with your CO2 laser.

More later.

Regards,
John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-04-03, 08:44 | Üzenet/Post # 33
alapvető tag
Hi John,

Curious one this.
With the CO2 laser, I have not noticed any difference between the Axis direction pin and M10/M11 switching times but this does not mean that there is no difference just that I have not noticed one.
When I get time, I will carry out some o’scope comparative measurements between the two switching methods (just to see the difference) and I will report back.
If it would be of any help, you could perhaps email me a sample of your generated GCode so I could try it here and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Szerda, 2012-04-04, 12:12 | Üzenet/Post # 34
Fontos tag
Thanks Tweakie,

I will be interested to see your timing results.

I didn't have time to do much Tuesday, but I did run more tests late Monday, and my results are still not definitive yet. I inserted a dwell (G4 Px) after the M11P1 to keep the axis from moving with the laser on, followed immediately by a M10P1, but Mach does not seem to allow dwells shorter than about 1 ms, which is way too long to use all the time, but it did seem to reduce burns to single pixel width (got small dots).

And it just may be that I not testing properly and carefully enough. I am going to draw a small test image (50 x 50 pixels) of lines and single pixel dots to use as a standard for timing tests. Using photo images I will post a copy when I can test it with different gcode arrangements and CV on/off. I don't have an o'scope, but this should work almost as well for my purposes.

It will be next week before I can continue since I will be away until Sunday.

Peter, I am not sure this discussion is in the proper place. Please advise if it should be moved from this section.

John

tweakie Dátum/Date: Csütörtök, 2012-04-12, 13:28 | Üzenet/Post # 35
alapvető tag
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay with the Mach output timing measurements but there is more to all this than I had at first thought.

Various Mach settings appear to have differing effects on the delay intervals between the direction pin and output # transitions and I need to spend more time checking and tabulating the results. Obviously I can’t check every different Mach setting but I will look for a 'best optimum', as time permits and will report back with the results.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Péntek, 2012-04-20, 18:22 | Üzenet/Post # 36
Fontos tag
Hi Tweakie,
Sorry for the delayed answer - I've been a little distracted by other matters and have not worked too much with the laser.

I did find that I did not have the beam focused as good as it can be (big head slap here), and that has helped. I also have reworked my post processing code arrangement, and that helped some, too, I think.

One thing I also discovered is that it is important to have adjustable power for the laser, and tuned to the material. I have this, but not easy to change with my present homemade driver, so I wioll rework it some to add an easy to access adjustment and a full time ammeter. I have adjusted power down from about 1.1 amps to about .6 amps for burning leather, and results are much better.

On another nore: the PicDither file issue (not usable by Dot-G directly) is not an easy problem to fix. Seems that Microsoft has not provided for any means to save an image as a true Bitonal file, so I will have to write a file conversion routine from scratch. It is possible, but will take more time than available to me just now, so it's on my to-do-later list sad

JohnC

tweakie Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2012-04-21, 07:05 | Üzenet/Post # 37
alapvető tag
Hi John,

Thanks for the update. cool
Interesting info about diode current reduction for leather (bet it still smells awful though biggrin ).

The 1 Bit image issue is no real problem as Irfanview can be used so don't spend too much time on this. I am sure you have much more exciting projects to be spending your time with.

Tweakie

KisKZ Dátum/Date: Szombat, 2012-04-21, 08:55 | Üzenet/Post # 38
alapkő
Quote (tweakie)
Interesting info about diode current reduction for leather

When I will have time i will start set in an PWM based diode power driver from one of hungarian friend.
I will write information abput this.

This unit change current according xy speed, and z depth.

tweakie Dátum/Date: Kedd, 2012-04-24, 12:09 | Üzenet/Post # 39
alapvető tag
Quote (KisKZ)
This unit change current according xy speed, and z depth.

Thanks KisKZ,

I will be most interested in this.

Tweakie.

picengraver Dátum/Date: Vasárnap, 2012-05-20, 21:58 | Üzenet/Post # 40
Fontos tag
Group,
I have posted a PDF document on my site describing my newly developed method of making lighting panels for lithophanes. I hope the idea is original since I have never seen it described elsewhere.

I welcome all comments and recommendations for improvements/changes. I have only just made the prototype and posted here about it first, but next weekend I will begin a larger model as a gift for a family member.

There is so much good information, and such good artistry demonstrated by members of this forum, that I can only hope my small contribution helps a little to inspire someone with more talent than I have improve this design.

My Best Regards,
John Champlain

PDF is here: http://www.picengrave.com/downloads/Lithophane%20Light%20Panels.pdf

Fórum » Only in English » Let's talk about...! » How are you??? (Just to talk....)
Oldal 2 / 3«123»
Keresés:

Copyright HobbyCnCArt © 2016